by Podcast
· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Contact Us

Add SermonIndex Banner - Help share this ministry with others by adding a link to your site.

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The vileness of the saint

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )

Nice post, Mike. I'm certainly with you on your sentiments.

This bears repeating:

"When there is not agreement, there is a charitable spirit between us".

2012/4/1 8:57Profile

Joplin, Missouri

2012/4/1 10:33Profile

2012/4/1 12:31Profile

North Central Florida

twayneb, May I ask how you reconcile Romans 7:15-25 with what you posted?

Romans 7:
15 For that which I do I allow not:
for what I would, that do I not;
but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not,
I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it,
but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,)
dwelleth no good thing:
for to will is present with me;
but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not:
but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not,
it is no more I that do it,
but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that,
when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23 But I see another law in my members,
warring against the law of my mind, and
bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God;
but with the flesh the law of sin.

For myself, I know I am incapable of any good thing. However, the marvelous Spirit of my God Jesus Christ has come to dwell within me. I draw strength (by faith) and comfort from the Apostle Paul's statement, Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

This awareness of my inabilities is not natural to my nature. It fights the recollection of it at every occasion, seeking to lift up self. The evil one is so very tricky, be very careful. He is much smarter than we are. In my heart I can say, because I am vile, incapable of doing good. Any good done by this body is not of me. When I receive my new body and am with Jesus in the place He is preparing for us, then I will be righteous but not in this lifetime. That is what I see this thread trying to convey. We should exercise caution and not jump the gun on claiming righteousness or we can miss the boat.

Kind regards,

2012/4/1 12:53Profile

2012/4/1 13:03

2012/4/1 13:10

Mike Compton

2012/4/1 15:01Profile

2012/4/1 15:40

There is a song that I sing that is based on the Song of Solomon it was written by Sarah Edwards, but the chorus goes.

Though I'm poor You say I'm lovely
Though I'm dark You say I'm beautiful.

This song acknowledges the fact that yes we are undesirable but by HIS grace Christ desires us.

In the times of Solomon, to have dark complexion was an undesirable thing because it meant you have worked in the sun long hours. Pale complexion was a mark of wealth and beauty. The bride in the Song of Solomon exclaims I'm dark! but you still call me lovely and beautiful.

This was the Love and Grace of Solomon to look beyond his beloved's undesirable features. This is what Christ does with us, we are undesirable but by Grace we are desired.

Matthew Guldner

2012/4/1 20:17Profile

David's righteousness was the same as Abraham's and is the same as mine, not because of what I do, but only because of what I believe. And in the sake of all who believe, this believing is not a physical righteousness but is only COUNTED for righteousness. That is GRACE!!

Abraham yes, David no. David's righteousness and Abraham's righteousness were not the same. Abraham and ours is the same, but David is not.
David was under law and the law demanded that they practise it in order to be righteous. Their faith was wrapped up in what they did in the flesh, but our faith is wrapped up in Christ in what He did.
Because of Him because of His righteousness we have been made righteous by faith, but for David all those that died under law it was not so, faith was shut up between the time the law was given and when Christ came.
When the BRANCH came faith sprouted because life had returned. David sat under the shadow of death, and in order to maintain his righteousness he had to keep performing the law. Grace was meted out to certain individuals, it was not freely given like we have today. Their salvation was not by faith, it was by practising the law, there is no faith in law, no righteousness by faith. It stands alone by itself demanding that it be obeyed in order to be righteous. But thanks be to God that our Big Brother Jesus fulfilled it's requirements and has set us free from the act of having to obey it. Faith cometh now by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
This is not a new concept but an old thing renewed. Before the law, certain men heard the voice of God and believed and because of that they were made righteous by faith. After the law and before Christ if men wanted to be righteous they had to go through the requirements of what the law demanded.
Thank God for grace! Amen!

2012/4/1 20:43

©2002-2015 Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy