SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Anxiety attacks on Christians.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
waitonGod

Re: Anxiety attacks on Christians.

I know exactly where you're coming from brother. I never knew the devastating effects of depression until I experienced it first hand. An easy answer would be to pray and study Scripture. However, when you feel like you're at the bottom of a sea of anxiety, that's often easier said than done. The toughest thing for me to fight was the seeming absense of the presence of God from my life. I think that was probably Job's toughest fight as well. He lost everything he had, but when He looked right and left for his one Comfort, He was nowhere to be found. Yet Job determined, "But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold." Hold on brother, and pray through your pain. God always makes available a way of escape. In the mean-time, many have given good advice. Saturate yourself with Scripture. Put your hands to work in serving God and others. It also might help to find a person of God that you trust and confide in him. It's hard to make it through these struggles alone.

2012/5/1 10:50Profile
mama27

Re:

Thank you for all the comments here. The enemy is able to get to me quite often in the nighttime hours when my prodigals are doing their nighttime folly. The Christian walk is a continual battle and sanctification process until we see the Lord face to face. I HAVE had victory when speaking some of the verses mentioned OUT LOUD...Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world...

2012/5/1 11:16Profile
MonteCarlo77

Re:

Just wanted to say a big thank your for all those who posted. Things are getting better. I even printed out all those verses and read them out loud from time to time.

I didn't realize how much your emotions/thoughts can effect you physically. I have to learn how to control my thinking so I don't fear so much.

But seriously, thanks guys. I love this website because it only points you to the cross.

2012/5/9 16:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy