SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Baptist Pastor endorses Govenor Romney despite calling Mormonism a cult

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

And of course he was pro abortion for much of his political career in the north east.

I mean in regard to public policy, Romney's Mormonism is probably just as influential as JFK's Catholicism. That is to say, of little influence, as evidenced by his position on abortion.

2012/4/21 15:22Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

We are in the world by needs must, but not off the world.

Yes, but again, the way our political system is designed in America, to not vote is to still participate in the system. And you can no more divorce yourself from living in this reality than you can divorce yourself from the fact that the person who lives next door to you is your neighbor. Even if you try to distance yourself from them by buying 100 acres of the land, that will still not change the fact that the person who shares borders with your property is by definition your neighbor.

2012/4/21 15:26Profile

Re: just a slight fifference

One may try to draw similarities between the Catholicism of JFK and the Mormonism of Mit Romney. But here is where the similarities end. Yes. JFK was a Catholic. But a good Catholic? Highly unlikely. We know from current research JFK was pretty popular with the ladies. Even when President. Because JFK had a good relation with the press they kept his maritial infidelity under wraps. Jackie Kennedy certainly knew of her husbands infidelity. But being the classy person she was she continued to love her husband if not put up with him. Certainly she was more faithful to her marriage vows then her husband. Marital unfaithfulness has always been a hallmark of the Kennedy men. Catholic. Yes. But in name only.

And now Mit Romney. He is a moral, virtuous, upright man. He has never been unfaithful to his wife. He does not smoke, drink alcohol or coffee, of cuss. He completed over 30 months of his mission service. He stands in high honor in the Mormon church. He is conservative. In essence a man who lives out his faith. In other words a good Mormon. The man who should be president. Truly a man of righteousness.

But wait a minute? Was not Mormonism founded on a revolation by an angel? Are we not warned by Paul that if an angel from heaven preaches a false gospel they should be cursed? Are we not warned again by Paul that Satan can manifest himself as an angel of righteousness? Is this not what Mormonism is? A false gospel? A false righteousness? This revealed by Satan as an angel.

Jesus warned his followers that Satan would try to decieved even the elect if possible. The antichrist will not reveal himself as an evil hideous demon. He will probably come across as a Mitt Romney. Probably a nice guy. Moral. One you woukd want as your next door neighbor. And this is what makes Romney all the more dangerous. Because he believes what he practices.

I realize one must use discernment using Google or other search engines. But do some searches on Mitt Romney and freemasonry. Mitt Romney and Whitehorse Prophesy. And so forth. The true nature of the Mormon cult will be revealed. If we have a Islamic challenge. Then there is also a serious Mormon challenge.

After doing the Google searches then ask yourself. Can I vote for Mitt Romney and still stand before God with a clear conscience? Tragically I feel many will cast their votes for this man because they are so lbcessed to beat Obama. IAnd that will contribute to the great falling away of the American church.

Bearmaster.

2012/4/21 15:58
pilgrim777

Re:

Quote:
If you don't vote for either one does that mean you don't care who gets in and then the one who does get in actually got a vote from you because you didn't vote against him.

It could mean you simply don't know their heart and don't trust their words. Or it could mean you are listening to the Lord and He has not led you to do anything with regards to voting.

Promotion comes neither from the East or the West but from the hand of God. He raises up Kings.

Pilgrim

2012/4/21 16:20Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

If the number of true Believers (follow the Lamb whithersoever He goes), don't vote or don't join the Military, it will be akin to a fingernail scratch on a Mack Truck.

In my opinion, True Believers voting will not affect any outcome. We should be about the Lord's business and no other business.

2Ti 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Pilgrim

2012/4/21 16:27Profile

Re: White Horse Prophesy

When it comes to good oke fashioned self reliant, conservative values, you can't beat mormons. Mormons are the biggest lovers of America around. They love the flag and worship the Constitution. Mirmons regard the Constitution as inspired as their book of mirmon.

Because of this a prophesy was issued to the mormon church. The prophesy said when the Constitution hangs by a thread a man would come forth riding on a white horse to save it. Real orfigurative. Some in the Mormon church see Mit Romney as the man to save the Constitution. There are a few who see him as the next world leader for the mormon kingdom.

Ok. Time to get off this.

Bearnaster standing down and back to the New Testament.

2012/4/21 16:30
rbanks

Re:

Well Brethren I don’t have the liberty of conscience to vote for either one (Romney or Obama).

As Christians we know that the kingdom of God is not of this world and that we are to live as strangers and pilgrims just passing through. Jesus said that His kingdom was not of this world and that His servants were not to fight for it.

I couldn’t even vote as they say for the lesser of two evils because I can’t seem to know who that would be.

I thought of something else, when Jesus told someone to follow Him and let the dead bury the dead that I believe I’m going to do just that and let the dead vote for the dead or another way of saying it-let those who are of this world vote for those who are of this world. I will just pray for His kingdom to come and his will to be done on earth as it is in heaven and that His kingdom principles will rule in the hearts of his people and that many that are not His people will believe and become his people.

Blessings…from brother rbanks

2012/4/21 17:21Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Quote:
All hijacking attepmts of threads aside with all and various subjects not raised, I wonder what Evangelicalcs will make of Mormonism in the next six months, will it cease to be a cult perhaps in an attempt to pivot from a previously held postion? Only time will tell. The people that have argued strongly for over 30 years, moral majority and so on, have to be in a genuine crisis as the strong postion was always that we must have a strong Christian in the Whitehouse and that this would be the salvation of America........... bro Frank

(deliberately ignoring the straw man " should we vote or not vote and stubbornly sticking to the subject at hand :)

You make a very good point, Frank.

You would think Evangelicals that have always posited that we need a strong Christian in the White House would be having an identity crisis right now when even thinking about backing Romney. But, many seem to be doing it quite easily.

Reminds me of the saying, "The enemy of my enemy has become my friend".

I think that is a good explanation of what happens in politics.

Pilgrim

2012/4/21 17:28Profile

Re: Renember Israel

Robert Jeffress, the SBC pastor, reflects the attitude of the children of old. Remember when Israel said they wanted a king? And look at the grief she endured. Israel was not content in God being their king.

Sane thing here. American evangekicaks crave the whitehouse so badly. What price will they pay to get it.

Remember Israel.

Bearmaster standing down.

2012/4/21 18:57
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Excellent points BearMaster & Pilgram777. I was concerned about voting as I have an out of State drivers license etc. But if it comes between the two. Romney & Obama I too will not vote with a clear conscience. We are not of this world. In it but not of it.

Great information. Thank you for sharing this.

Let us be more concerned with lifting up Jesus that He may draw all men to Himself.

And pray for our leaders and the Nations etc.

I pray I am on God's Word for this.

God has a plan. He is King. He is Creator. He is in control. He is our Heavenly Father. We can go to His Throne Room with our prayers & supplications. That is what He wants us, His children, to do. In Jesus, His Son's Name.

So, Holy Spirit, please remind us to do so. We pray you put in the White House the person You want for Your plan to be accomplished upon the earth and keep us strong and close to You Lord that we may be a light as the world grows darker. We trust You Lord, Your plan for this Nation and all the world, for Your people, for all.

We love You Lord, we surrender to You Lord, we embrace Your ways Lord. Help us to walk in them with eyes upon You Jesus and the things of this world will grow strangely dim. You will be brighter and brighter in our hearts that the Living Waters will flow from us onto those who You bring into our paths.

We worship and bow down to our King of Kings & Lord of Lord.
Christ Jesus.

2012/4/22 10:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy