SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The vileness of the saint

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

"We are COUNTED AS righteous because of FAITH IN Christ,"

Note the additions, they satisfy Romans 3:10 which clearly states "there is none righteous, no not one" not even Philip in his newborn state. But according to Romans 4 Philip is allowed to be COUNTED AS RIGHTEOUS for faith's sake.

"Christ can never be the minister of sin."

But you and I sure can be, in spite of the work of Christ. That is what is vile about us.

What is merciful and gracious about Christ is that He will receive us anyway.

OJ

2012/4/13 0:26
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Not to stir any strife with this thread but the Holiest man that ever walked the earth can be reliably quoted as saying:

“Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone." -Jesus

This is not to say Christ is denying His Godship by pointing to the fact that not one of us is good. Only God.

2012/4/13 1:14Profile

Re:

Who's calling 'themselves' good, Mathew?
Incredible!

2012/4/13 1:22

Re:

OJ - this is the quote from the link you just posted...

Quote:
The Spirit
He pointed out that the Spirit is the application of the Triune God. The Spirit reaches those who have believed into and received God the Son. The Spirit applies to them God the Father who is in God the Son. He is the Spirit of life and the reality of life; He is also the life-giving Spirit, dispensing life to those who believe into the Son. As such, He is the regenerating Spirit who regenerates the believers with the life of God the Father in God the Son, making them the children of God. He then becomes the indwelling Spirit within them as the reality of all things. He is the renewing Spirit who renews the man of the old creation into God's new creation with God's eternally new and never-aging life. He is also the sanctifying Spirit who separates and sanctifies the believers with God's sanctifying nature. He is the transforming Spirit who transforms them with the life element of Christ into His image. He is the firstfruits, the foretaste, of God as the eternal portion of those who have believed into the Son. He is the Spirit of power poured out on the believers of the Son as the authority for their work. He is the reality of the Triune God, the reality of Christ, the reality of all the truths, and the reality of the resurrection of Christ. Only by receiving Him will a man possess the Triune God, the truths, Christ, and the resurrection of Christ.

I don't know if you understand that The Three Are ONE GOD but it doesn't appear that you do understand that.

Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one. [Does that leave out The Spirit of GOD or The Spirit of Christ Jesus?

Joh 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him,
and WE will come unto him, and make OUR ABODE with him.

Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth **the Spirit of his Son** into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Eph 3:17 **That Christ may dwell in your hearts** by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

The OT Prophets -- 1Pe 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time **the Spirit of Christ which was in them** did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the **Spirit of God** dwell in you. Now if any man have not the **Spirit of Christ**, he is none of his.

Rom 8:10 And **if Christ be in you**, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Php 1:19 For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the **Spirit of Jesus Christ**

Eph 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by **His Spirit** in the inner man

1Jn 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of **His Spirit**

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by **the Spirit of God**, they are the sons of God.

1Cor 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but **the Spirit of God.**

**1Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of **the Spirit of God:** for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.**

2012/4/13 1:32
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

This was posted to reinforce Old Joe's point Not one is righteous.

2012/4/13 1:32Profile

Re:

That verse, is one that we use in "The Romans Road" pertaining to the UnSaved - Not the Saved.

Joe uses other verses that are directed to the unsaved to the saved as well.

2012/4/13 1:42

Re:

I see you are defending his aberrant view of Christ JIG, not surprising though. However we are trying to stick to the subject of this thread which is the vileness of the saint in his own eyes. You attempt to dominate nearly every thread on the forum, but this one isn't for you, it is for those who see themselves as vile, because they have met with God, have seen His glory and are left with nothing of themselves to brag about.

OJ

2012/4/13 2:09

Re:

Quote:
Not to stir any strife with this thread but the Holiest man that ever walked the earth can be reliably quoted as saying:

“Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone." -Jesus

This is not to say Christ is denying His Godship by pointing to the fact that not one of us is good. Only God.

PRECISELY!!!!

NONE are good, NONE are righteous, only some have faith that is COUNTED for righteousness!!!

OJ

2012/4/13 2:20

Re:

Those Scripture verses have everything to do with how we should "see ourselves 'in' Christ" - so not off topic!

Lie #2 - There are few threads that I get involved in - if you look down the index pages of any section.

WE do not "own" threads, regardless if we've started them or not.

If you only truly knew what you have said and are saying about some of us here. Sad for you, truly, but thanking GOD there's no longer the PM service for you to do what you've done with it in the past. It's all out in the open now and the vulnerable are safer. This is not a tit-for-tat Lee, this is reality time.

Ann

P.S. - if you're going to quote Rom 3:10 - could you please read the whole chpt before you use it wrongfully again. It's HIS Word.

2012/4/13 2:37

Re: About Watchman Nee

The page that you posted is by Witness Lee who is writing what Nee believed from Lee's own perspective. The wording of it, now that I've read the whole of it, does not sound like anything I've read of him, as far as what you posted.

I'll quote a Brother from SI here -

Quote:
Most of Nee's books aren't really "books" in the formal sense of the term. I think he only actually wrote one or two books. Most of the "books" written in his name are just transcribed sermons or a random assortment of short essays that he wrote that others have transcribed and compiled.

I've also posted here in the past, that there are things that Nee believed, mainly his eschatology and a few minor points that I haven't agreed with and I believe we could probably say the same about most of the Classic authors as well.

But Nee was great with teaching the crucified life -- Not walking after our own human abilities [flesh] but how to become dependent on His Spirit. He truly understood the concept of Gal 2:20.

---

Brother Philip, I appreciated that you ended your post with this verse - 1 Corinthians 1:29-31 That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Thank you!

2012/4/13 3:39

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy