SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : True Repentance

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
onemite

Re:

This site has a host of wonderful text, audio and video sermons that talk on this very subject.
Here is one:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp6wALuMPy0&feature=related

2012/3/24 2:18Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i alsways thought the tree of life has always been Jesus and His commandments are to love God and one another. He also is the gate to the city. He is the Way , the Door. when someone is loving God and his nieghbor it is obvious to others that if salvation was by works this person should be a candidate.but as we know salvation is not by works but by Christ ,the Way Truth and Life.jimp

2012/3/24 3:07Profile

Re:

Quote:
by a-servant -

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

When I was in my 20's or 30's I also kind of ignored this verse, but later on I saw the connection to the epistle of John. It's really the last word on that matter, because when you truly mediate on the subject long enough (even years) you might realize that in the end the ones that do not do his commandments did not receive the grace to do so, and they do not practice or not have any real faith to do so. Sorry to be so blunt, but this is one of the 'finality verses' in connection with 1 John to determine if the light in a person is true light or actually darkness, that just has the appearance of light. We know that in the final (current) apostacy the followers of 'the god of this world' will persecute the true saints that are characterized by Jesus as 'the blessed that do his commandments'.

I don't understand why people don't believe that they that do his commandments are called Blessed, it's really as simple as that, because nobody can do it without Jesus. That's his grace in action manifested. And that's proof that someone is in subjection to God, or on the other hand is not in subjection and is still his own king of the castle that makes up their own guidelines and reality.

If someone accuses you of "commandment keeping" don't worry about it, just say thank you, because God calls you 'blessed' and only that matters, today and in hundred years from today...

Psalms 37:22 For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.

We are saved by grace through faith - BUT - after our salvation, the Holy Spirit and The Word testify, "If you LOVE ME you'll keep My commandments."

I believe that a portion of what is called the Church these days, has the Readers Digest version of the Bible.

I'm not talking Old Covenant or Old Testament - as many start to immediately yell - "Law keeping - Read Galatians and Romans!" .... but whoever doesn't own a Bible Concordance and can't look under the New Testament section for the words - "Commandments" - "Commandment" - "works" - "deeds" - "Obey" and "obedience" --- is just plain confused or plum stubborn.

The Church is hurting because of this cutting away of half of our New Testaments.
It really is and He will hold us liable for leading the young in Christ away from the Whole counsel of His Word.

Good post & thank you, a-servant.

2012/3/24 9:16

Re:

"I'm not talking Old Covenant or Old Testament - as many start to immediately yell - "Law keeping - Read Galatians and Romans!" .... but whoever doesn't own a Bible Concordance and can't look under the New Testament section for the words - "Commandments" - "Commandment" - "works" - "deeds" - "Obey" and "obedience" --- is just plain confused or plum stubborn."

And yet SI has a vocal heretic on this very thread that would equate the new testament word commandment with the letter of the law of moses. This is the greater error.

-Jim

2012/3/24 9:29

Re:

I seldom disagree with you, Brother Jim, but we have MORE folks on here that are into easy believism than this one man that really hasn't answered the question of - does he mean all the 613 laws of the Torah - And, I truly think that easy Believism is just as if not more dangerous than this one man - even if he doesn't believe that we should end our prayer with "Amen" - because there isn't a soul here that believe that we're to "stone our rebellious children or our aduterous spouse" - so his posts are very obvious, so far --- but this "Hyper-Grace" movement that I've seen pull into SI within the last two yrs are the real "fighters" of GOD's Word and as I've said - There are lots more of them than this one obviously 'different' man, who I find basically harmless to others because of the obvious "difference" in him.
I wouldn't want to see him or anyone else be banned - not even those that far out-number this one man, that are the opposite side of the scale, the Grace-Abusers ... Unless they got obscene with their flaunting of their sin - like we saw here last year - and that one person was justifiably banned.

2012/3/24 9:49

Re:

JIG-

During an outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the streets of Detroit I saw grace abusers come under deep conviction and repent. Then I saw hebrew roots move in mostly unchecked and help grieve away the Holy Spirit. That is my bias in this topic and I recognize I need to be careful in expressing myself because I have a personal bias.

I totally agree with you 100% on the grace abusers. The grace of God that saves surely teaches us to deny ungodliness and live sober upright lives, and no professing believer who lives and dies in willful unrepentant sin will inherit the kingdom. I took a beating on a differnt thread for saying that.

I do apologize for my ambiguos words in my previous post. I guess I am just so grieved by the dog that has come in and I worry about young true converts that have the God given desire to walk in obedience to Christ being mislead by judiazers. Substituting the dead letter of the law for the life giving spirit. That is the key to avoid both errors - walking in the Spirit, walking in the love of Christ and brethren. There is no law against such a person who lives and walks in that reality. Of course such a person will not use their freedom in the Spirit as a cover-up for evil either.

God bless in Christ Jesus JIG.

2012/3/24 10:13
jimp

Re:

hi, when we get saved its grace and faith in Christ and while we are being saved(sanctified)its grace and faith in Christ and when we shall be saved(glorification) its grace and faith in Christ...not of works ,lest any man would boast.jimp

2012/3/24 11:01Profile

Re:

Quote:
That is the key to avoid both errors - walking in the Spirit, walking in the love of Christ and brethren. There is no law against such a person who lives and walks in that reality. Of course such a person will not use their freedom in the Spirit as a cover-up for evil either.

.... and loving our enemies as well. That's the harder part.
I understand dealing with folks of the HRM, Brother. Been there, yrs back when I first got a computer - but I believe they are much more obvious than those that quote just "faith and grace" verses and can't seem to find the verses that prove that there are 'two' types of this one word "works". One type of "works" won't save us - the other type "works" does, after we're saved.
That's where a N.T. Concordance should truly be used and for those others words mentioned above as well.

It's a two-way-co-operative relationship - not one sided - but as soon as we begin to speak of 'obedience' - here will come yet another with the "grace & faith only" verses that Paul and James and John and Jude and the writer of Hebrews dealt with quite effectively, though those sections of His Word are obviously neglected by some. Should sin abound so that grace more abounds?, is the question still for today's easy believism folks.

Thanks for your reply, Brother Jim - though I wouldn't call anyone here a dog, believing as you've alluded to, that His love for mankind works on the worst of us. Like me for example. It was the goodness of GOD that led me to repentence/salvation.

His Grace to you in ever increasing measure!
GOD Bless you.

2012/3/24 11:25

Re:

"and loving our enemies as well. That's the harder part."

I do love my enemies.

" I wouldn't call anyone here a dog"

I was quoting the word of God.

"believing as you've alluded to, that His love for mankind works on the worst of us."

Yet the apostles command that their mouths be silenced and I trust they knew more of Gods love for mankind than many of us. So with that I have to be faithful to Gods call on my life and the instructions of the apostles, even if it seems unloving to some. It is not unloving to reject the calls of a serial rapist that wants to spend the night at your house in order to protect your wife and young children.

In Christ -jim

2012/3/24 11:50

Re:

" It is not unloving to reject the calls of a serial rapist that wants to spend the night at your house in order to protect your wife and young children."

It is also not unloving to sternly warn your neighbor when the guy tries weasling his way into their house.

-Jim

2012/3/24 11:54

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy