· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The vileness of the saint

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I am a dog!

2012/4/2 12:19

Re:

Quote:

I am a dog!

Waiting to see who will or can be next to surpass this one.

This thread has to out-do any Easter Parades I've ever seen.

2012/4/2 14:03

Re:

[quoteI am a dog!

I am a beloved dog, very thankful for grace to dogs!

OJ

2012/4/2 16:52

Re:

...as a dog returns to it's vomit ....

Rev 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

If we keep stepping out of what the New Testament says about us and not quoting Only from what Christ has made of us - I don't see how we'll make it unto the end.

Learn to rightly divide The Word and live!

2012/4/2 16:57

Re:

Ah,those who are ONLY dogs may be on the outside, but the beloved dogs are on the inside!!

"There is NONE righteous, no not one!" Not David, not Abraham, not Old Joe, no not even JIG.

OJ

2012/4/2 18:05
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

"""We cannot be both righteous and unrighteous at the same time. The two are mutually exclusive."""

Amen; that is why anything I do outside of Christ and in my own flesh, nothing I do is righteous. Walk in the Spirit and your walk with God will be righteous. This is by faith also.

That is also, "The life I now live, I live by the faith of the son of God". I live for God by the life of Christ in me.

Again and Again, the center piece of the crucified life.

Galatians 2:16-20 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Don't build the Law again, it only leads to death, be justified by the Christ in us. He is our only justification and righteousness.

1 Corinthians 1:29-31 That no flesh should glory in his presence. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

In Christ: He is my glory; Phillip

2012/4/2 19:26Profile
bearmaster

Re: Sons and Daughters of God

John 1:12
Yet to all who recieved him, he gave the right to become children of God.

2 Corithians 6:18
I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters says the Lord almighty.

Romans 8:16
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

The above verses say we are God's children. Nowhere is there language saying we are vile. Those of you who have children? A question? Do you love them? Do you address them as my little darling reprobate? My little vile sinner? My little depraved dog?

I hardly think so. I doubt that God addresses his sons and daughters the same way.

2012/4/2 19:56Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Amen; that is why anything I do outside of Christ and in my own flesh, nothing I do is righteous. Walk in the Spirit and your walk with God will be righteous. This is by faith also.

Phillip: Amen. NOTHING I do in my flesh counts for righteousness. When we finally stand before the Lord and lay our crowns at His feet, it will only be those things that were of His Spirit that we did through faith that we will possess to lay there. All that is of our own flesh will burn up. Oh, I want so much to have nothing of myself and everything of Him. I remember it being said of Smith Wigglesworth. He said that God spoke to him and said, Smith, I don't have all of you yet. Smith replied, burn me up Lord until nothing of me remains and all that is left is You. (misquoted I am sure but the thought is maintained.)

If I thought for a moment that I have ANY righteousness OUTSIDE of Him I am most terribly deceived. But if I think that I have anything IN HIM that is not righteousness, equally so.

2012/4/2 20:53Profile

Re:

Quote:
The wretchedness that Paul describes in Romans 7 is not that of a born again man with two competing natures. If we are dead to sin as he states in chapter 6 then how can we still have a sin nature?

In your understanding of being dead to sin, why do you still sin? Is this sin charged to Christ's nature or yours?

OJ

2012/4/2 21:58

Re:

"There is NONE righteous, no not one!" Not David, not Abraham, not Old Joe, no not even JIG, nor Philip nor Twayneb!

We may have a faith that COUNTS for righteousness as did Abraham and David and any other saved person, but since God through the Apostle Paul and his servant David excluded Peter, James, John and the rest of the apostles from BEING righteous, certainly none of us can claim to be righteous. .

OJ

2012/4/2 22:05

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy