SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : overwhelmed with sorrow and tears

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

overwhelmed with sorrow and tears

Today I was at the grocery store and as I waited in line I just felt so overwhelmed with sorrow. I don't know why exactly but as I watched the other customers, the cashier, and bag boy I just felt like weeping. Nothing unusual was happening, there was an elderly couple that were shopping and I could see that just getting around was difficult for them physically but they were helping each other. There was a young mother who was struggling a bit with a crying child. The cashier was a nice young woman but she had some kind of disability, I noticed that she kept twitching and shaking her head to one side as she worked.
As I said nothing really out of the ordinary and yet I could feel the tears forming in my eyes as I watched these people coming and going all around me. I just felt so over come that I began to pray for the LORD to help them...

Has anyone every had this happen to them?

God bless
mj

2012/3/1 22:42Profile
onemite

Re: overwhelmed with sorrow and tears

Yes, all I know to do is intercede. Ask the Holy Spirit for help. If you don't know what or who to pray for, perhaps you can go off alone and if you pray in the Spirit, then do so. If not, ask God's heart and pray as the Holy Spirit leads. If He is laying a burden on you to pray, then He will be faithful to lead you in prayer.

:)

2012/3/1 23:31Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

He saw the multitude and was moved with compassion because they were like sheep without a shepherd.

Russ

2012/3/2 5:27Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

MJ It is the condition of man in a fallen world. Sometimes we grieve what sin has wrought. Sometimes it stirs within us, anger at what this condition brings and festers. It is the Spirit of Christ that raises us above our personal condition to view the condition outside of ourselves and long for the day when all tears, because of this, are wiped away, and joy will have no distraction.

2012/3/2 10:51Profile

Hi Maryjane, this is one of the side-effects of the passion of the Lord. We love what He loves. And as we look to Calvary we begin to scrape the surface of the depths of that love. Jesus wept as he surveyed Jerusalem. He knew that in 30 short years that it would all be swept away. The tears that you shed are heavens tears for a lost word, long may they flow.........bro Frank

2012/3/2 11:27
timg

I have had the same feeling many times. I was just wondering a minute ago how we can rejoice when there are so many families hurting, people dying without any idea of their destination, and God's glory being trampled on every where I turn my head. And what makes me weep even more is the church seems oblivious or atleast powerlessly standing by.
May God see our tears and hear our cries and pour out His Spirit again on us.

2012/3/2 13:17Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Thank you very much for your responses to my post. I feel like I understand better what I was experiencing now. I do struggle with keeping my emotions in check and not letting them rule me. It helps to hear that others have felt these tears and the need to pray. I do pray for the lost, so many times as I have watched people go about there daily lives it has been on my heart to stop and pray I just have never felt so overcome with sorrow before and wanted to be sure it was not self...

God bless you all and thank you
maryjane

2012/3/2 13:27Profile
onemite

Re:

He will, timg. I believe the tears for intercession come straight from God's own heart which is evidence that God is not powerlessly standing by. Our rejoicing is in God.

Once I heard the sermon by David Wilkerson "A call to Anguish," which was very timely and helpful to me. Perhaps you will also find comfort in it.

The danger for me is in looking so outward that I forget to look upward and become cynical.Zac Poonen has some sermons on that. I think looking inward, outward and upward.

Pray in faith! Remember that these things that you see are not new they have always been there. He has simply given you new eyes to see them to help you pray. The burden is His and none can prevail against Him.

2012/3/2 13:37Profile
Leeza

The world is just getting that way, isn't it?
http://www.ellerslie.com/Depraved_Indifference.html
Think you will really like this.
Gods blessings.

2012/3/2 17:35Profile
timg

Re:

Forgive me for sounding cynical. That was not my intention.
I was only trying to point out how the church, including myself, is not living in the pentecostal power like in the begining of the book of Acts. We are told that those days are over and the was only for the eary church.
I have been praying for anguish, and compassion. I've been praying that He will take me to the end of myself and give such a passion for Him that I will not be satisfied untill He answers. He has been begining to answer those prayers.
I believe He gives a burden to pray and weep for lost, because He intends to asnswer those prayers.
In His love,
Tim

2012/3/2 18:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy