SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Theological Soldier

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Actually I don't have all the specifics figured out on the complete "when an when not". All I know for sure is that it speaks of praying or prophesying. I haven't experienced anyone prophesying durring fellowship meals, but it could happen. People sharing testimonies is not the same as praying and prophesying, right?

2012/2/7 21:02

Re:

"But truthfully, assuming she "does not have light on the subject" is kind of making a judgement isn't it? I guess what you are saying is if she had light then she would have a head covering on"

Do you believe in a five fold ministry? Do you believe in participatory meetings? If someone doesn't see these things as valid, do you think it might be because they don't have light on the subject yet?

Also, it may not be practiced in all the churches today, it was at one time. But that goes for a lot of biblical truth.

2012/2/7 21:06
pilgrim777

Re:

Hi Sean,

In fairness to the "uncovered" there are many participatory meetings today that are done decently and in order, with praying and prophesying and no head coverings. And His presence is there. So, He is either looking past our ignorance or it doesn't matter to Him. I wonder which one it is?

Pilgrim

2012/2/7 22:17Profile

Re:

"In fairness to the "uncovered" there are many participatory meetings today that are done decently and in order, with praying and prophesying and no head coverings. And His presence is there. So, He is either looking past our ignorance or it doesn't matter to Him."

I thank God he looks past our ignorance. God did the same thing with the Corinthians. They were a mess, but God was still blessed the with spiritual gifts. What a merciful God! Yet, eventually God brought order throu Paul's instruction. Simply because God blesses our meetings doesn't mean He approves of everything taking place.

I know that God has blessed me in the past and overlooked my ignorance, and I know He's doing it today on things I'm currently ignorant on. I thank Him for His mercy. But Gods blessing doesn't mean He neccesarily approves of everything.

P.S. My friends mom got healed at a Benny Hinn meeting years ago. Does that mean God endorses Benny Hinn and sanctions everything he does, or does that just mean that God is merciful and good? I think it's the latter.

2012/2/7 23:04

Re:

Pilgrim-

Unless we claim sinless perfection we have to admit the Lord blesses all of His true saints despite areas where we are ignorant or dont have light.

Better to have a sister that is burning for Jesus and doesn't cover than one who does cover and is dead as a pharisee. Yet this on its own is a false dichotomy though. Why not have both the heart and the sign (if indeed the scripture really does appoint a cloth covering as a symbol of authority).

A heart of love for Jesus covers over a lot of our short comings. That should never give us comfort to rest in our short comings though. Of course, keeping the externals without having the heart of love is the worse of all.

God bless you. -Jim

2012/2/7 23:08

Re:

"Unless we claim sinless perfection we have to admit the Lord blesses all of His true saints despite areas where we are ignorant or dont have light.

Better to have a sister that is burning for Jesus and doesn't cover than one who does cover and is dead as a pharisee. Yet this on its own is a false dichotomy though. Why not have both the heart and the sign (if indeed the scripture really does appoint a cloth covering as a symbol of authority).

A heart of love for Jesus covers over a lot of our short comings. That should never give us comfort to rest in our short comings though. Of course, keeping the externals without having the heart of love is the worse of all."

AMEN. Very well said.

2012/2/7 23:36
pilgrim777

Re:

Brothers, I will trust that you will continue to pray for us "uncovered". For no man can move at the behest of another. We all need revelation from God and I think you would agree.

If this is from the Lord and we seek Him with all our heart, I believe He will give us revelation. What else can we do unless He illuminates our spirit by His?

Thank you for your concern that we experience all that God has for us.

Shalom,
Pilgrim

2012/2/7 23:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy