SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can a Child Molester Inherit the Kingdom of God?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

When I was sexually abused by my older brother which lasted for a few years (I lived in fear of him because he had a bad temper). No one came to my aid, not even when I told my parents. Mother was angry but she couldn't do anything and Dad didn't do nothing. Years later I forgave my brother but he has never confessed his wrong doing. When other family member speak of ill of him, I lift him up because as far as I am concerned what was done is done even though I am left with the scars and in the throes of healing.

Should I take my brother before the courts and let the world deal with him because of his homosexual crimes against my humanity?

What kind of believer would I be? It only shows me that I hate my brother.

Even if that son who turned Dad in was a real true born again Christian, he would have questioned his decision. We don't know if he tried to reason with his Dad to make right his Daughters, we don't know if he went to them to make right with them but they refused and wanted this thing to happen. We don't know that once Dad was taken into custody they lamented that their brother would have done such a thing. We don't know all that happened.

Molestation is a wicked thing, it murders the soul, it drowns out love and brings to the surface anger and frustration that seems to want to be with us for the rest of our lives even when we know Christ.

Years ago I've brushed with the law and police on several occasions, each time the Lord had pulled me out from being taken in. If God can do this, why can't we? Why can't we avoid the law on behalf of ourselves and our brethren as much as we possibly can?

Look at Corrie Ten Boom hiding Jews behind her hidden closet? She lied to the world, the powers that be. Should she be taken to court because she concealed Jews that were considered enemies to the state?

How far do we go with this?

Thankfully I am glad that I will never have the opportunity to confess my pass wrong doings, lest my under the blood wicked act be visited with a subpoena.

2012/5/30 13:24
ArtB

New York

Re:

KrispyKrittr on 2012/5/30 7:53:53 wrote:

"There is Biblical church discipline, but it should NEVER be carried out based on someone's "word of knowledge"."

Thus we are in agreement.

I do realize that there are many Christian Churches who have their own By Laws. Some ban the drinking of any and all alcoholic Beverages, and some ban any and all dancing, and some ban going to the movies. By Laws ought to be respected and honored.

The Apostle Paul wrote that there is nothing wrong with eating meat that was sacrificed to an Idol. But if an immature Christian conscious is troubled by your eating meat sacrificed to an idol, for his sake do not eat that meat. But if you are home and by yourself, then there is nothing wrong with eating that meat that was sacrificed to an idol, eat and enjoy, it is just meat. Our ulitmate goal is to love one another, and care for each other, and to Love our God with all our Heart, might, and strenght.

Show me a church that bans all sinners and I will show a Church that is empty, or breaking their own ban!

2012/5/30 13:26Profile

Re:

Art... the church does not exercise discipline in a totalitarian way. The goal of church discipline is to restore the one who has sinned, and church discipline should only be exercised when all other means of correction, restoration etc have been exhausted.

For example... I sinned against you in some way. We go to the same church. 1) You come to me to reproof me and I refuse to reconcile and repent. 2) You then bring a witness with you and try again. I refuse. 3) Then you are to go to the elders... and they come to me... and I refuse. 4) Then they tale the matter to the church... still nothing. 5) Then I am put out.

The goal of putting one out is to see them reconciled to the Lord and to the church.

98% of issues like this should be resolved at step 1 if it is a healthy and growing church.

The one in the wrong gets FIVE chances to repent before they are put out. I call that GRACE.

Krispy

2012/5/30 13:50

Re:

Approved, I am truly sorry to hear about your experience. I'm glad you found resolution in the Lord.

If I knew for sure someone was molesting children I would not hesitate to turn them over to the courts. For revenge? No... to protect the children who they will molest if they remain free.

If someone ever molested my children... may God have mercy on them, because I wont.

Any man who would turn his head away and allow such a thing to go on is no man of God.

Even Jesus said if someone caused a little child to sin it would be better that a millstone be tied around his neck and be thrown into the ocean (to drown). That was for causing them sin... imagine committing sin on them!

Krispy

2012/5/30 13:57

Re:

Quote:
I sinned against you in some way. We go to the same church. 1) You come to me to reproof me and I refuse to reconcile and repent. 2) You then bring a witness with you and try again.

I remember years ago that this happened to me once. Two brothers came to my door to clear things up and they bypassed step 1 which I thought was pretty good. The brother that was wronged that night went out satisfied that all was well.

I have found that most Christians (even ones that are in name only) do end up reconciled. I have found that even in the world when I have wronged the world in some way, people are willing to get things off their chest. It's humiliating for me because I was supposed to be the example Christian. ugh!

2012/5/30 13:59
ArtB

New York

Re:

Approved,

I too came from what they call a dysfunctional home. There was physical abuse and sexual crimes commited, and uncalled for beatings.

So what is to be done? Forgive, forget, and move on in God's presence.

We walk with our true Father and His only begotten Son, Jesus. We Bath in His blood and He cleanse our whole being.

Rejoice in your slavation and the presence of God in your very being. Soak yourself in His love for you. And forgive all who have sinned against you, pray for them, and dwell in the presence and love of God in your life and very being via the indweeling Holy Spirit.

Our body, like a rose, it withers away! But we are spirit, and in the presence of The light and The Love, For God is Light and He is Love, our spirit is healed, and we are nourished daily. Nothing can seperate us from the Love of God and the good will He has for us. And He has prepared a home for us where there will be no weeping, and the Lion will sleep with the Lamb, and our joy and fellowship will be good and be complete.

God has blessed you Approved. And may He continously Bless you.

BTW, the Bible does not say "do not lie." IT SAYS "WE SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS." particularly meaning - in a court of Judgment, such as a real court, or in the court of public opinion, where lies (gossip) wrongly destroy the life of someone who can not defend themselves. There are times when an outright lie is a good choice, particularly if it prevents innocent people from unjust sufferings. But in making such a decision, one ought not lie to theirself.

2012/5/30 14:25Profile

Re:

Quote:
If I knew for sure someone was molesting children I would not hesitate to turn them over to the courts. For revenge? No... to protect the children who they will molest if they remain free.

Oh I would too. It's within the Church that if I knew a brother that was doing such a thing, I would be hesitant at first of doing anything like that. I would tell the Pastor and demand that he tell the family and let the family do what "seemeth right in their own eyes".

Quote:
If someone ever molested my children... may God have mercy on them, because I won't.

Indeed, my Mother still has a hard time with my brother she just has no use for him and it's probably why he doesn't live around here anyway. I wish him well for he has many troubles. What I am thankful for is that the Lord found him and saved him.

2012/5/30 14:46

Re:

Quote:
I have found that most Christians (even ones that are in name only) do end up reconciled.

Unfortunately that does not always happen. There is a couple that wronged my wife and I, and we took steps to fix the situation... but they refused and instead blamed us for all their issues.

We dropped it. The Bible says to live at peace "so long as it depends on you". (Romans 12:18)

I've had to shake the dust off my shoes on a number of occasions when people who called themselves Christians refused to reconcile when I made an effort. You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.

Krispy

2012/5/30 15:10

Re:

Quote:
Oh I would too. It's within the Church that if I knew a brother that was doing such a thing, I would be hesitant at first of doing anything like that. I would tell the Pastor and demand that he tell the family and let the family do what "seemeth right in their own eyes".

The only problem with this is that in almost every state in America you would be breaking the law. So would your pastor.

In almost every state if you suspect that child abuse is happening you have a legal obligation to make a report. If you do not you can be held legally liable. And later in life if the abused person comes forward and claims they were abused and can prove that you knew about it and did not report it to the legal authorities... a civil lawsuit can be brought against you... and we're talking MILLIONS of dollars depending on the situation.

Thats what the whole Penn State thing was all about! This has been in the headlines for almost a year.

You can not simply turn it over to someone else to handle. It's illegal. And in my opinion, it's not a law that causes you to break God's Law.

God's Law, in the OT, called for child abusers/molesters to be stoned to death.

God doesnt take such things lightly.

Krispy

2012/5/30 15:15
ArtB

New York

Re: I do not understand ???

I wrote:

KrispyKrittr on 2012/5/30 7:53:53 wrote to me. ArtB:

"There is Biblical church discipline, but it should NEVER be carried out based on someone's "word of knowledge"."

I replied

"Thus we are in agreement."

Then you replied:

by KrispyKrittr on 2012/5/30 10:50:27

"Art... the church does not exercise discipline in a totalitarian way. The goal of church discipline is to restore the one who has sinned, and church discipline should only be exercised when all other means of correction, restoration etc have been exhausted."

Once Again, I agree with you.

In the first reply to you, I simply introduce a 2nd topic relating to By Laws. By Laws often are rules and procedures that are not explicitly in the Bible.

I attended a Baptist Church where the By Laws prohibited members from drinking any Alcoholic beverages. These By Laws go back to the time of Prohibition, and were in Compliance with the then US Law. In the 1980's, it became obvious that many members casually drank alcoholic beverages, usually during meals, and usually wine. They were not drunks, they were Godly people. So the Church voted to revise their By Laws from banning drinking of Alcohollic Beverages to simply banning drinking alcoholic Beverages at all Church Functions.

The later ban was for those who may come to our Church and who may be struggling with Alcoholic addiction, or a family member being so addicted. IMO, a wise decision all around.

I personally like drinking a glass of wine with my meals.

No, not breakfast. :)

2012/5/30 15:21Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy