SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Is the Roman Catholic Church really rooted in EVIL?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
EverestoSama

Re:

On Mars Hill Paul also told the Greeks that their gods were false, and commanded that everyone repent. And yes, this is what is called wisdom.

What he DID NOT say though was,

"Well, looks like you guys probably serve the real God as well as the false ones. You maybe serve Him in a way that's a little different than my own, but as long as He's at least among the ranks of those you serve that's good enough for me. You say you have spiritual gifts too (and the Greeks had plenty of counterfeits of their own)? That's fantastic! Let's join hands and try and convert the Romans!"

And I can see that you really don't have any Scriptural evidence to show that it's OK for a Christian to continually participate in idolatry. You won't find any either.

2012/8/26 23:38Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, did you hear anyone say those things that you wrote? the Holy Spirit does lead us and guide us to all truth. if you can talk a malaysian into something than someone else can do the same.tell me about your experience of seeing many truly converted.the apostles came to Jesus and told Him that they saw others preaching the gospel of the kingdom and proudly said so we forbade them. Jesus said forbid them not for whosoever that is not against us is with us.jimp

2012/8/26 23:56Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

You're not staying on topic, but skirting the issue to go down rabbit trails. I'm not talking about preaching the Gospel. I'm talking about whether or not a born again believer can remain in idolatry. Simple as that.

So, can they?

I just want this question answered with Scripture. Not with personal stories, experiences, challenges, comparisons, or ad hominem. It's quite strait forward. Just show me the answer from the Scriptures to this question;

CAN A BELIEVER CONTINUE TO PARTICIPATE IN IDOLATRY AFTER THEY ARE BORN AGAIN ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE?

2012/8/27 0:14Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
CAN A BELIEVER CONTINUE TO PARTICIPATE IN IDOLATRY AFTER THEY ARE BORN AGAIN ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE?

You go shopping sometimes do you not?

Diane

2012/8/27 7:48Profile
MaryJane

Re:

jimp wrote:if your mother is rc sit down with her and recite the apostlescreed with her and remember catholic means universal. lead her to Jesus for He is the saviour. you dont have to tell her about a piece of bread being her God and if she eats of it she is eating her god.jimp

I have prayed about this and I am going to with draw from this thread. It is clear that some believe that there is no issue with being Catholic and following the traditions and teachings of men in that religious system. I came into this thread because on some level I think I was hoping someone could show me in scripture that it wouldn't really matter if my mom prays to Mary, or divides her heart between JESUS and Mary but honestly that was all self on my part. I love my mom and the thought of her dying and spending eternity in hell separated from GOD breaks my heart but I am not going to ignore the Biblical truth of the situation either.To much is at stake her salvation her eternity is at stake. I am going to pray and keep sharing with her as GOD gives me words and leading to do so.I am going to do my best to point her to JESUS and no other. I will do this in love with CHRIST leading but I'm not going to pray with her to Mary, or the dead saints. I am not going to support her notions that if she is good enough she will earn GODS favor. I am not going to follow the Catholic rituals with her and pretend that is loving her. I love my mother to much to lie to her or to just pretend everything is ok. I did that with my dad, I just can't do that again...

God bless
maryjane

2012/8/27 8:09Profile
jimp

Re:

hi,it was and is amazing how when rcs get exited about Jesus and what He did for them on a personal way how the saint and mary thing faded .jimp

2012/8/27 8:22Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
You go shopping sometimes do you not?

Sure do. Don't sweat much about either.

1 Corinthians 10:25-27

Eat anything that is sold in the meat market without asking questions for conscience' sake; FOR THE EARTH IS THE LORD'S, AND ALL IT CONTAINS. If one of the unbelievers invites you and you want to go, eat anything that is set before you without asking questions for conscience' sake.

But what I'm talking about is addressed earlier in the chapter;

Do not be idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written, "THE PEOPLE SAT DOWN TO EAT AND DRINK, AND STOOD UP TO PLAY."

Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.

You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons.

Since I've answered "yes" to your bait-and-switch question, could you answer mine with Scripture?

2012/8/27 11:51Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
I love my mom and the thought of her dying and spending eternity in hell separated from GOD breaks my heart but I am not going to ignore the Biblical truth of the situation either.To much is at stake her salvation her eternity is at stake. I am going to pray and keep sharing with her as GOD gives me words and leading to do so.I am going to do my best to point her to JESUS and no other. I will do this in love with CHRIST leading but I'm not going to pray with her to Mary, or the dead saints. I am not going to support her notions that if she is good enough she will earn GODS favor. I am not going to follow the Catholic rituals with her and pretend that is loving her. I love my mother to much to lie to her or to just pretend everything is ok. I did that with my dad, I just can't do that again...

I pray that God blesses you and your testimony to your mother for your love of His truth.

2012/8/27 11:53Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons.

Since I've answered "yes" to your bait-and-switch question, could you answer mine with Scripture?

Sure! Firstly, I trust that you are not reading into what I write any suggestion that it is quite acceptable to worship idols and God at the same time. I have not said that. But idolatry is a heart issue, and is not equated with our surroundings. Eating with pagans does not make you a pagan idolater. Avoiding them does not mean you are free from idolatry in your heart. I know you believe that to be true, and also that Jesus called us to be in the world, but not of it. Speaking of the world, I’d like to return to the Babylon imagery. Here are a few “clips” from Rev. 19

Woe! Woe to you, great city,
where all who had ships on the sea
became rich through her wealth! …..
The merchants who sold these things and gained their wealth from her…..
dressed in fine linen, purple and scarlet,
and glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls!

You see no reference to any religious icons in Rev. 19. Babylon is a world system – rooted in materialism. Doesn’t this sound like the same world you and I live in and breath in every day. We live according to this system in many ways. We go shopping. We exchange money. We collect material possessions. Since you and I are among the few privileged who have a computer – we are likely smack in the middle of “Babylon”. How shall we leave Babylon? Go to a poor country? Of course not. We leave “Babylon” by entering the “Promised Land” – that is, the Kingdom of God through Christ’s redemption.

Let me tell you a personal story: When I returned from the mission field I was shocked over the materialism that had crept into the lives of God’s people. …. Or was it that I had become accustomed to the way of poverty? You see, when it comes to judging – we must be careful. That applies not only to the materialistic habits of the world, but also for the religious habits of people. For example: Being a musician, I get extremely troubled by the way music is used in an idolatrous way in our churches (in my opinion). But the worshipers see it as a way to get closer to God. I see this music as the protestant version of the Catholic rosary – in my opinion…

And we won’t talk about the possibility of self-righteous pride on my part. :-/.

Here’s the question: Because you and I acquire our possessions and even have jobs in this system Scritpure calls “Babylon”, does that make us idolaters? Well, only God knows. And His testings can reveal our heart. Oh, of yes, we have consciously put our trust in Jesus Christ. But how deeply that trust is compromised by other trusts – well….. only God knows. We can fool ourselves. So before we condemn an entire people group according to the system they walk in, it is best to let God work on the speck in our own eye. Then our vision is clearer.

Well…. enough of my rambling.
Thank you for bearing patiently with me.

Diane

2012/8/28 9:20Profile
roadsign

Re:

For futher discussion: Indisputably the Roman Catholic Church arose out the system of "Babylon" on the back of Constantinian Christianity. It was an attempt to revive the Roman Empire. Since then what Empires have risen up out of the system of "Babylon" (other "Babel Cities") And how has the kingdom of God functioned within these powers?

Diane

2012/8/28 9:28Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy