SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Who is Zac Poonen?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
zarqon

Who is Zac Poonen?

I wonder...

2012/2/5 20:46Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Who is Zac Poonen?

I welcome you to the SI forum albeit with a bit of trepidation due to the question that you ask and the reply to your own question. I hope my concerns are unfounded.

If you are here to bring a brother's perceived shortcomings to everyone's attention then I would ask you to reconsider, we have enough of that type here already and they bring no fruit to bear here.

But to answer your question, Zac Poonen is one of the best Bible teachers I have ever heard. He is what I would truly call a "teacher" and the Lord's anointing is clearly upon his ministry. I thank God for Zac Poonen.

In Christ,

Ron

2012/2/5 20:57Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Who is Zac Poonen?

Zac Poonen has been involved in a church-planting ministry for about 40 years. He has written 25 books - mostly on the deeper Christian life. Many of these have been translated into a number of languages and have been circulated widely around the world. His wife, Annie, a medical doctor has also written a few books for young girls and mothers.

http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/bookshelf.php

Br. Zac Poonen was formerly an Indian Naval Officer who has been serving the Lord in India for the past 40 years as a Bible-teacher and elder having responsibility for a number of churches. He has written a number of books and articles in English which have been translated in other Indian languages as well.
His messages given in India and abroad are available on audio and video formats. Zac Poonen also supports himself and his family through "tent-making" and does not receive any salary for his services. He does not receive any royalty for any of his books, audio tapes, video tapes or CDs, published by Christian Fellowship Church.

http://www.ravensministry.com/zac.html

About Zac Poonen:
Zac Poonen was formerly an Indian Naval Officer who has been serving the Lord in India for nearly 50 years as a Bible-teacher. He has responsibility for a number of churches in India and abroad.
He has written more than 25 books and numerous articles in English - which have been translated into many Indian and foreign languages. His messages are available on audio CDs and video DVDs.
Like the other elders in CFC, Zac Poonen also supports himself and his family through "tent-making" and does not receive any salary for his services. He does not receive any royalty for any of his books, CDs or DVDs, that are published by Christian Fellowship Centre, Bangalore.

http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/about_us.php#abtzac

For Zac Poonen's personal testimony, go to the following links:

The Day Of Small Beginnings Vol.1 : The Preparation For A Ministry
http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/book_window.php?book=the_day_of_small_beginnings_volume1

The Day Of Small Beginnings Vol.2 : Building The Body Of Christ
http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/book_window.php?book=the_day_of_small_beginnings_volume2

2012/2/5 20:58Profile

Re:

Many thanks to Greg for posting this information about Zac Poonan. I was very interested to read his book and understand why he is so popular. Indeed it is good to hear about his integrity and witness in India and he is indeed a beacon and light upon a hill, having a spirit of humility and willingness to hear God. It is always good to hear about those who are preaching holiness but I have made a few observations over the years regarding those who have their roots in the Pentecostal movement even if they avoid the extremes and even dont see themselves as Pentecostals.

One important point which is always overlooked, is that Pentecostals in their beginings were in dispute with Holiness people at that time, and the Holiness people would never share a platform with them because of the disagrement over what happens at the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Pentecostals said it brought power and the evidence of tongues, though Zac is more moderate like others in saying that the scriptures say that not all speak in tongues. Holiness people however, said that entire sanctification comes with the Baptism, it is a baptism in the HOLY Spirit and the rest follows on from being delivered from the sin nature. And they denied tongues.

Today many Pentecostals revere those holiness people and turn a blind eye to their stance over tongues. If they were here today they would not be fellowshipping with the tongue speakers without contention.

So how can they each say they received the baptism and disagree so much on what occurs? I believe we must look for the fruit. If a man says he has been baptised by the HOLY Spirit and still say he is seeking after holiness, then he needs to look more deeply into what the Holiness teachers of old said because they were the ones who bore the fruit whereas a demonstration of gifts was not the proof shown in scripture.

One important point, I feel is this, that although it is good to see the Promised Land and talk about it and encourage others to look over and see it too, we can spend a whole lifetime doing this and IT WILL NOT GET US THERE.

It is just not enough to see the truth and not appropriate it for ourselves no matter how sincere or earnest we are. There are many like Zac who know the truth but as they have not entered in themselves, they cannot lead others in - they must enter in first. Zac admits himself that he has not entered in even though he has seen a great deal of improvement in himself, he still cannot give the witness of living without sin. It is easy to talk about entering in, but another thing entirely to do it.

Now here is the most contraversial thing I have to say. I know other charismatics who are doing the same as Zac but no matter how long they wait they do not enter in and the difference beween them and the ones who did enter in, and who have written many books on it and testimonies, is the speaking of tongues.

It is my belief that this is stopping them but I do not know of one who is willing to test the spirits and stop in order to see if I am telling the truth or not.

They are not willing to see if the Holiness teachers of old were actually right on this one, and the evidence is that they do not have the witness of entering His rest and living without sin.

May the Lord reveal His truth.

2012/2/6 5:07
jochbaptist

Re: Penticostal vs holiness

Dear Krautfrau

I find your observations very interesting, as it touches my life rather personally. I experienced freedom from sin, and it's power over me after my conversion, and for almost 6 months. Then gradually I started to fall into religiousness (too many church meetings, Bible school classes, following a Pastor etc, without spending time with Him alone) luke warmness, and eventually into sin again.

To be totally honest, I desire a "deeper work of Grace", and I would love to know how to receive it. I have fasted, repented, confessed, gone for deliverance, you name it … I can not say that I am on the other side of the Jordan at the moment.

Blessings

2012/2/6 11:11Profile

Re:

Hello jochbaptist

If you have been speaking in tongues then the first thing I would say is stop. It is not being disobedient to test the spirits. When the many who witnessed to the holy life did not practice this, neither Wesley, nor Finney nor any of the others, then it is wise to seek whether one has been mislead on this one. If one has then one could be saying words which stop the blessing.

Then I would advise you to read testimonies from the time of the Holiness Movement - those who witnessed to entire sanctification. There are testimonies on enterhisrest.com

The Lord has promised this and all it takes is to have faith in it and to walk according to the light one already has and the Lord will do what He said but if there are any wrong attitudes or lack of sincerity then it will be revealed and anyway there will be a time of great testing.

I will pray for you.

2012/2/6 11:41
mikey2

Re:

zarqon or is it zarqun? I think you know more than you reveal.

Is this you? What is your game? Did you forget the Internet is public?

http://forum.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=53001&page=2

2012/2/6 11:51Profile
Sree

Re: krautfrau

I do not understand your post clearly. I know Brother Zac personally and I thank God everyday for his life witness. Zac speaks in tongues and he has accepted this. He does not do it in public. Once my church Elder asked Zac whether he has attained complete deliverance from Sin and he answered "close to attaining it". This is his personal answer and not something that he talks about in pulpit. Also I do not believe that one needs to become like Jesus to talk about Holiness. 1 John 3-9, clearly says that we will be like Jesus only when we see him face to face during his second coming. But till then our attitude should be to purify our self with this Hope. Even apostle Paul did not achieve it during his time of leadership.

Salvation has three parts and the first two parts that we experience on earth are Forgiveness and Freedom from sin. Jesus summed this up when he spoke to the Women caught in adultery (John 6) saying "Neither do i Condemn you, Go Sin no more". Zac believes in leading people into this second part of salvation which is currently hidden by Babylonian Churches.

2012/2/6 16:47Profile

Re:

Thanks for that confirmation that Zac has not been delivered from sin by his own admission. Although by his words he has made it plain that he believes that he can be delivered from sin in this life and this is the doctrine that he is preaching. Most who do get deliverance testify to it and in fact the teaching is that one will lose the blessing if one does not testify. This is not to boast but to glorify God. Yet you do not accept the teaching yourself - well that is your choice.

We see Him as He is when He baptises us with the Holy Spirit and we become holy as He is holy.

One can preach the doctrine, and Zac is doing so like Wesley who sought advice on this matter, all well and good and it is better that it is preached than not, but it takes one who has actuallyy entered in to lead others in.

Next time you see Zac tell him from me that he should test the spirits and stop the tongues then he might achieve his aim.

2012/2/6 17:22
Sree

Re:

Quote:

Next time you see Zac tell him from me that he should test the spirits and stop the tongues then he might achieve his aim.

With all respect for you. There are 2 kinds of sin, conscious and unconscious sin. Conscious sins are those that we know are sin and are still committing them. Unconscious sins are those that we are not aware of but we are made aware of by the Holy Spirit. When we become Christians we all struggle with Conscious sin (Romans 7) but when we start walking in Spirit, we get victory over them (Romans 8). Now we stop committing them in our day today life and hence we have clear conscience towards God. But that does not mean we became holy. Listen to what Paul is saying.

1 Corinthians 4-4:-
My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me.

Having a clear conscience towards God does not mean we became Holy. I am sure Brother Zac has a clear conscience like Paul. Even I achieve it many days. But that does not mean I am holy. There are so many Sins that I commit unconsciously. The Holy Spirit reveals them to us as we continue walking with Spirit. So once you have been revealed of a new sin you repent of it and then by the power of Holy Spirit you overcome it. So it is a continuous process of sanctification. It cannot be done in 1 day. It was same for Paul, John and everyone who is born of Flesh (initially). This is called Growth in Jesus. Anything else that you preach is not what the Bible tells us.

If Brother Zac starts sharing such sins that the holy Spirit has revealed to him then we will all be so discouraged because we have been committing them unknowingly everyday and we are so far behind to reaching it. It will be like a PHD student sharing his question paper to a 3rd grade student. Even the men whom you think have had complete victory they will also be discouraged by Zac's standard.
For example once he said 'he considers even entertaining the thought that another women cooks better than his wife is adultery'. How many of us have such a high standard? This is God's standard for us, and we will get there as long as we keep walking in the Spirit keeping a clear conscience.

What I am trying to say here is Zac is in the process of Sanctification like how Paul, John and other men of God were on this earth.

Speaking in Tongues is not wrong. Bible encourages us to do it. God gifts us. But it should be inspired by Holy Spirit. You cannot speak whenever and where ever you want. There are some conditions and restrictions. It is a Gift that we get from God same as other gifts like prophesying. Please give me a Bible Quote that saying speaking in tongues is Wrong?

2012/2/6 18:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy