SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The vileness of the saint

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
PosterThread
pilgrim777

Re:

That is very good Frank!

Act 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

We are converted from “sinner” to “saint,” as the living Lord Jesus becomes our life, and we become man as God intended man to be.

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Phil. 4:13)

May we cease to be preoccupied with death and focus on the LIFE that is ours in Jesus Christ.

Pilgrim

2012/3/28 23:44Profile

Re:

Quote:
I certainly see myself vile in respect to ME. Christ is not vile, Christ in me is not vile. But, I, me, my am always vile. What credit can I take for anything? 

So, what's the big problem here? Doesn't everyone believe this about THEMSELVES?

Actually Pilgrim as you can see by the thread very few people actually see themselves this way. 

Since he keeps popping his head in to a thread meant for those who see themselves as vile let's take Frank as an example. He gives himself a user name of 'Appolus', who in the scriptures was called 'mighty in the scruptures'. So Frank, rather than taking his place at the back of the wedding, barges down in front to take a seat next to Appolus with a presumptuous self-commendation. In doing this he denies the scriptures that that tell us not to commend ourselves but leave that to others, and therefore forfeits his title.

There are other good examples as well, but from the war going on so far you should get the idea that this is not a popular subject, it hits to close to the heart for most people. In days of old this was preached from most pulpits, today people only want to hear good things about their religious ways. The end-times apostasy that began over a century ago is now almost entirely worked through professing christendom, it's deep, very deep....these kind of subjects bring that out.

OJ

2012/3/29 0:04
pilgrim777

Re:

I don't know Joe. Your remarks concerning Appolus and others sound like a severe and unrighteous judgment to me. Something just doesn't "feel" right in the Spirit to me about all of this.

How do you reconcile Paul's seemingly contradictory statements?

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief ." I Tim. 1:15.

I suppose if you just take this verse from Paul you will never get beyond being a sinner. But Paul commended himself, too.

Paul says this:

2 Cor 11:5 For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.

And here, though he is the least of all saints, he still describes himself as a saint.

Eph 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Here Paul is saying that he is a "holy Apostle". This does not sound like "chief of sinners".

Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Paul told the Thessalonian church, "Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe." I Thes. 2:10. I notice that he did not add "chief of sinners" here. I wonder how the Thessalonians would have reacted.

Here, the "Chief of Sinners" is talking about being perfect. "Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded." Phil. 3:15

And, how could Paul have the audacity to say that a crown of righteousness is laid up for him?
"For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith; henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day; end not to me only, but unto them also that love His appearing." 2 Tim. 4:6-8.

It's all about context, Joe and I don't witness to what you are doing to your brethren. It is also about knowing someone's heart. Do we have that knowledge?

Kindly,
Pilgrim

2012/3/29 0:23Profile
brothagary

Re:

i agree with what you said pilgrim about our self being vile ,but christ being perfect and he lives in us by his perfect spirit ,,,,,it is all about contex defenitly ,,supurgen and weasly knew that ,,,,,im not advocating sin at all ,i believe in real repentance from sin ,,,,but tht was not the point i was empemisising ,,,,,,,\

vile might have a wide definition it still doesnt justafie defining away the meaning in the contex spoken

what god created was good till sin entered into the world and death through sin ,,and couruption permeated all things ,,,,,,,,can we call coruption in the world good ,,,,,i think not ,,, till we recieve our glorius bodies in the resarection of the just,,,,we are still in bodies of coruption ,,,,
the whole of creation grone in courption waiting for the revalation of the son of god ,, the death and destuctions and plages are not good but a vile reaction to sin

i see you and frank as presious brothers in christ coverd in the blood i dont see things like joe ,,,,so please dont put me in the same boat

the blood clenses us of all wages of coruption , tho we will remain in thses vile bodies till he comes or we sleap ,,brother im saying that in the contex that paul was speaking in , i believe

what do you think he meant when he said our bodies are vile

blessings and love

2012/3/29 3:24Profile
brothagary

Re:

hi jesus is god ,i also believe in obedience to him and his word which is law toward christ

i seen joes conversation ,,he said i was worst then hitler once ,,,,i dont say what i said in the contex of how joe sees him self and others with that spirit,,,,no i see that as a problem too and dont stand in the same cort as he ,,,,,,more so with those of old and of new ,,weasly spurgen, whitfield ,edwards ,brainhard,, washer and even ravenhill

sis i believe in ,,,im not sure if im using the right word ,,,, inigma ,,,,,, where both are true the saint is vile still ,,but holy set apart new creations

god is sovern ,and works all things according to the councel of his will ,,yet man has a will to choose accoring to the councel of his own partial free will

god can cause a nation to invaid and destory another nation through his souvern judment ,,,yet at the same time a nation chooses to over take and destory that nation

some one can do us evil ,yet god can mean it for good ,as said joseph

i see two sides to the coin yet one coin

so to see my self as vile ,and chief of sinneres,not worthy to be called a saint ,and at the same time holy ,new creation transformed ,bornagain ,indwelt by the holy spirit ,,,,repentent ,and faithfull ,,clensend washed in the blood of god ,,and righteous, gentile , loving ,gifted , hating sin ,,,is nomale to me

and is a balanced way to see my self ,,not to mention see other as better then i

for me this i see is bibilical truth

it was when i was a wretherd abomniable sinner in gods eyes ,,,i saw my self as a good person in my own self ..and that is an abomination ,,,,,,,,,now is is all grace ,every good gift comes down from the father of lights with whom there is no varation in turning ,,befor iwas alll flesh and evil to the core of my being every thing i did was utter filthy rags ,,but now im a new creation,,old things have passed away ,behold all things are new especialy that way i see my self ,,i praise god for this revalation of his holiness ,which showed me my wretcherdness and unholyness

2012/3/29 5:01Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Amen, Brother Gary,

I am not putting you in any "boat". I appreciate your writings and your heart for the Lord.

Pilgrim

2012/3/29 7:47Profile
brothagary

Re:

and i truly enjoy reading you powerfull writings too pilgrim ,,god bless us all with unity of the spirit in the bond of peace

2012/3/29 7:56Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Amen, bro. We don't always say the correct words or even interpret one another correctly all the time, do we? Love believes all things so we should always be generous in spirit when talking to each other through this limited medium of non-verbal communication. The Lord knows,,, your prayer is my prayer, too. We are all learning. I know I am. I am constantly being challenged to keep a teachable and humble spirit. I have failed in this from time to time and I appreciate those who forgive and don't hold anything against me. It keeps the lines of communication open so that we can continue to learn together.

Pilgrim

2012/3/29 8:23Profile
brothagary

Re:

AMEN

2012/3/29 9:03Profile

Re:

I think good things can come out of attacks and the last few posts prove that. Gary, you are a precious brother in Christ as is Pilgirm and many of the saints on this site, and I boldly call them saints and children of the Living God. You guys are priests in a royal priesthood. We dont always get it right and none of us has a perfect theology but whether its Jig or Gary or Pilgirm or Diane or Steve or Greg or Alan or Mike or Paul, so many others, they are all precious in His sight. Every true saint knows in their hearts how far they are from being like Christ, but they strive towards that high calling. They know that they would be nothing without their Lord, but they also know that they are redeemed by the blood of the lamb and that is something to rejoice in, praise the Lord. The joy of the Lord is our strength, let us rejoice in our salvation today and may the love of God fill the heart of Joe today.........bno Frank

2012/3/29 10:07

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy