SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Franklin Graham's sad presentation of the "Gospel"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Re:

This is and was and will continue to be my focus. I have no intention of running down rabbit trails of attacking other people on this thread. So I will ask again, and please stick to the issues if it is possible.

1. Is a man saved by having good moral values or by being a Catholic?
2. Do Mormons believe in the Jesus Christ of the Gospel?

These are simple questions. This is the only questions that I will respond to, this is the issues that I raised. I think it would be interesting to see what people actually believe.......... bro Frank

I did watch the link to the video provided and I will answer both your questions. The answer to the first one is no having good moral values or being a catholic does not make you saved. The answer to the second question again is no, Mormons do not believe in Jesus Christ of the Bible.

God Bless
mj

2012/2/21 21:51Profile

Re:

I think JIG made some good points. Thank you for answering these simple questions Maryjane. The very essence of Christianity is what it means to be a Christian. This is the timeless question. Its not a new thing, its an ancient struggle between the religious and and true Chistianity. Keep the two questions in mind brothers and sisters, what saves a man and who is Jesus. One does not have to be a theologian to stand upon the the right answers to these questions........... bro Frank

2012/2/21 22:43
DieingtoLive

Re: Franklin Graham's sad presentation of the "Gospel"

Right On !!! J.I.G.

Bro. Frank, I get it and I agree.

Everyone else your still loved.

2012/2/21 23:30Profile

Re:

I just wanted to add that I was not intending to slam Graham over this video by supporting the right of Frank to start this thread and point out error. I am thankful though others brought up the catholic allegiance with his ministry, that is the most disturbing. Also the fact that he mentioned church attendance as a gage for who is a true christian. His unhealthy leanings towards the 'christian right' is also obvious.

-Jim

2012/2/21 23:31
jimp

Re:

hi, i have in my lifetime as a christian seen thousands of catholics saved because i have ministered amongst them in love. i have talked to a few mormons and afew jws. and have not seen any results ... the sample is too small to make a stat over... we all need a redeemer and God has told us to preach to every creature and make desciples. i am going to obey God and carter conlon and leave bro. graham alone.jimp

2012/2/22 2:45Profile

Re:

I confess I was one of the ones who jumped on the judgemental bandwagon and hurled my stones against Franklin. I ask God to forgive me. I ask for the forum to forgive me. I did not listen to the interview so I have no basis for an accurate assessment of what Franklin said.

I think we can look to John 3 and agree that any person who believes in Jesus Christ should experience the new birth. We see from the conversation Jesus had with Nicodemus that anyone who puts their faith in Jesus is born from above and has undergone a heart thransplant that will result in that new life. 2 Cor.5:17 testifies to us being new creations in Christ. Eph..2:10 testifies such a change will issue in works and deeds that come out of a heart of love.

Anyone can jvelieve in moral values. Anyone can believe in the rules of the Bible. Anyone can follow the Bibke or any other holy book. Mormons anf Catholics have good moral values. But does that mean they follow the Lamb.

I have been saying repeatedly we are not bound to a written word. But we are bound to him who is the living Word. It is Jesus Christ, the living Word who lives in us. If we confess him. It is the living Word of Jesus that changes us.

Saints any Catholic, Mormon, or cult member can quote the Bible. They may profess toive by its principles. But for you Puritaon students, what was the question? What the Ye of Jesus Christ?

The question to be asked of anyone, politician or entertainer, is do you believe, follow, Jesus Christ.

The WORD did not become a book to be discussed, debated, or pondered. But the WORD became a Person to be followed, loved, and enjoyed.

Bkaine Scogin

2012/2/22 6:24

Re:

Okay, let me backtrack from my previous post.

I wasn't judging anyone I was pointing out some things that I have observed.

I personally appreciate Billy Graham, I have a respect for him. At the same time I feel saddened by certain words that have been said in the past regarding salvation. But that doesn't take away my respect for the man. I used to listen to his broadcast and they ministered to me, so I am not putting him down.

I just don't know anything about his son.

And yes, it's easy to criticize and I hope to God that I wasn't critical in my last post. If I was, please tell me and I'll edit it. If I receive two or more saying that I have, I'll edit it for clarity.

Thanks Saints.

As for Mormons, they do have a faith in Christ that is astounding. I have heard messages that I agreed with but then come to find out it came from a Mormon Pastor. I thought, either I am hearing wrong or this man has some truth. I judged myself as having a hearing problem. What if I judged wrong, maybe he was speaking truth. Oh well.

2012/2/22 8:55

Re:

Brother Frank said:

Quote:
I am very surprised that you do not know the ecumenical nature of Franklin Graham. If anyone cares to spend just five minutes in study, you will know that the Graham organisation has been deeply involved in Catholicism and Catholics help at the crusades because it has been agreed not to proselitize Catholics or if any Catholics come forward, they are to be directed back to the Catholic church

Well this is a good thing.

Even though the organization are told not to evangelize the Catholic Church, that doesn't stop people from ministering to Catholics. In other words, they are going to talk. It won't come from the head office, but it will come from those that are way down the bottom, regular people. These types of treaties are 'signed' in good faith in the hopes that it's members will not proselyte one another. They know they will lose members on each side. But it satisfies those that are in 'office' that their members won't be targeted for evangelistic purposes.

It's all politics.

2012/2/22 9:22

Re:

Brother I know we must be careful in our judging one another. Particularly other servants io Christ. But we have to draw the line on Mormonism. Mormonism is a Satanic cult built upon the Masonic lodge. Living in Arkansas I have found, Albert Pike, a mason, to be revered here. Yet in his writings he professed allegiance to Satan. Brigham Young and Joseph Smith were masons before being Mormons. The signs and counter signs of the mormons come from the masons. Some masons even regard the Mormon temple as an unofficial masonic lodge.

We cannot fall into the deception that mormons are believers. They believe in a different gospel. In a different Jesus. They may follow and quote the KJV Bibke but until they have that new birth expereience of John 3 and come out of Mormonism then they are decrived. Mormons, just like moslems, are not believers in Jesus.

I must stand with Brother Frank that the issue is t his gospel. Particularly is summarized by Paul in 1 Cor.15 and amplified by Paul in Romans. Also as applied by Jrsus on John.

Let there be no mistake. The issue must be Jesus Christ and him alone. Wr must ask that question the Puritains would aleays ask. What think ye of Christ. Better yet, where stan ye with Jesus Christ. The issue us not moral values, but ones standing with Jesus Christ.

Blaine Scogin

2012/2/22 9:35
TrueWitness

Re:

I think the fact that Franklin did not mention the fact that Santorum confesses to believe and follow Jesus Christ is because it is already so widely known about him. What he was pointing out was the fact that Santorum walks the walk and not just talks the talk.

2012/2/22 9:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy