SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Foundation of Faith - Heart or Mind or Both

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
joeSOC

Melbourne Australia

Re:

I believe sin has a debilitating effect on the mind. I can say this confidently because Jesus who never sinned had in my opinion a perfect mind. Evidence for this can be seen in testimony of those who heard him speak in the temple at age 12.

So would I be then wrong in assumming the less one sins the better one's mind becomes and this leads to an effective prophetic ministry. I know its speculation. However I like to know if I am wrong.

2012/4/17 19:41Profile

Re:

Quote:
So would I be then wrong in assumming the less one sins the better one's mind becomes and this leads to an effective prophetic ministry. I know its speculation. However I like to know if I am wrong.

You are 100% correct. So how do we overcome sin and come to perfection? you have to know what sin is to be able to overcome it. So what is sin?

Whoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 1 John 3:4

Contrary to what the world teaches, if you don't know what the law is, you will never know what sin is as such, you can never overcome sin because you don't know what it is to begin with.

Let know one deceive you, he who practices righteousness is righteous,but he who practices sin is of the devil.1 John 3:7

John defines righteousness for us as (keeping the Law)
and sin which is (breaking the law) opposites!

It's as plain as day.

2012/4/17 22:14
jimp

Re:

hi, noone in the bible who had great faith ,had a bible.the word they received was from God as a personal directive word... we receive faith the same way. we hear, we receive, we believe, we obey.that is faith.jimp

2012/4/18 2:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy