SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Who is Zac Poonen?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
brothagary

Re:

one thing iv noticed obout those who preach sinless perfection ,is that they them self have never reached that state yet but say that it is possable

they preach a standard ,but dont live the standard

and the bible seems to point to hipocreats ,,when one does not practice what one preaches

to say brothers you can and should be sinless ,and then not practice total sinlessness ,is a contradiction

if i say brethen you should be sinless

and then slip up once after i preach that word ,,im a hipocreate

can any one here say they are sinless and can garenty that they will continue this ,,,,,,,,,,iv nevver herd of anyone like that except our lord

2012/2/8 4:49Profile
OnwardUpward

Re:

Sorry if the below is a digression but...

1. If somebody is GENUINELY concerned that somebody is guiding people in the wrong way (and your intention is that only and not to tarnish anybody's image out of immaturity/jealousy/time-pass/personal offence/any other reason), please fast and pray about it first.

2. Whom are we fixing our eyes on? Zac? Wesley? Finney? Paul? All these people are a few among that great cloud of witnesses and are just pointing to us the Blessed One. There may be areas in which somebody is not right. But God is still able to lead His children into all truth. Yeah, ultimately it is God who leads us into truth and not man.

3. Each one is going to give an account only for himself/ herself and his/her assigned tasks and not for somebody else or for somebody else's children.

4. Peter in one place says that some of Paul's teachings are hard to understand. In another place Paul and Barnabas split up due to difference in opinions. And in another place Paul was offended because Barnabas was siding with the Jews. So, are we here to judge who was right or who was wrong, and form a case and pronounce our verdicts? There are better ways to waste time.

5. And we always ought to tremble and fear of what Jesus said - Judge not so that we are not judged. The same measure we use on others will be used on us too. And it is always good to think "Perhaps, it is MY understanding that is wrong and he/she is right." and pray about it and pray for the other person too. If the thing REALLY matters and if our attitude is humble, God will set it right in due time - in whichever party that is wrong or perhaps in both!; if the thing does NOT matter, well no worries...it just won't matter.

6. In discussion forums such as this one, if you want to share something which you think will be profitable to others, please share. If you have any specific questions, please post it to the point - eg. "What does the Scripture say about attaining holiness?". That way it is simple and keeps us focussed. If you think that somebody's teaching is wrong and is doing you harm, please post just the teaching (after doing Point# 1). And if you think that it is important to mention the preacher's/author's name, just say it in the very first post and thereon focus only on the teaching and not the person (and dont put the person's name in the subject line).

Sorry for the tone. No offence meant at any one. We ALL want to get there and be with the Lord.

Angelin

2012/2/8 5:39Profile
Theophila

Re:

Dear krautfrau,
With all due respect to your person, you have put the cart before the horse. You should have relayed your concerns directly to bro Zac himself instead of starting a discussion that won't move anyone further along the path of righteousness. Instead, it has all the potential of dividing the brethren and causing offense.
This may not be your intention but do you see how this could happen?

If after discussing with him, as Scripture guides, and you can't resolve your differences, then, you may involve the larger Body.

May all of Jesus' siblings become more like Him everyday. Amen.

2012/2/8 8:38Profile

Re:

Dear Theophila

I did not start the discussion I only joined in and I did not understand his teaching apart from what I read in his testimony which I am correcting by listening to him at present. There are things that I am concerned about and I am willing to contact him directly before I say in public what I think.

2012/2/8 9:01
Sree

Re:

Dear Krautfrau,

No matter what your question is, I don't think you will be the first person to ask him that. This man is doing God's service for over 40 years. He has seen people questioning him from all corners. I have not seen his doctrine change even a little because of these men.
My general advice to you is not to debate with his doctrine. He identifies such debates and quickly backs out of it. Which is wise as such debating people have very strong hold on their doctrine more than the word of God. If you have a genuine question he always entertains it.

2012/2/8 11:01Profile

Re:

Thaks Sree

I have emailed him with my questions but am a little dismayed to hear that he has not changed at all in 40 years.

2012/2/8 11:08
pilgrim777

Re:

Quote:
Sree

This man is doing God's service for over 40 years. He has seen people questioning him from all corners. I have not seen his doctrine change even a little because of these men.

Quote:
Krautfrau

I have emailed him with my questions but am a little dismayed to hear that he has not changed at all in 40 years.

To be honest I could not help but think the same thing as Krautfrau.

How long have you been knowing Zac that you can make a statement like that on his behalf?

God is always having us make adjustments to our way of thinking and doctrinal stances. I expect many more adjustments in the future.

2012/2/8 11:23Profile

Re:

Yes the Lord has made some profound changes to my doctrinal stance over 39 years. Once has been through talking to someone on a forum despite folk claiming that it does not happen. I expect too see someone developing their doctrine over time and expect the Lord to make further adjustments to mine..

The reason I am questioning Mr Poonan is because his stance is halfway between to entirely different theologies, the one Pentecostal and the other Holiness. I know Holiness theology very well having read widely about it and have experienced myself that which they speak of, but I am not so aquainted with Pentecost theology but have read quite a lot about it. Mr Poonan claims he is not a Pentecostalist however even though he believes that the baptism of the Holy Spirit brings power and tongues, though not release from the sin nature which is Holiness teaching ie the sin nature being destroyed.

I am looking forward to hearing from him if he has time to write, appreciating as I am that he is a busy man.

2012/2/8 12:03
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I am closing this thread because it has gone far past the place of profitablility to the readers. Zac Poonen is in my experience one of the most godly men I have met after traveling for 9 years to many parts of the world and visiting 1000's of godly men and church fellowships, home fellowships etc. To be able to sit down with brother Zac and to take in some of his live meetings were live changing times for me and blessed my walk with the Lord Jesus Christ.

Brother Zac by himself is not the 100% balanced Christian life for the entire body of Christ. He is a very balanced brother, but under God's call is preaching many things that the larger Christendom is missing. God has specifically burdened him to do this and it has been a huge contribution and blessing to the entire body of Christ world-wide.

At SermonIndex we are thankful and blessed to be able to promote these messages and to allow saints from all different denominational backgrounds to hear these messages to correct, rebuke and encourage them in areas that are not preached or ministered to in their local fellowships.

The CFC fellowships and Zac's ministry are a light and beacon in the midst of compromised Christianity and mammon seeking churches and pastors. God has raised them for a time like this as he has raised many other movements and churches for examples to the others, not to condemn others but to encourage them back to the apostolic and genuine (authentic).

we can disagree on views of sanctification and being able to be 100% free from known sin or not. But the biblical view is that we must be holy and free from sin no matter if that is perfection or not, so therefore we must all be going in this direction in a very clear and urgent way. So I see brother Zac's emphasis and teaching on these things are not bad at all no matter how anyone takes them it would be benificial to the walks of many believers.

May we strive on to perfection and to attain to the resurrection by the grace and power of the Holy Spirit of God given to us. May we abide in Him (Christ) and bear much fruit for him.

You can access brother Zac's messages here:
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=157

This thread is being locked and closed.

2012/2/8 12:46Profile
Sree

Re: Pilgrim

Quote:

How long have you been knowing Zac that you can make a statement like that on his behalf?

God is always having us make adjustments to our way of thinking and doctrinal stances. I expect many more adjustments in the future.

By Doctrine I meant the core of his teachings. He spoke against sin in all these years. And he is still. Nothing changed.

Please take effort to understand in what Context one is saying something. You tend to be giving more importance to individual words instead of the whole context.

No one will want to hear a preacher who keeps changing his doctrine. May be you are an exception.

I am not here defending Zac and neither I am I worthy of it. I know him only for past 3 years, but I have heard testimonies of elderly people who once challenged his doctrines and ended up finding the truth. Now they are serving God as a part of CFC church.

Please stop taking some words out of my post and post some new meaning. I do not have time to keep explaining your misquoted comments.

2012/2/8 13:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy