SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The vileness of the saint

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
All of his writings put sin behind him

Are you telling us that after Paul was saved he was sinless?

OJ

2012/4/4 8:19
pilgrim777

Re:

Quote:
Who do you lay the responsibility for your present sin on? God, Satan or yourself? If you lay it on the first two, your shirk your responsibility for it. If you lay it properly on the third, you find your answer.

God does not yield for me. Satan does not yield for me.

I yield myself either to righteousness (GOD) or unrighteousness (Satan).

Rom 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

When I yield myself to God or Satan, I partake of their nature, I am abiding in one or the other.

Pilgrim

2012/4/4 8:32Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Brother Pilgrim does that mean you are both Righteous and Unrighteous? Meaning at times you yield to God and other times you yield to Satan? Wouldn't this form of system require perfect yielding to God to be righteous?

1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us."

2012/4/4 8:46Profile

Re:

Quote:

Paul never put onto 'us', what he didn't live up to himself.

It would be good, not only for you but for those that you try to 'teach', if you could get away from merely quoting one verse and get into the whole of all that Paul had written. The whole counsel of GOD that he delivered onto the Saints.
I see that is what causes the most tension between your attempts to conveying your message to us - is that you either depend on partial quotes of authors or partial quotes of His Word.
In this particular case - you're making more of a case 'for' sin and thus misrepresenting Paul the Apostle and the words that he wrote under Divine inspiration.

2Pe 3:14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

2Pe 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

2Pe 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

2Pe 3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

2Pe 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

2012/4/4 9:01
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:
"It took me a long time to learn this lesson and now I'm no better than hitler, Stalin, or any other individual."

I take issue with this statement. To compare oneself with Hitler or Stalin in deeds is, well, not Biblical, is it? But to be lost is being lost. Anyone not a child of the LORD is lost, just plain lost.

Remember when Jesus referred to the a person who he described as not being far from the kingdom of heaven? (Mark 12:34) He never used this phrase to describe the Scribes and Pharisees...

Still, the LORD can redeem vile men - consider Judah's king Manasseh...but there was a sore reaping for his sins. God did not cancel the consequences of it. So it still is today,
"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. Gal.6:7,8

OK, I will bow out of this doctrinal discussion.

ginnyrose

2012/4/4 9:13Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Mguldner,

Jesus is implying that the Pharisees are partaking of their father's (Satan) nature. That is why He uses the term "father".

John 8:38
I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.

Also, you stopped one verse short in I John.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

and

1 John 2:1
1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Pilgrim

2012/4/4 9:31Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Study this word; "quickened", then apply it to Eph 2, and understand where we stand with God our Father and The Word made flesh and by His Spirit, life now living in us by the Spirit of Christ birthed in us because God our Father gave rebirth by the incorruptable Seed Jesus Christ rebirthed in us. Jesus Christ is not vile, to make what God has declared Holy vile, makes me stand before God and declare, You are wrong God, I am still vile no matter what you do.

The Born again incorruptable Seed of the Father, Jesus Christ that is in me by His Spirit, is not vile.

Psalms 119:50 This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.

Psalms 119:93 I will never forget thy precepts: for with them thou hast quickened me.

1 Corinthians 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Ephesians 2:1-22 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

I was vile, and without Christ in me would still be vile, but God has declared and made me righteous in His Sight, by making Jesus Christ my righteousness, PLUS!!!!!

1 Corinthians 1:29-31 That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Like Paul, who will, who has, set me free from this vile person? Romans 8:9-11 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

This vile body has been quickened to contain the Spirit of Christ by whom God has made us righteous by His Son that is Born again in us.

Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Even I cannot separate from the Law of God in Christ Jesus who now is My Spirit and the Holy Spirit who teaches me in my soul, to be unbirthed is to make God an abortionest, which He is Clearly Not, which make me a quickened one, a son forever in Christ Jesus my Lord and Savior by The God Seed which is not vile but Holy and Completely Perfect in me.

God has declared me righteous, not by what I do but by who I Am=now I can show you my faith by my works.

In Christ: Phillip

2012/4/4 15:03Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

1 Corinthians 13:1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

Bong Bong

2012/4/4 19:39Profile

Re:

I am filth!

2012/4/4 21:22

Re:

Quote:
OJ writes:

JIG replies
Paul never put onto 'us', what he didn't live up to himself.

I ask again, are you telling us that after Paul was saved he was sinless? Yes or no answer please.

OJ

2012/4/5 0:24

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy