SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : What is going on?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Well, Prayer4am, may I suggest that you not pray at 4 am. What? That's right. Jesus said, "If I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto me". Why not worhsip from 4am till whenever and see what happens. Go to the highways and biways and bid them to come in and worship. God's love goes beyond our needs, beloved. If He did not spare His only Son, what would He withhold from those who will worship Him?

Mike,
Praise the Lord. I would that you were close to Louisiana so I could visit you now and then, and we could grieve over our weaknesses together, and worship over His mercy and grace. Glory be to God, now and forevermore, amen.

2005/2/4 19:59

Re: Your suggestion

You may suggest all you want that I not pray at 4 A.M. The Devil himself has suggested it...even tried his best to put me back to sleep. My best friend suggests all the time. I hear the suggestions and know it is like Peter was to Jesus at times...get behind me Satan.

I would no soon disobey God and what he has told me to do. I used to fight God....it's not a fight I choose to do anymore. I gladly obey and for the first time in my life I am happy!

May I suggest to you .... stop being so in the world and in yourself and spend more time with God in prayer for others. We have enough Churches and Ministers who do not pray and do not have life that God wants to give out. Dr. Cho prays and look what has happened to his Church that he ministers to....and the Mountain that is known as "The Prayer Mountain" in Korea! Jesus was known to Pray and pray a lot before his work....and then he followed God and did his bidding....he then went out.....
As a diamond is used to sharpen another diamond....I just loved reading your suggestion....it makes me realize how much God loves me! Don't you love being used by God even when you don't know it!!!

God is Good!!!
PJ

2005/2/5 7:44

Re: oh PJ...

I'm sorry, you seem to have took what I said the wrong way beloved. I'm so thrilled to know you and know that you pray so earnestly. Please include me in your prayers.

What I was trying to aritculate, but failed miserably is that often times, time spent in private worship, praise, and thanksgiving get's more accomplished that just hitting on God with a list. Of course I've never heard you pray and have no basis or ability to qualify your prayers. I thank God that you are praying and also encouraging others, especially me, to pray even more. But if people refuse to pray, then they have no ministry. Praying has to be two way to be effective. God has to have time to speak to us as well. It is in hearing His voice that we get our marching orders and He defines our walk after the Spirit.
Again, I'm so sorry I offended you. That was not my heart. You are such a blessing. Please forgive me.

2005/2/5 8:43
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Ah...

What could ever drag me away from being amongst the saints! We are such a mixed up collection of misfits, peculiar people indeed!

And you just got to love it...

The struggles of word-smiths or wannabes. Comforting to know that we are not alone in semi-failed attempts at giving expression by stringing together individual letters into some kind of cohesive whole.

But the hearts shine through, the humility, the forgiveness, the want of taking and giving of correction, so that we might thereby grow into that glorious image that was promised. It's showing, in various ways, telling in what isn't often said.

Quote:
May I suggest to you .... stop being so in the world and in yourself and spend more time with God in prayer for others. We have enough Churches and Ministers who do not pray and do not have life that God wants to give out. Dr. Cho prays and look what has happened to his Church that he ministers to....and the Mountain that is known as "The Prayer Mountain" in Korea! Jesus was known to Pray and pray a lot before his work....and then he followed God and did his bidding....he then went out.....

No reason to get snippy brother and sense that the intention may not have came out the way Lahry wanted it to as he stated. But also need to point out that I would urge you to look into Dr. Cho, am not totally up on everything that he espouses but have heard him speak in my old church and there are some very extra-biblical teachings, the whole "Fourth Dimension" and what not. Look into and draw your own conclusions, but this is not someone I would suggest you sit under. Be a good Berean and "[i]see if these things are so[/i]"
Having the worlds largest church does not necessitate the blessing of the Lord. Just a reading of The Revelation of Jesus Christ and to His displeasure with 6 of the 7 churches serving as a reminder.

A couple of related links:
[url=http://www.cephasministry.com/paul_yonggi_cho.html]http://www.cephasministry.com/paul_yonggi_cho.html[/url]

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/c17.html

This is dangerous stuff brother, perhaps I am not being forceful enough after reviewing this again.

Lahry,

Thanks for being here brother. You are bringing much to us all. Appreciate your heart and love for the saints and knowing that you have been around this internet block more than a few times shows. Would love to come visit where you are, in fact would love to just go and visit all the 'churches' all over the world, not necessarily the 'buildings' but the temples, where the Holy Spirit dwells! (Hey, am I in the 'house/church thread?...no, I guess not, but that does seem to apply)

A tour of the 'SI-ites'!, uh,oh..sense that cult word sneaking about ;-)

2005/2/5 10:40Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Early in the morning will I praise You!

By the way..

Quote:
I remember Dawson Trotman of the Navigators in the book Daws ... it talked of the discouragement he went through with people coming and fading away while he would continue to pray outdoors in all kinds of weather.

Think that would be to be expected PJ. Recall that a revival once sparked from only two ladies given over to intercession.
Quote:
Any ideas on how to get the news out of the 4-7 A.M. Prayer Meetings that will be held here 7 days a week? Praying for Revival throughout the world and the prayer request for our lost loved ones' salvations.

You may have part of the answer from your own words there; "Wait on the Lord". Seems simplistic, but the Lord sees your desire brother and think it is a mighty noble thing you are after here. Just want to encourage you PJ, there may be only one or there may be many so either way don't be discouraged. If I was in your neighborhood I would be right there with you, Lord willing and on that note if this is the Lords will for you got a feeling He will make a way for them to come and join you.

2005/2/5 11:12Profile

Re: Relax and enjoy the conversation

I did not take it wrong....we were just chatting on here. And I was not offended in the least bit. I see my typing after only 1 cup of coffee so early could of used some re-thinking before typing. It was suppose to be light hearted reading for you.
Did it wake you up?
PJ

2005/2/5 12:26
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

"sounded" snippy to me brother and no, very well relaxed thank you...now I am sounding 'snippy' ;-)

"Barbed" comes to mind, should know well enough, have gone fishing quite early in the morning before the coffee has kicked in as well here...
Hope this doesn't turn into a coffee thread now :-)

2005/2/5 12:49Profile

Re: Early in the morning will I praise You!

Quote:
Recall that a revival once sparked from only two ladies given over to intercession.

Mikey, you're talking about the two elderly half blind saints in the Hebrides Islands?

yes?

if so, I LOVE that story, in fact I love reading or hearing EVERYTHING about the Hebrides Revival.

know why?.....coz it's this far off corner of the world, rural, windswept, LONELY place.

Some of my favorite passages in the Bible, are detailing where Jesus went off to a LONELY place to pray.

lonely....wilderness places, the other side of the Jordan, it always seems like the places where the spirit is nurtured and filled with the Spirit, are quiet lonely wilderness places....

You know what might be a nice place to hike into to seek the Face and the Will of the Lord?

the Ventana wilderness...right opposite of Big Sur.

the Hebrew word for wilderness or desert is midbar, its also the title for Numbers be midbar .."In the Desert"....do you know what the Title for Deuteronomy is? in Hebrew?
"elleh Ha de'barrim"..."These are the Words".

I didnt write that to swing my knowledge about, but to say that, when you voice those words, there's Power there...you can feel it, its supernatural and God-breathed;

"elleh ha De-barrim"

Isnt Jesus wonderful?

Back to the two elderly saints, its shows us that a guy (or girl)shut up in his prayer closet for one hour can change the world. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!!!!

GLORY!

2005/2/5 12:53

Re: Peggy and Christine Smith, elderly prayer warriors

Peggy & Christine Smith: They Prayed A Promise
In a small cottage by the roadside in the village of Barvas lived two elderly women, Peggy and Christine Smith. They were eighty-four and eighty-two years old. Peggy was blind and her sister almost bent double with arthritis. Unable to attend public worship, their humble cottage became a sanctuary where they met with God.

To them came the promise: "I will pour water upon him that is thirsty and floods upon the dry ground," they pleaded this day and night in prayer.

One night Peggy had a revelation, revival was coming and the church of her fathers would be crowded again with young people! She sent for the minister, the Rev. James Murray MacKay, and told him what God had shown her, asking him to call his elders and deacons together for special times of waiting upon God.

In the same district a group of men praying in a barn experienced a foretaste of coming blessing. One night as they waited upon God a young deacon rose and read part of the twenty-fourth Psalm: "Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? Or who shall stand in His holy place? He that hath clean hands and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive the blessing from the Lord." Turning to the others he said: "Brethren, it seems to me just so much humbug to be waiting and praying as we are, if we ourselves are not rightly related to God." Then lifting his hands toward heaven he cried: "Oh God, are my hands clean? Is my heart pure?" He got no further, but fell prostrate to the floor.

An awareness of God filled the barn and a stream of supernatural power was let lose in their lives. They had moved into a new sphere of God realization, believing implicitly in the promise of revival.

But before leaving Peggy and her sister, another story must be told which further illustrates the holy intimacy of this woman with her Lord. When the movement was at its height Peggy sent for Duncan, asking him to go to a small, isolated village to hold a meeting. The people of this village did not favor the revival and had already made clear their policy of noninvolvement. Duncan explained the situation to Peggy and told her that he questioned the wisdom of her request. "Besides," he added, "I have no leadings to go to that place."

She turned in the direction of his voice, her sightless eyes seemed to penetrate his soul. "Mr. Campbell, if you were living as near to God as you ought to be, He would reveal His secrets to you also." Duncan felt like a subordinate being reprimanded for defying his general. He humbly accepted the rebuke as from the Lord, and asked if he and Mr. MacKay could spend the morning in prayer with them. She agreed, and later as they knelt together in the cottage, Peggy prayed: "Lord, You remember what You told me this morning, that in this village You are going to save seven men who will become pillars in the church of my fathers. Lord, I have given Your message to Mr. Campbell and it seems he is not prepared to receive it. Oh Lord, give him wisdom, because he badly needs it!" "All right, Peggy, I'll go to the village," said Duncan when they had finished praying. She replied, "You'd better!" "And God will give you a congregation."

Arriving in the village at seven o'clock they found a large bungalow crowded to capacity with many assembled outside. Duncan gave out his text: "The times of this ignorance God winked at, but now commandeth all men everywhere to repent." When he had finished preaching, a minister beckoned him to the end of the house to speak again to a number of people who were mourning over their sins - among them, Peggy's seven men!

2005/2/5 12:59

Re: This was a blessing to read!

Good Morning.

This was a blessing to read! I have seen God's faithfulness and power when in Boot Camp as the religious petty officer the company commanders had me pray each night for the weather they needed for the next day. I would pray out loud as soon as the lights went out. They the next morning we all listened to the weather and uniform of the day announcement. Every day they annouced the exact weather and uniform of the day for many weeks that the commanders asked me to pray for. The very last night the request was put in so that we would wear our rain coats the next day because the barracks were being inspected. Rain coats usually cost the commanders a lot of grief since they were rarely folded correctly and they did not want to spend their time to ensure that all of our's were perfect. I prayed as usual that night. The next morning though it looked stormy like, the announcement did not include wearing rain coats.

The commander looked up to me as he was helping the guy who slept below me ensure his rain coat was folded correctly. He said, "Well I guess there isn't a God after all." Five minutes later roughly, they called over the P.A., "Uniform of the day is amended. Wear Rain Coats. Wear Rain Coats." I looked at the commander and he was white as a ghost and said to him, "Hmmm, I guess there is a God after all." He did not talk to me the last couple of days that we were there.

One of the guys from Boot Camp met up with me several weeks after our time together in Chicago in school. He said to me, that he was impressed how God listened to me. I said that God listens to everyone who prays and is walking with him. Though my life was not through it's rebellious stage yet....I never forgot what the Lord did. It's one of the factors that brought me back to serve him permantly. The power of prayer...the faithfulness of God.
PJ

2005/2/6 5:36

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy