SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The vileness of the saint

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Repeated since not addressed:

"For I delight in the law of God after the inward man"

Anyone ever see a lost man delight in the law of God after the inward man?

I doubt it, so why do you think Paul was speaking of himself as lost when he said it?

OJ

2012/4/5 0:28

Re:

Quote:
When I yield myself to God or Satan, I partake of their nature, I am abiding in one or the other.

That is not what 1 Cor 10:21 teaches, neither Matt 6:24, neither John 15:6.

OJ

2012/4/5 0:54
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

Do we know him, do we keep his commandments, this how we know if we are in him..

Whats does he mean commandments well just take the main two...

Do you love God with all you heart?
Do you Love your neighbour as you love yourself?

Is not love the fulfilling of the law.

Are we in Him or are we deluding ourselves...

2012/4/5 5:56Profile

Re:

Well Colin, do you keep His commandments? IE are you now sinless?

Delighting in the law of God after the inward man with the recognition that these commandments reveal your sin, they do not justify you, IS the keeping of the commandments. Any who sees a commandment and says to himself, "Yup, I have got that one covered", like the rich young ruler, reveals his ignorance of the depth of the commandment.

OJ

2012/4/5 8:29
pilgrim777

Re:

Quote:
That is not what 1 Cor 10:21 teaches, neither Matt 6:24, neither John 15:6.

1 Cor 3:16 agrees with John 15:6. How do you defile the temple of God, Joe.

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Pilgrim

2012/4/5 8:56Profile

Re:

The carnal man can delight in that law which he believes justifies him, but only a saved man such as Paul can delight in that law which he knows condemns him.

OJ

2012/4/5 8:58

Re:

Pilgrim

There is no biblical example of a believer abiding in Satan, as you suggest.

HOWEVER, even if such an example of a believer abiding in Satan could be invented, would that not prove the vileness of such a critter that has the opportunity to abide in Christ and yet chooses to abide in Satan?

OJ

2012/4/5 9:27

Re:

Quote:
How do you defile the temple of God, Joe.

By sin.

OJ

2012/4/5 9:29
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Joe

Did you read my short testimony I posted earlier...

Gal 4:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

The point of the my post was not to condemn anyone as I will be the first to say "I am carnal"

I don't love God with all my heart and I don't love my neighbour as I love my self.

The Love of God is ever beyond the reach of self, but when the heart and mind are emptied of self then the selfless Love, the supreme Love, the Love that is of God becomes an inward and abiding reality.

And this inward realization of Holy Love is none other than the Love of Christ that is so much talked about and so little comprehended. The Love that not only saves the soul from sin, but also lifts it above the power of temptation.

Smith Wigglesworth said "I believe God's ministers are to be flames of fire. Nothing less than flames. Nothing less than mighty instruments, with burning messages, with HEARTS FULL OF LOVE. They must have a DEPTH OF CONSECRATION, that God has taken FULL charge of the body, and it exists only that it may manifest the Glory of God. A Baptism into death in which the person is purified and energised.

That's where I want to go in my walk with God...

2012/4/5 9:49Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Quote:
By sin

That is true, brother Joe.

And what does this verse tell you?

1 John 3:8
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Pilgrim

2012/4/5 10:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy