SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : True Repentance

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Elibeth

Re:

MichaleoLiao,

You asked the question,..'I just want ask about true repentance as
apposed to false repentance.'

Wouldn't true repentance be,: ....We were going in one direction,
and to repent would mean to turn and go in the opposite direction in which we had been traveling.
Paul is our good example of repentance...He was going in a way/his way
that was contrary to God!.(.although he thought he was, oh so right),..But he turned and asked,/ started seeking the kingdom of God,asking the king,who is Jesus,'what would Thou have for me to DO ? ' ' ...seek ye the kingdom of God, and His righteousness....My sheep hear my Voice, and they follow Me.
' For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons / children of God '. .
* Isn't that true repentance ?..a turning ?
* What is the opposite ?

Now then:

Jesus received of the Father,..He did only what His Father wanted Him to say / DO...The Father was DOING the WORKS .
He said it is the Father that DOES the WORKS .
He wants to DO the WORKS in us,,...( not. By looking upon the law WRITTEN-OUT) ,but by His Spirit,...hearing /following...He does still
command us,...by His Spirit.

That is the faith that Abraham had,...he would hear from God,..believe / know it was God speaking to him, and obey.
Jesus received of the Father,..His Father,and did only His Father' will.

I better stop for now,
elizabeth

2012/3/20 22:20Profile

Re: True Repentance

jimp said:

Quote:
if Noah never built an ark... we would not have ever heard of either of them for faith is hearing the word from God to you personally and believing it and obeying it.

I agree! By faith Noah built the ark. Faith is immediately followed by action, (WORK) if Noah reasoned the way we do today, that ark wouldn't have been built. Because his faith alone would have been enough to get by. But that's not the case is it? By faith, Noah WORKED 130 years to build that ark and there's no telling how much ridicule he had to endure.

2012/3/20 23:01
jimp

Re:

ephah, faith includes the action... if there is no action there is no faith.

2012/3/20 23:16Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

The Ephah, wrote;

"""Lets face it, the letters of Paul as it's translated in our english bible heavily contradicts the teachings of the Savior. How so? Can someone explain why."""

Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, (Col 1)
Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

The Savior was born of a woman under the Law. He had to meet the repuirements of the Law to fulfill the requirements of being the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world by keeping the Law perfect and being the spotless Lamb, which no other man could do. Thus bringing Grace by faith to the salvation table. The fulfillment of the Law in us.

Paul showed the fulfillment of the law was in the completion by Christ, that in the fulness of time we who are born again are in the despensation of Grace.

Colossians 1:25-29 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Ac 4:33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
Ac 11:23 Who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord.
Ac 13:43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
Ac 14:3 Long time therefore abode they speaking boldly in the Lord, which gave testimony unto the word of his grace, and granted signs and wonders to be done by their hands.

Have you heard of the dispensation of Grace:

Galatians 1:15-16 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Ga 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Ga 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Without grace there is only law. There is no salvation in the Law, no life, none. With grace there is faith unto salvation, for grace and truth and faith came by Jesus Christ.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

You cannot mix Law and Grace, if we live by the law. we die in it, if our new life is by Grace we live by Jesus Christ unto God our Father.

Pauls Gospel is not a contradiction to the Saviors teachings, but the fulfillment of The Work of the Cross. Which brings forth Christ born again in the believer and now He is our new life under Grace through Faith which is not of ourselves but of Him the is our new life in us.

The in Christ message is in the new testament just as much as The Grace message by Faith is in the new testament. Count them.

In Christ: Phillip

2012/3/22 13:14Profile
learjet

Re:

Quote:
But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! But do you want to know, O FOOLISH MAN, THAT FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD?

What then shall we do with this verse? is it completely useless? if the disciples were preaching the same theme as the Messiah, which they were; same theme the prophets of old preached was Repentance.

No, this verse in fact is not useless, your interpretation of it is. This is evidenced by your incessant Judaizing and leading new believers here into bondage by trying to teach them to follow the law.

Your insinuation that now that we're saved you should get busy with following the law is not thinly veiled to me. You are rebuilding what Paul said he destroyed.

Quote:
“We who are Jews by birth and not sinful Gentiles know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.

“But if, in seeking to be justified in Christ, we Jews find ourselves also among the sinners, doesn’t that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not! If I rebuild what I destroyed, then I really would be a lawbreaker.

“For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!” -Galatians 2:15-21

If this forum was built on any other software platform I would have silenced you on purpose and told everyone that I know to silence you as well.

I don't understand the moderators position in this respect, every thread that you comment on has a little bit of following the law and pushing your agenda in it. I've heard the reasoning 'well you can't silence someone in person', yes in fact I can, I would not hesitate to silence you in person. Furthermore, this forum is filled with brand new believers that honestly don't know any better than listen to your dragging them back to the law.

Are we getting to the point where we are more sensitive to the Judaizer than the new believers that he is causing to stumble? God forbid.

2012/3/22 16:05Profile

Re: True Repentance

Christinyou- thanks for taking the time to reply, excellent points well taken.

In the very last chapter of the bible where the Messiah is sitting on the throne in heaven, he gives us his revelation through John. He makes his final pitch to mankind saying:

BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS Rev 22-14
that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

This is the last chapter of the bible, after all is said and done, this is what it boils down to; or the Savior wouldn't have said it.

Are you going to disregard this verse also? How do you explain this? Is it false? Is the Messiah lying? Please help me understand it.

2012/3/22 22:22

Re:

Quote:
If this forum was built on any other software platform I would have silenced you on purpose and told everyone that I know to silence you as well...I would not hesitate to silence you in person.

dear learjet, I feel blessed that you are making a public display of persecuting me. I forgive you. Now, you should do your part and repent.

2012/3/22 22:36
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The Ephah wrote:
Quote; """Are you going to disregard this verse also? How do you explain this? Is it false? Is the Messiah lying? Please help me understand it."""

God forbid I should boast in my works, but I do boast of His works by His mighty power that His life in me gives me great boldness to approach the Throne of Grace and crawl up on my Daddies lap and put my head on His shoulder and with tears streaming down my face thank Him for what He has done to get me, a nothing, and this nothing is now a son of my Father and by the Love of Christ in me, I can now say Father I love you, and not be a hipocrit, that love is still growing up into the Love of Christ that is in me and some day My Father can accept my love and it be in the perfect image of Christ, and Father will say, "well done my good and faithful servant. This is my labor and striving to keep His commandment so I can say I love you and fully know what it means and fill my spirit with Joy and rest.

Joh 16:24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
Joh 16:26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

Keep asking, that the love I give to our Father will be in the exact conformity and image of the Love the Son has for the Father and the Love the Father has for Him and us.

Who kept His commandments in the old testament. If keeping His commandments were possible without the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Christ in us, why must we be born again, why the Cross? It is not my works, even of repentance, it is His works in me that bring forth Keeping His Commandments and then I am truly blessed even in repentance and agreeing with God that His commandment are sweet and a great blessing to my soul. Becoming perfect in Christ; presented to the Father by the Son.

Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

This is how I keep His commandments, by His working, which worketh in me mightily. This is how keeping His commandments and the laboring and striving makes Revelations so perfect in what He says, "If you keep my commandments", how, by His working in me and my lobor and striving to obey.

In Christ: Phillip

2012/3/23 1:53Profile

Re:

Thank you brother Philip, I am very pleased at how patient you've been, your responses shows maturity and depth; very kind and thoughtful. You are sincere.

May the peace of Yahweh be with and may Yahweh continue to bless your understanding.

Simon Kepha

2012/3/23 10:03
a-servant

Re:

Revelation 22:14  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

When I was in my 20's or 30's I also kind of ignored this verse, but later on I saw the connection to the epistle of John. It's really the last word on that matter, because when you truly mediate on the subject long enough (even years) you might realize that in the end the ones that do not do his commandments did not receive the grace to do so, and they do not practice or not have any real faith to do so. Sorry to be so blunt, but this is one of the 'finality verses' in connection with 1 John to determine if the light in a person is true light or actually darkness, that just has the appearance of light. We know that in the final (current) apostacy the followers of 'the god of this world' will persecute the true saints that are characterized by Jesus as 'the blessed that do his commandments'.

What reminds me of another forum I was a member of a few years ago. After a great start, at one time they suddenly changed their terms & conditions on signup to include the rule of "no more commandment keeping" is allowed to be discussed or promoted. Well I thought, this marks usually the start of going fullblown apostate or "out of business" in a short matter of time. And I also thought if Jesus still loves and cares for that forum owner He will let him know what He thinks of that. The last I heard was a few months back this man's animals ranch burned down, and now he just closed down his forum. I do hope he will find Jesus' heart and also His will.The blessings will follow. I don't understand why people don't believe that they that do his commandments are called Blessed, it's really as simple as that, because nobody can do it without Jesus. That's his grace in action manifested. And that's proof that someone is in subjection to God, or on the other hand is not in subjection and is still his own king of the castle that makes up their own guidelines and reality.

If someone accuses you of "commandment keeping" don't worry about it, just say thank you, because God calls you 'blessed' and only that matters, today and in hundred years from today...

Psalms 37:22  For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.

2012/3/24 0:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy