SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : As a christian what you wear matters

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Paul had a radical encounter with God. Out of this flowed the love and the Glory of God. He encountered God in visions and he learned to be content by trial and tribulations, he indeed abided in Christ continually. Whether he lived or whether he died he wanted to glorify and magnify Jesus and live the Gospel before men as a living epistle that defused the fragrance of HIs intimate knowledge in every place he went. The fragrance of Christ followed Paul, the Spiirt of the Lord went before Him. In trials and persecutions he glorified the Lord, in visions of glory the light of the knowledge of of the glory of God which was in the face of Christ Jesus, shone into the darkness of this world. Yes indeed, imitate that. Come to God and know His glory, come to God and glorify HIm whether you live or whether you die, come to God and glorify Him whether you abound or whether you are abased, in all things glorify the King, yes, indeed, do all of that............ bro Frank

2012/3/23 1:08
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings and thank you for the replies, this is so interesting and wonderful to me. God has used a simple portion of words to open up so many truths about HIMSELF! I have been encouraged to daily walk in Jesus, to wear the garments HE has so carefully and lovingly chosen for me, and to glorify my KING JESUS. To be in HIM is to truly have life!!

God Bless you
mary

2012/3/23 11:09Profile

Re:

Quote:
lol better your tongue bleeding than someone's spirit, brother!!

God bless,
Lisa

Just for the record, I would never recommend the Message "Bible" to anyone. In case anyone ever wondered... lol

Krispy

2012/3/24 7:13
MaryJane

Re:

by KrispyKrittr on 2012/3/24 1:13:21

Quote:
lol better your tongue bleeding than someone's spirit, brother!!

God bless,
Lisa

Just for the record, I would never recommend the Message "Bible" to anyone. In case anyone ever wondered... lol

Krispy

Love you brother,

God Bless
maryjane

2012/3/24 8:08Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Onemite Quote: What then does it mean then to put on Christ?

Gal 3:27 for as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

As I understand it would Christ as very source of your nature.

Ephesians 4:22–24 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

So there you have a description of the two persons, the old self and the new self. Now the key word that describes the old self or the old man is the word corrupt. Sin has corrupted the nature of the old man. He is morally corrupt, emotionally corrupt and physically corrupt, he is going to die, the end of corruption is death.

“The old man who grows corrupt according to the lusts of deceit” You see, the essence of the problem of the old man is he was deceived by Satan. And out of his deception has come what the New Testament calls lust. The New Testament lust frequently means desires which were implanted by God and which were originally natural and healthy but which through sin have become perverted, evil and harmful.

So that’s the result of the deception of Satan that the desires implanted in us by God have become corrupt, harmful.

Now you look at the description of the new man in Eph4:24 “You put on the new man who is created according to God in righteousness and holiness of the truth. It’s important to see that the old man is the product of the lie, the new man is the product of the truth. And the truth brings forth righteousness and holiness.

“That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith” Eph 3:17 that’s the new man, Christ in you. It’s the nature of Jesus Christ, the Christ nature. The purpose of God was to bring many sons to glory, to reproduce Jesus in every one of the believers.

Rom6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

You see, there’s a difference between having your sins forgiven and the old man dealt with.. Forgiveness of sins is wonderful but you’re never going to have a life of victory or real fruitfulness as long as that old rebel is still alive inside you.
God’s provision is the execution of the rebel that took place when Jesus died; our old man was crucified with him. It doesn’t matter whether we know it or believe it, it’s true. But knowing it and believing it is going to change you and me.

Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. Rom6:6
"Knowing this"-----Do we know this? “our old man is crucified with him” Notice the body of sin…that’s another word for this thing in us that’s always motivated to sin. “Might be done away with”

Let me say some might disagree with me on this, as there is some theology that teaches that the old man was dealt with at conversion. One thing about theology, it has to work in experience otherwise it’s not much use. “The body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin.” That’s the purpose, to escape from the slavery of sin and that is only when we recognize that our old man was crucified with him. Merely having our past sins forgiven is tremendous but it doesn’t deal with the slavery of sin.

Our old man was put to death that the new man might live in us

2012/3/25 17:37Profile

Re:

HI Murrcolr, you previously wrote..........

""We can't really claim to be "Christ's" until we have "crucified the flesh" with it's lusts and affections"

Are you sticking by that statement , because you seem to be saying something different now? Clarification? ...........bro Frank

2012/3/25 20:18
onemite

Re: murrcolr

At the time I wrote what I wrote I was very sincere and full of joy, but I have not been able to follow very well since you challenged me to examine my words.

Perhaps I do need a thorough examination of my heart and walk. I am thankful for God's hand in this and am confident that He will use it to strengthen me in the faith.
In this last post the things that you say are very important because I have been stumbling on these scriptures and I have been combing through various books on the subject. I really want them to make sense in my mind and sink down deep into my heart and take hold. I've been working hard to die. I have been thinking that If I follow Jesus he will lead me to my death. His life on earth led him to the cross.

Although I consider myself to be a reasonably intelligent person, the wording is confusing me which leads me to believe that I have a blind spot that God wants to address, or I am not to debate theology. Both are probably true.
Thank you for the confrontation. I will be taking it all to the Lord.
God bless,
onemite

2012/3/25 23:11Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: Are you sticking by that statement , because you seem to be saying something different now?

Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

This is the verse from where that statement came from..

What am I saying different from the last post, you asked about being sanctified before being justified....which I thought was a very strange question...

Here we go

When we are born again we become the child of God but as we continue on in the Christian life we will eventually find out that we are carnal ie Romans 7 "the wretched man".

The problem is the flesh (body of sin) has not been dealt with in the believer. What I mean is that Christ has dealt with body of sin on the cross but it hasn't been worked out in the believer...

So you can be led by the Spirit of God and then you can be led by the flesh following it's affections and lusts.

Should we claim to belong to Christ fully in that condition?

2012/3/25 23:19Profile

Re:

HI Murrcolr, we are not born again and then discover that we have not been born again. I am not sure why you think my question strange. The lie from hell itself, propigated by the Catholic church for centuries and broken by the reformation was the lie that one has to clean up ones act in order to get saved ( justified) Obvioulsy, that is the foundation of every religion on earth, the notion that one could carry out certain steps and make themselves presentable to God. Nothing makes you presentable to God apart from the blood of Jesus. The sanctification process will undoubteldy lead many, if not most, through the Romans 7 experience. But if one is saved, one is saved. You cannot be half saved. The point is, when God looks at one who is covered by the blood of the lamb, no matter what stage of sanctification they are at, He sees His own Son. This is our salvation, this is the blood on the lintel, this is basic orthodox Christianity brother.

I am still confused as to your position. Are you saying that one cannot claim to Christ's unless that one has attained a certain level of sanctification? Surely you are not saying that? ......... bro Frank

2012/3/26 0:03
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: we are not born again and then discover that we have not been born again.

I never said that this is what I said “When we are born again we become the child of God but as we continue on in the Christian life we will eventually find out that we are carnal ie Romans 7 "the wretched man"

There will come a point in the walk of a born again man that he will soon be able to confess “It is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me” He will confess "I will to do what is good, but the power to perform I find not."

God allows this failure in the born again man to be taught his own utter impotence and during this struggle there comes a sense of our utter sinfulness. He allows that man to strive to fulfill the law, as he strives and wrestles, he finds it is I, and yet not, it is myself; so closely am I bound up with it, and so closely is it intertwined with it it’s my very nature. I am a Born Again child of God, but I am utterly helpless to obey His law.

Quote: I am still confused as to your position. Are you saying that one cannot claim to Christ's unless that one has attained a certain level of sanctification?

Does this born again man above need deliverance from “sin that dwelleth in him” Is not the law of God doing it’s work making sin exceedingly sinful in his sight and as the school master bringing this man to Christ?

If the Born Again man is being brought to Christ for deliverance has he experienced the full Salvation of Christ? Does God expect that a born again man would have the flesh ruling his life?

Frank the word is clear “they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts” Gal 5:24.

2012/3/26 13:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy