SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : New 'SermonIndex Community Guiding Principles'

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
rbanks

Re:

Amen and I also agree with alreadymind and believe you have the character to be a future moderator.

Brother you have been such a blessing to SI and myself because of your humility and keen wisdom the Lord has shown you.

I thought about the wise choices Greg has made in the moderators recently with Christian, Robert, and Compton. These are men with character as well as Paul and Greg. The moderators do an excellent job and are very well versed in the bible with wisdom from God to articulate the gospel message and to help give aid to others. They strive to keep the unity of the Spirit and make sure that people are treating each other with respect.

blessings...from brother rbanks

2012/4/30 12:13Profile

Re:

I am no longer seeing stars, someone please hit me again :-)

Have the stars been taken away? No biggie, I have always viewed them as performance, like a good record so far. By the way, what were they for?

2012/4/30 21:17
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I am no longer seeing stars, someone please hit me again :-)

Have the stars been taken away? No biggie, I have always viewed them as performance, like a good record so far. By the way, what were they for?

Brother, we have taken out the stars with just a simple graphic. The stars represent before how many posts you had and the "moderators" had "red stars". After thinking about this further it makes more sense for all users to have the same status because we are all just Christians who are brothers and sisters and equal in Christ. And the reason the bar is "red" for moderators is just for them to stick out as an authority on the forums to be paid attention to "a little more" then the other posts.

I trust this change will help people more see themselves as the same as others and part of this community together. I am going to post this also as another thread so people can be aware of these changes just made.

2012/4/30 21:32Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I am just bringing up these new "guiding principles" for those that have not seen them and we are going to be revising them in the next week God willing also. Thanks for all the input so far.

2012/5/3 0:48Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re: New 'SermonIndex Community Guiding Principles'

These sound like good guidelines, i have no complaints or disagreement with any of them. I just have to be honest though and say that i feel VERY distrustful of any authority now after so many years of having been in churches where that authority was conducted with arrogance, abused, etc. There have also been other forms of authority i have encountered in society that have abused their authority and/or proven themselves untrustworthy, harsh, etc. So now i find it a LOT harder to respect ANY authority. My hackles go up around now around anyone in any position with a title or position of leadership over others. So i ask that any moderator who addresses me please do it in a meek, non-authority fashion (i'm having trouble saying what i am trying to say here but hopefully you get the idea). Basically, anyone with a title really raises my hackles. I'll try to refrain from snarling. Of course, i have to remind myself too that it is nothing personal.

2012/5/3 1:27Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Tremendous comments so far which are helping us modify and change these rules as we are still revising them. Any other comments and suggestions as you read through them?

Thank saints for your feedback to help make sermon index a place where it can continue to be safe, encouraging and uplifting.

2012/5/8 21:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy