SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Does anyone else struggle with this theological question about God's love and means of salvation?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
pilgrim777

Re:

2Ti 2:10 Therefore I ENDURE all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

2Ti 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we BE DEAD with him, we shall ALSO LIVE with him:

2Ti 2:12 IF WE SUFFER (deny the flesh, pick up our cross), we shall also REIGN WITH HIM: if we deny him (refuse to suffer and bear our cross, in essence, refuse to be associated with Him and His sufferings), he also will deny us:

God is looking for a people that will choose to suffer for his sake and turn away from all that is not of Him. He is looking for a people that willingly follow and trust Him no matter the cost. Jesus is our example and even will abide in us by the Holy Spirit to will and to work in us.

We deny Jesus by walking in our own righteousness and strength which avoids suffering because it pleases the flesh.

Adam and Eve, did not choose to suffer (deny self), but they gave in to their flesh via a lie by the lust of the flesh (Eve saw that the tree was good for food), lust of the eyes (fruit pleasant to the eyes) and pride of life (a tree desired to make one wise).

Today, we still mistake bad fruit for good fruit.

Like Ginny, hope you got some answers.

Pilgrim

2012/2/21 11:55Profile
Sree

Re: Does anyone else struggle with this theological question about God's love an

Brother Zac Poonen answers all these questions in his book called Real Truth, one can find the ebook of this here.

http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/book_window.php?book=the_real_truth

This is a great book to share to unbelievers and even to believers who have no idea what is Sin. This book is very small and can be read completely in a night or 2. Most of the contents that I have included in my post are inspired from this book.

Also the day today choice that a believer (Christian) makes between his sinful nature and the Holy Spirit is the essence of Romans 7 and 8. If anyone feels this is against the grace of God then they need to complain this to Paul and also to Jesus who told us to Carry our cross everyday. The cross is the symbol of doing God's will ignoring our flesh desires and it should be done everyday. Good news is we have Holy Spirit to share the burden of this cross.

2012/2/21 12:19Profile
Sree

Re:

Here is a Youtube video of Zac Poonen talking on the origin of Evil and why God allowed it to happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wVbN-AF_To

2012/2/21 15:02Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The Cross is the simbol of death. Our Cross is His Cross, which we were crucified with Him, our dying to self and sin every day. Gal 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ". "The life we now live we live by the Faith of the Son of God".

If I had a cross to die on it would mean nothing but death and hell. By His Cross which is the only Cross in my life that takes away the death of sin and gives me life unto God. Paul says we were with Jesus when He was on the Cross and that is our cross also, dead to sin and alive unto God By the completed work On The Cross of Christ for me. We must see ourselves on that cross with Him also or we don't understand, "It is finished".

In Christ, dead on the Cross with Him and alive unto God in Him and Him in us: Phillip

2012/2/21 18:19Profile
gamma-light

Re: Does anyone else struggle with this theological question about God's love an

Nathan how else can the love of God be proved to be the most powerful thing above and beyond all created things to man, more personally to YOU? Look at the universe as created for relationship enhansement with the God of creation.
See....All things were designed by God in such a way for us, mankind His idea and creation, to know Him and experience Him personally in the fullest.
Ponder this:
How else can you know Him personally as your deliverer if there is nothing for you to be delivered from?

How can you know Him as your personal healer if there is nothing from which you need Him to heal you?

How can you know Him as your personal provider unless you need HIM to provide for you what man can not?

How can you know Him as the one who forgives unless you need Him to forgive you?

All the names of God will give you clues as to who He desires YOU to know Him as, to you personally and in your life experience.
All this that is created, is all about KNOWING who God is... and who He desires to be to each one of us individually in our life!!!!!!! Because until you experience Him, the true knowledge is not yours. See, I can tell you about.... but you must experience for yourself before you can truly know, because He is a very intimate God. He didn't create masses of humanity the fact that He created ONE in the beginning shows you the first clue to who He desires to be to you.
You can never know Him as greater than all unless there is the negative there to express the means for the revelation and thru that your fellowship and relationship with Him deepens.
The creation DECLARES His glory!
gamma-light

2012/2/26 15:09Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy