SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The vileness of the saint

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

" We are sure that what Job was forced to say, we may each of us assent unto, whether we be God's children or not; and if we be partakers of divine grace, it becomes a subject of great consideration for us, since even we, although we be regenerated, must exclaim, each one for himself, "Behold, I am vile."" C.H. Spurgeon

"Behold, I am vile!" Job 40:4

JOB did not always think so. While at a distance from God—he could boast, argue, and contend with God! But when brought into the presence of God's holiness—the contrast was so striking, that he sunk down in astonishment, clothed with shame, and filled with self-loathing!

The manifestation of God's glory to a sinner—always produces the same effect!

ISAIAH felt as Job did, and exclaimed, "Woe is me, for I am ruined! My eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty!" Isaiah 6:5

Pride and self-righteousness can never live in God's presence!

The nearer to God—
  the more we discover our depravity,
  the more we loathe ourselves, and
  the more precious does the person and work of Jesus become!

Proud people have never been brought into God's presence!

Only clear, correct and humbling views of SELF—will make Jesus precious to us!

It is only as we see our own vileness—that we shall value the Savior's righteousness!" --James Smith.

So Spurgeon, Owen, Wesley, Ironside, and Smith (note the doctrinal and denominational borders crossed) all preach the same thing in agreement. These were men who KNEW God, and whose ministry followed them. Others here preach something entirely different. This is of course the age of apostasy where this is expected, but the opposition to the old truth really is getting fierce.

OJ

2012/3/31 2:08

Re:

Quote:
These were men who KNEW God, and whose ministry followed them.

This indeed is true of them, 'Joe', but the only problem with this thread is that you also are known since you've been here, for your "ministry" here as well.
Had anyone else posted these very same quotes that you have, and those that began this thread - no one would have objected -- but it's the fact that you truly believe that about 99% of the members here are not your Brethren and you treat them with contempt.

The quotes are fine - but we know how viscously you turn on anyone that doesn't agree with you. Extreme viscousness.

Let's be truthful here - you are trying to gather a following and I can say from having emailed with you last year, that that is indeed what you are looking for. I've watched you and so have others and we can see when you're setting your web for yet the another victim.

Your behavior on this forum has been very "vile" and as I already said earlier - if you were the humble man that you profess to be - you could never be as cruel and obnoxious as you've been to so many Brothers and even Sisters.

If you were humble, you also wouldn't think that everyone here is so intellectually lacking that they can't see that you believe that this last post of yours will be read by someone that doesn't know your tactics and some other poor creature will come under your wing - because they don't know you as we unfortunately have come to.
I've seen this action only once before on the net - on another forum - where a man came on with his website to gather a following by quoting other Good men.

Quote:
Others here preach something entirely different.

The Quotes from the Authors that you've posted are just fine. It's just who's quoting them and all of his own harsh words to many of us here since you've joined.

Quote:
the opposition to the old truth really is getting fierce.

This site was founded on the Old Paths - but now you've set yourself above the whole of this site as well and not just the members here with this last remark.

If only you did love others, the way He commanded you to, 'Joe'.

Take care, 'Joe'. Take really good care.

2012/3/31 4:38
mguldner

Kansas

Quote:
I would not expect your wife (White_stone) not to agree with you Old_Joe.

Mike

Nice try Mikey, but White Stone is not my wife, we don't even live in the same country. She is a sister in Christ though!

Suppose that makes me your son ;)

2012/3/31 9:31Profile
Lotis

Re:

If anything this thread is vile, and many attitudes on it sickeningly vile, absolutely void of love and compassion. We argue with fools and make ourselves look like fools, anyone who knows the grace extended to us through Christ knows the truth in this debate. The out of context scriptures and quotes run in opposition to the greater over arching reality of the gospel and the character of God as displayed through Christ and expressed by Paul. I don't care what great saint of old is quoted; just because they are a dead hero doesn't make them right.

The humblest thing (and one of the hardest for many) we can do as human beings is agree with God that we are his righteousness, it's pride to disagree with his word on the matter, though many here feel it's more prideful to agree with his word than their own opinion! Old Joe you have a horrible attitude and you need a hug buddy. Much love to all!

2012/3/31 10:04Profile

Re:

Quote:
Suppose that makes me your son ;)

Sure Matt, might as well keep it all in the family! ;-)

I wonder if there are any other relatives out there I don't know about??

OJ

2012/3/31 10:17

Re:

Quote:
Had anyone else posted these very same quotes that you have, and those that began this thread - no one would have objected.

Now THAT is ABSOLUTELY classic!!! Objecting to the truth for my sake now? Bravo, bravo!!.....see how that works out for you in the end.

OJ

2012/3/31 10:27

Re:

Luke 12:51   Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

As anyone who has viewed this thread can see, the Gospel polarizes. It lets none stay in the middle gray ground but moves to divide and divide properly.

OJ

2012/3/31 10:37

Re:

Lotis writes..........

"If anything this thread is vile, and many attitudes on it sickeningly vile, absolutely void of love and compassion. We argue with fools and make ourselves look like fools, anyone who knows the grace extended to us through Christ knows the truth in this debate. The out of context scriptures and quotes run in opposition to the greater over arching reality of the gospel and the character of God as displayed through Christ and expressed by Paul."

I agree with that Lotis and I apoligise for my own part in keeping it going. My excuse is that I have seen young people, good young people, caught up in the vileness movement and saw all love just seep away from them and it is heartbreaking, but now I take your advice with this last post.........bro Frank

2012/3/31 10:56
Compton

Re:

Quote:
If anything this thread is vile

Agreed.

I don't think we need to lock this thread. For those who know they are vile, could they not make such a public show of it?

MC

2012/3/31 10:58Profile

Re:

Quote:
I have seen young people, good young people, caught up in the vileness movement and saw all love just seep away from them and it is heartbreaking

Your target and motive was/is good, Brother Frank.

Sis Lotis, your post would read much better on this particular thread if you had left the two times you added "many" out of the good that you wrote - only because by putting that one word in, it sounds too much like what we've been dealing with for quite some time - 'the one against the many' here - this Big family of GOD that we're a part of.

Blessings to you both for your good intentions!

2012/3/31 11:27

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy