SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Comparison:The State Of the Church Today Vs 2000+ yrs ago

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
alanrepent

Re:

Quote:

How does one calculate the premise that there are only a "few" Uncompromising American Churches?

Jesus says few will enter in. Key word "uncompromising."

2005/2/4 9:25Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Well, one thing to remember is that 5 of the 7 Churches of Asia were in some sort of 'compromise.' Corinth is no exception to this. That makes 6 out of 8 or 75% of these New Testament Churches. Titus was told to "Set in order the things that are wanting..." This tells me that there is a need for folk to come in and help steer things right. Cursing the darkness is not going to get things done- we must shine the light. ;-). Again, were any of us to arrive at Philidelphia we might say, "Well, they have it all together." But, then they would have no need of us. Ephesus sticks in my mind as the church that seemed to really be 'uncompromising' yet they were about to get their candlestick pulled. :-? There is more to having things together than having them fit our view of 'together.' There are a lot of variables. A whole Lot. Only Christ can truly speak to this. He stands in the midst of the candlesticks; I do not.

God Bless,

-Robert

2005/2/4 10:51Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Quote:
Jesus said "Go thou and preach the kingdom of God." The bible says God is pleased with the foolishness of preaching. It seems satan has allowed people to think that this command to "Go!" is outdated in our culture, and satan has taught many churches that people should just "Come." He tells them to spread the "gospel" by saying things like "would you like to come to our church?" instead of preaching the kingdom of God. somehow satan even got people to believe that this is a valid form of "witnessing." It is an attraction gospel, instead of the forcefully advancing kingdom that was established after Jesus came. The fearful have a place in a lake of fire and brimstone.

You know it has even gotten to the point that people think that going to church is all that is required to be a Christian. People go to church to "get a word" but is that really how the early church operated? Or was the early church a place to gather and share what God has done for oneself with others? There is a spirit of compacency that is upon the church and is and had been keepin us from really doing God's work. Along with that is a spirit of deception that has caused people to believe many lies and blasphemies instead of the truth of the word. The truth of being a Christian is that there will be many trials and tribulations that come with it, look at how the early church was persecuted, the apostles were hunted down like animals and many martyred because they were about their father's business and that upset a lot of people. If you look at the church today, it has morphed into this compromising beast that tries to please the world and God at the same time. The only thing that can happen now to get the church back on track is for the tribulation to come. That fire will consume all that which is not of God chasing away the false believers and leaving only those who are truly about GOd's business. I pray that we be found among the latter.

2005/2/8 10:31Profile
moreofHim

Re: state of the church

Came across this quote today:

"Lord, make me a crisis man. Let me not be a mile-post on a single road, but make me a fork that men must turn one way or another in facing Christ in me." -Jim Elliott

We need more men and women like this! I want to be a fork in the road, a crossroads where people see the real Christ and say "I have a choice to make".

Edit: and I do mean "Christians".

In Him, Chanin

2005/2/8 10:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy