SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can we lose our salvation? Let's ask the "Prince of Preachers"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Approved - Christ was the LAST ADAM.

Quote:
You made a mistake - Christ was the LAST ADAM

Your right, the wording does say last Adam. I've incorporated the word second into my thinking from this verse, 1 Corinthians 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Besides that, you are correct. Thank you for pointing that out. :-)

2012/4/13 12:02
pilgrim777

Re:

Approved,

I think you are thinking that rbanks was saying that God does not save everyone because He (God) does not consider them worth saving. rbanks was disagreeing with this line of thought. At least that is what I understood.

Pilgrim

2012/4/13 12:07Profile

Re:

Now we're venturing into trying to understand the mind of God.

One thing we know for sure, either way God gets glory. When a saint enters into the heavenly kingdom God gets glory because of His love and mercy and grace.

When a sinner enters into hell... God gets glory. He gets glory because of His righteousness and perfect judgement.

As to trying to reason why this or why that? Who are you, oh man? If God predestines to save some, and not others then that is His decision to make, and His attributes would make that decision perfectly just and holy... regardless of whether or not we can reason in our own minds why He would do that.

He doesnt care what you think, frankly. God does not consult us.

I am not saying all of that is true, I'm saying that IF thats how God has decided to do things... who are we to question it?

Krispy

2012/4/13 13:19
rbanks

Re:

Thanks Pilgrim for understanding!

Sorry Approved that I didn't make it clearer so there wouldn't be any misunderstanding. I should have worded it better.

There are a lot of mysteries concerning predestination, but I just can't believe that God would leave many of His creation out of His plan of salvation, only because it was His decision to save some, only because he was not willing to save all.

Blessings...from brother rbanks

2012/4/13 13:19Profile

Re:

Krispy, the Word says, if a Brother have ought with you, that you should go to him and try to get it right.
I felt you should know that I wasn't trying to be a wise guy earlier in this thread to you, but to try to bring out in the version that you and I use, what our Brother was trying to express.
I've never had ought or words with you. Quite the contrary - if you can remember.

Also Grateful that He has provided work for you & your family.

Ann

2012/4/13 13:20
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

The distiction between LAST Adam, rather than second Adam is very important.

1 Corinthians 15:45-47 says:
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit.

Howbeit that [was] not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

The first man [is] of the earth, earthy: the second man [is] the Lord from heaven.

Jesus is the LAST Adam because he took all that belong to the Adamic race (all of us and our sin) and it died with Him. He was raised 'the second man' and we in Him are now part of a new mankind, not after Adam, but after Christ.

Every blessing, my dinner is ready - must go!

2012/4/13 13:42Profile
rbanks

Re:

quoted from Krispy:

When a sinner enters into hell... God gets glory. He gets glory because of His righteousness and perfect judgement.

As to trying to reason why this or why that? Who are you, oh man? If God predestines to save some, and not others then that is His decision to make, and His attributes would make that decision perfectly just and holy... regardless of whether or not we can reason in our own minds why He would do that.

He doesnt care what you think, frankly. God does not consult us.

We might think this is ok as in thinking that we are giving God all the glory but there is nobody in hell that is giving any praise to God. The dead can't praise God only the living.

Let's roll the clock forward Krispy and let's just say that, (God forbid this should ever happen to you my brother) you found yourself in hell because you were deceived into thinking you were one of those predestine to eternal life but found out that you weren't, do you really think that you would say "well glory to God He saved those in heaven and glory to God He sent me to hell" but praise God he saved some even if I wasn't one of them so I'm happy that He saved some and I'm also happy that He sent me and others to hell. I don't believe you could say that then but it is easy to say that when you believe you are one of the chosen few and have excepted what I consider a cold and lack of Love doctrine.

Blessings...from brother rbanks

2012/4/13 13:44Profile

None of us have already attained.

Hi BrotherTom,

The word "ordained" does not mean the same as "predestined." In this context, the word is "prographo." The root "pro" means "before" or "above" and "grapho" means "written" or "described." It is translated elsewhere in the New Testament with this in mind.

In a sense, you could argue that the events of the Revelation were "written" or "described" "before" they actually happen....Ccchhhrrriiisss

Thank you Chris for this knowledge, and it does sort out, a wee bit maybe, the mystery of the Chosen; the foreknowledged ones. There is a thread of inevitability in their lives....the..."if it were possible" thing that is written about the notion of them getting deceived.

But there is also the warning, that Jesus Himself would "Blot out their names from the book of Life." Jesus also holds the option of changing Eternal decisions. He writes one in the Book of Life forever, and at some point He blots them out; for defiling their garments.

I believe that this is written so that we will fear, that as Paul warred against, the notion that he had already attained...[ OSAS ]

"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you."

I believe he had this idea of OSAS in mind here; extreme grace.

2012/4/13 14:11
pilgrim777

Re:

God puts the responsibility on man for accepting or rejecting Him.

Matthew 16:25
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

He did not die for all and predestine the majority to hell at the same time.
He died for all the "whosoevers".
Luke 6:47
47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:

1 Timothy 2:4
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

It's kind of contradictory of God to tell us that He desires all men to be saved knowing that He has condemned many to hell. What kind of a gospel is it that makes God out to be a liar?

If you cannot preach a gospel that is for ALL men, you may as well pack it up now, because your message will have no power. No one wants to hear a message that is basically playing Lotto.

Titus 2:11
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to ALL MEN

Paul hoped to save some of All Men.
1 Corinthians 9:22
22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

Pilgrim

1 Corinthians 2:16
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

2012/4/13 14:29Profile

Re:

Quote:
When a sinner enters into hell... God gets glory. He gets glory because of His righteousness and perfect judgment.

Brother Banks, I think what Krispy was saying about God gets the glory can be answered in this verse;

Romans 3:4 .... let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

So when a sinner does enter hell, God will be justified because of the fact that He made provision and he did not heed.

2012/4/13 14:52

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy