SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : True Repentance

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Sree

Re:

Quote:
sree, a groom loves a bride that gives her entire life to him to honor him. it is not about sin, it is about who are you serving...who are you dedicated to.who is your LOrd? is it yourself or Jesus?

Who a person is serving is based on whether there is Sin in his life or not. According to the words of Jesus,

John 8:34 :- Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin.

Jesus also said that a slave cannot serve 2 masters. So how is that a man with un-confessed and un-repented sin can serve God when he is already a slave to sin? He cannot, he is deceiving him self. God is not deceived.

It is regarding these people that Jesus talked about in Matthew 7-22, where he said "DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS". They were thinking that they are serving God by their actions but Jesus said I do not know you. I am sure these people did some service otherwise no one can say a lie to Jesus on that day or mock at him.

Am not here to teach nor to correct anyone who is believing in unscriptural doctrines, but spreading such unscriptural stuff and there by causing little ones to stumble is a greater sin.

2012/3/18 6:35Profile

The Secret Of True Repentance

Please Check this out.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=42547&forum=36&2

2012/3/18 6:56
jimp

Re: The Secret Of True Repentance

hi, over 50 years ago i asked my father what love was and he told me it was being able to clean urine and defication off of someone for years with joy and not regreting a moment. when you are not sinning the emphases is on you but when you serve the emphases is on He Whom you serve. these are not my sheep because I was hungry and they fed me not....and not of your self so that you can boast...your best is like filthy rags...jimp

2012/3/18 8:23Profile
passerby

Re:

I rather actually repent than know profoundly the definition of repentance thereof.

When I was converted I am almost completely theologically ignorant except that I heard and realize John 3:16, and if my memory serves me right, Romans 3:26.

My concept of sin was so rudimentary then, but early on I have this sense of drifting towards holiness, christian perfection, of dying to the world and to myself, on to serving God and loving my neighbors. The direction of my life is just so different from my former thoughts and aspirations.

I guess it really started when I trusted Jesus for my life.

No, I am not going to promote easy-believism, my point is, as 'Brothagary' implied, true repentance that goes on with our salvation, is a work of God. Without Him we are, but just chasing the wind.

Nor_ that I am going to promote antinomianism. The scripture says God will put the law into our mind and write it on hearts (Jer 31:33). I guess they are the same law that He gave to Abraham, to Moses, to David, and to His Apostles, but now, their is much enlightenment, much grace, empowerment, and charity.

Christians are not meant to live wantonly, "Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity" (2 Tim 2:19).

2012/3/18 10:05Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

What is the only sin needed to be repented of for salvation.

Unbelief.

The rest comes from Holy Spirit conviction and the Spirit of Christ in us through sanctification.

John 16:7-15 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

In Christ: Phillip

2012/3/19 21:11Profile
jimp

Re:

dear philip, wonderful post... i have known many a person who were hooked on this that or theother and got off of (repented from )their sin and habits through shear will power or step programs. unless they turn their lives over to Christ they remain lost as kooter brown. you must believe on Jesus and into Jesus and yield your life to Him.He already conquered sin for you at the cross.you emphases on sin amazes me. He is the way... He is the door ...He is the life... it is the turning your life aver to Him that you gain access to His kingdom. He is the narrow gate and life in Him is the only path that leads to His rewards.jimp my message to philip ended with post.

2012/3/19 21:31Profile

Re: The Secret Of True Repentance

The statement, "All our righteousness is like filthy rags" has been wrongly taken out of context by many.

The first chapter of Isaiah clarifies the reason for rejecting as filthy rags the righteousness of the people in Judah and Jerusalem. Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken Yahweh, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward. Isaiah 1:4

They are likened to Sodom and Gomorrah (Isa 1:10-11). Yet they offered many sacrifices and prayers (How the faithful city has become a harlot, she who was full of justice! Righteousness once lodged in her" (Isa 1:21)

Whilst they continued to worship, they also continued to do much evil. Yahweh repudiated their false righteousness as filthy rags —or as he puts it in another metaphor here, "Your silver has become dross" (Isa 1:22).

We must understand that hypocrites who pretend to worship Yahweh while deliberately practicing evil, thinking they can fool him, are the ones whose righteousness is like filthy rags. Their righteousness is soiled by their own unrepented sins.

Hence, when Isaiah says, "All our righteousness is like filthy rags" he is speaking on behalf of the nation, an apostate people in decline —not on behalf of those who who turn to the Creator for salvation and seek to follow his righteousness (Isa 45:22-25, Isa 55:6-12).

In conclusion, If I'm a habitual womanizer trying to quit my addiction, and turn to practicing righteousness; but I'm confronted with this message --that my efforts are like "filthy rags" why should I quit my sinful habit? after all my efforts are like filthy rags before Yahweh.

2012/3/19 22:51
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

"""dear philip, wonderful post... i have known many a person who were hooked on this that or theother and got off of (repented from )their sin and habits through shear will power or step programs. unless they turn their lives over to Christ they remain lost as kooter brown. you must believe on Jesus and into Jesus and yield your life to Him.He already conquered sin for you at the cross.you emphases on sin amazes me. He is the way... He is the door ...He is the life... it is the turning your life aver to Him that you gain access to His kingdom. He is the narrow gate and life in Him is the only path that leads to His rewards.jimp my message to philip ended with post."""

Is this not what true sanctification is all about, The Christ in us coming forth through us as us?

Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Througt Him, by Him, in Him and Him in us is the only thing that changes dirty rags to white robes of righteousness, me being sanctified through His righteousness in me. That is my labour, striving according to His working, which worketh in me mightily.

In Christ: Phillip

2012/3/20 0:47Profile
wijnand

Re: True Repentance

Repentance is to turn from you're sin. If there is an hatred in you're heart, you desire to be free, then turn you're back to them and run from them (= Repentance) and look to Christ (= Faith).

If you don't have a desire to be free from sin, then go to Christ for a new heart, for a change.

Seek His face until you have found Him! Give you're live to Him in surrender.

2012/3/20 3:50Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, when one gives his life over to Jesus and away from self rule,he then automatically is turning away from sin and the source of sin. in 25 years of hearing confessions, an ex priest said that noone ever confessed to covetting. this is the beginning of all sin and it is egoscentric.th man in the mirror is your enemy and your problem and needs to placed in Jesus as a yielded sacrifice to be saved. john 3:16 says that whosoever believes into(eis greek)Him shall have eternal zoe life.jimp

2012/3/20 4:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy