SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Original post re the super bowl event etc.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Original post re the super bowl event etc.

Speaking as an Englishman who loves the Lord Jesus I can tell you with love and truthfulness that the original post is most accurate. I believe that our brothers in the USA are to some extent blinded by the continuity of influence which they have to edure on a daily basis. The same kind of influence is now in England, but it has not reached the same pitch of enthusiasm. Any one who has watched a big league game here in the UK, say between Manchester United and Manchester city will hear the same roar of approval for the efforts of the sportsman who are giving their all to do their chosen work. But what you won't find is idolatry openly displayed and enthusiastically embraced. The day will come, sadly, but not at this time. On the front page of one of our daily news papers Madonna was featured. Please please please brethren tell me if what you saw there was not Babylon. Wake up brethren your country is heading for a great judgment. I say it with tears and a heart for The USA.

2012/2/8 3:57
mama27

Re: Original post re the super bowl event etc.

AMEN!!!!!

2012/2/8 8:46Profile

Re:

2012/2/8 8:59

Re:

I have been watching this discussion and would like to add that it is not just a problem in America. There used to be a time when there were not many Indian workers in America. Now, there are many that work here. Many are IT consultants. I work with over 100 Indian consultants. There are some who are Christian and talk about Uncle Zac all the time.

When Cricket season comes around they are watching it at work on their smartphones all during the day. Once I saw them during work hours in a conference room they reserved using a projector connected to a laptop and projecting it on the wall. The room was filled with Christians and Hindus watching the final between India and Australia.

To tell you the truth, I have never seen people so excited about the World Series or Superbowl. Just wanted to illustrate that this is not exclusively an American thing. I believe it has to do with flesh all over the world.

It has taught me that we all have similar problems with the flesh and should not appear holier than others.

Julius

Re:

Sorry, I have not posted for some time and I made some mistakes in submitting.

enid

Nottingham, England

1 Peter 4:17, "For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God, and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God"

Even without the worship of sport, both the churches and the world have much to answer to God for.

Mark 13:35, "Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming..."

Since it is, Christ's return is soon, and more important than sport, (for some), then, let us live like we would want to live for when Christ does return.

God help us.

2012/2/8 9:13Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
amrkelly wrote:
The same kind of influence is now in England, but it has not reached the same pitch of enthusiasm. Any one who has watched a big league game here in the UK, say between Manchester United and Manchester city will hear the same roar of approval for the efforts of the sportsman who are giving their all to do their chosen work. But what you won't find is idolatry openly displayed and enthusiastically embraced.

I have no dog in this fight over the superbowl, the only sports I watch on a regular basis is tennis.

I wanted to make a comment on your statement about not reaching the same pitch of enthusiasm of Americans but yet in our matches the fans of one team have never killed another fan of an opposing team, let alone tens or hundreds of them. I'm sure that's only by the grace of God though!

Maybe I misread your post and/or misunderstood it, if so I apologize. If not, can you explain what you see as the difference in the pitch of enthusiasm and/or idolatry between the two countries is?

God bless,
Lisa

2012/2/8 9:27Profile

Re: Super Bowl etc

Hello Lysa

My principle point I beleive in my post was really regarding the image which Madonna portrayed and the effect it had on the crowd. Of course there is no difference between the UK and the USA when it comes to so-called sports idolatry. As a matter of interest the reference to Madonna in the original post should have been 'I saw a picture' of Madonna on the front page of a UK news paper. What stuck me was the absolute Babylonian apparel she chose to wear. Some would say this is just a wardrobe issue; i.e. choice of dress. I think Madonna knows what effect she has, and her dress as with all her life style, including the good points reflects her soul. Which is to say who she really is. This is not a judgement just an aboservation.

As to the fervour of US and UK sporting interest, the US is ahead in some sports and the UK in others. The fervour to me means the extent to which sport really takes over ones life as an interest. It only really becomes idolatrous when it moves a sincere christian to neglect their walk. I have seen this in the UK and in the US. My apologies for not making myself clear. I love all men no matter where they come from or what their condition is.

As for judgement coming on America I can't prophecy about that. Their are enough sound prophets in America for God's purposes. I only say amen to the original post to which I responded. God Bless you for taking the time to ask me to clarify my point.

2012/2/8 15:22
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
My principle point I beleive in my post was really regarding the image which Madonna portrayed and the effect it had on the crowd.

Ok, that makes sense now! Thank you for explaining!

God bless,
Lisa

2012/2/8 15:40Profile
a-servant

Re:

“The Superbowl is kind of like the Holy of Holies in America. I’ll come at halfway of the “church experience” and I’m gonna have to deliver a sermon. It’ll have to be very impactful.”

-Madonna-

amrkelly said:

"Wake up brethren your country is heading for a great judgment."

You are not the first to say that, and I quote specifically Jeremiah 50:12  

"Your mother shall be sore confounded; she that bare you shall be ashamed: behold, the hindermost of the nations shall be a wilderness, a dry land, and a desert."

This is talking about the daughter of Babylon, or the modern Babylon of our times as a nation. To indentify her Jeremiah uses the mother-daughther relationship, that only fits on one specific relationship in our time. The mother is England, and she is still around to see her offspring fall. America at time of judgment is the hindermost of nations, that means looking back in time at time when this will happen, she is identified as the last great nation that came into existence.

This was revealed to me in 2001, and it became only clearer and more sure as time progresses. Earlier this was the revealtion received: The "big city" in Revelation is NYC. Now usually some views change over time in a life of a Christian, but this one hasn't, it has been confirmed to me over and over again since then, that's why I haven't been there after that.

2012/2/8 17:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy