SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : America Under God's Judgment and How God Tried to Warn Us on 9/11

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Re:

CJeanne wrote:I began to think it was some kind of joke that nobody on this thread made the slightest effort to respond to what it's actually about -- Jonathan Cahn's revelation of God's hand in 9/11 and how that shows God directly speaking to His church in America -- in literal specific events that echo His word to ancient Israel -- that ought to convince ANYONE of His existence and involvement in His world and His heart for America. Nobody even addressed my first question about whether they'd even heard of Jonathan Cahn and his revelation.

I kept repeating the point and it kept being ignored. All I got was general thoughts about God's judgment of America that have nothing to do with Cahn's study.

I'm new here so I know it can be offensive of me to make comments on how the forum is run, but I'm not going to be staying after these experiences and it began to seem important to mention it. I didn't want to start a new thread to discuss it and maybe putting it here will even get the thread cut, but I guess I'll take that chance.

I love the mission of SI about revival and this thread ought to fit right in, as about God's OWN PERSONAL DIRECT call to us that COULD unify and motivate us, but obviously it can't if I can't even get the topic across.

I'll check back to see if anyone responds to this but at the moment it looks like the thread is dead and my participation here is over.

Greetings

I don't want to go even further off topic of your original post but did feel led to comment to this last part of your post.

To answer your question I have not heard of Jonathan Cahn's revelation before so I do not feel I can comment to it at this time. I just wanted to say that I do not believe that those who have posted to your thread meant anything as a joke in what they shared in response to you. I have found in my time here at SI that on occasion I have posted things and GOD has used them to bring forth discussion in a completely different direction then I could have ever imagined...I have learned to go with the ebb and flow of the LORD in other believers lives and have been very blessed at times in the things they have shared even though it did not remain on topic.
I realize you were hoping to discuss this particular teaching and I understand that you are sharing a burden the LORD has placed on your heart but I hope you will reconsider and stick around the forum for awhile if you feel so led to do so. There can be much blessing in hearing what the LORD is showing others even if it is not exactly what we were expecting to happen.

God Bless
maryjane

2012/2/14 11:55Profile
CJeanne

Re: God is a God of order

Hi Mary Jane,
Thanks for your comment and I appreciate your point, which is very gracious and charitable, and may even be correct in some situations as we listen to the Spirit.

But I see this in general as a matter of confusion, even a sort of babel of tongues with everybody speaking over everybody else, and a violation of the proverb about hearing a matter before you respond. God is not the author of confusion, and I don't see anything in the Bible that supports the idea that completely ignoring a message in order to give your own different message advances God's purposes or leads to any sort of edification. God can certainly bring edification out of confusion if He desires, but that isn't the norm. God is a God of order.

2012/2/14 12:42Profile
CJeanne

Re: God is a God of order

Hi Mary Jane,
Thanks for your comment and I appreciate your point, which is very gracious and charitable, and may even be correct in some situations as we listen to the Spirit.

But I see this in general as a matter of confusion, even a sort of babel of tongues with everybody speaking over everybody else, and a violation of the proverb about hearing a matter before you respond. God is not the author of confusion, and I don't see anything in the Bible that supports the idea that completely ignoring a message in order to give your own different message advances God's purposes or leads to any sort of edification. God can certainly bring edification out of confusion if He desires, but that isn't the norm. God is a God of order.

2012/2/14 12:42Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by CJeanne on 2012/2/14 6:42:27

Hi Mary Jane,

Greetings sister

I agree with you, GOD is a GOD of order you are absolutely correct in that. Of course I understand your desire to share what the LORD has laid upon your heart but I do not think anyone who has posted meant to offend you with their responses...What I have discovered is that SI is a forum made up of many different individuals from all walks of life as well from different levels of maturity. Sometimes this I think does play a part in how topics tend to twist and turn as they progress along. Of course out of respect to you as the originally poster it is best to try to remain as close to topic as possible but I do also hope we will allow for room for fellow believers to share what the LORD may be placing on their hearts. There have been so many times that a single line from someones post has been such a blessing to me or GOD will use in my life to answer prayer and I might comment on that even though it does not keep to the entire topic as originally posted. I do not do so out of disrespect to the original poster but rather as following the leading of the HOLY SPIRIT in that moment.

Even now as I type this sister I realize it is not even close to what you were first seeking to discuss in this thread and yet my prayer is that in some small way I will be an encouragement to you and you will decide to stay. Threads come and go and one never knows how GOD might use each others words to speak into our lives and help us walk and grow closer to HIM. I think you probably have much to share here with us and I look forward to that.

God bless you sis
maryjane

2012/2/14 13:00Profile
CJeanne

Re:

Hi again,
I appreciate your intention, Mary Jane, and thanks for your encouragement but I can't see this issue the way you do. I'm glad you enjoy the forum as it is, but the Holy Spirit can speak to us personally just as well through orderly on-topic posts as off-topic ones, just as He so often speaks through a scheduled daily Bible or devotional reading.

As far as the topic of this thread goes, I think Jonathan Cahn's information is probably going to become very well known in the near future anyway so I don't have to push so hard at it.

Blessings in our Lord, Mary Jane
CJ

2012/2/14 16:04Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by CJeanne on 2012/2/14 10:04:44

Hi again,
I appreciate your intention, Mary Jane, and thanks for your encouragement but I can't see this issue the way you do. I'm glad you enjoy the forum as it is, but the Holy Spirit can speak to us personally just as well through orderly on-topic posts as off-topic ones, just as He so often speaks through a scheduled daily Bible or devotional reading.

As far as the topic of this thread goes, I think Jonathan Cahn's information is probably going to become very well known in the near future anyway so I don't have to push so hard at it.

Blessings in our Lord, Mary Jane
CJ

_________

Of course I do believe that the LORD speaks to us as you mentioned also through on topic post and through the reading of the Bible :) Be blessed as well

God Bless
mj

2012/2/14 17:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy