SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The SUPERBOWL! The worship of Babylonian Mammon at it's height.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread

Internet, TV, Superbowl and Madonna

When I think of television, or the Internet, I think of the common maxim, "THE EYE IS THE WINDOW OF THE SOUL."..both in, and out.

It is true. Who you behold is who you become like. This is at the bottom of praise and worship. When we behold Jesus, and His face ours, we are exposed to His love and light and are changed. When we behold dark sinfulness, we are stained.

Both of them, the Internet and TV, are promoted by commerce. Ads, charges, and profit dollars either make, or break you...maybe in the larger sense. Consider Facebook's 70 BILLION dollar worth, or GOOGLE's 90B....or any News outlet...or Christian Forums...Ads...that pay for the airtime and salaries and profits.

We, as Believers, are in the World, but not of it. Money, and commerce are a necessary fact of life. In itself, it is ambiguous...neither good or bad. The Internet is an information highway that also may be neither good or bad. It is neutral, like a pistol in your hand. Guns don't kill people, people do.

TV has news and facts, but is primarily an entertainment facility. The Internet has exploded that concept exponentially...and has opened knowledge AND ENTERTAINMENT into new horizons that have created a new, FLAT WORLD...more than ever was....and is the closest thing to the tree of the KNOWLEDGE of good and evil as there is.

The issue with God, is Who do you worship? Your heart; either consecrated to Him, or loving the World and the flesh that rules it. This was the original intent of this thread, along with a dread that spiritual lines were being crossed over...and I am alarmed. Remember Babylon, and her worldwide influence, and her four sins.

"And they did not repent of their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts."

A walk with God is not just in our mind; our perceptions and opinions, it is how we conduct ourselves and whether or not we "WORSHIP HIM, IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH." What I see is Babylon being worshipped up front, in your face, with all of these four sins promoted with vigor.

This is how I felt about the super-bowl and Madonna. Soon, Babylon will fall, and she is so ingrained in our culture, that America will fall with her.

2012/2/9 11:55
Elibeth

Re:

Thank you Approved,

For your testimony,...It is the 'testimony of Jesus ' working in you.
WELL thought out, and WELL said.

To God be the Glory,

Blessings, Elizabeth

2012/2/9 12:30Profile

It must be lived.

Thank you Approved,

For your testimony,...It is the 'testimony of Jesus ' working in you.
WELL thought out, and WELL said.

To God be the Glory,

Blessings, Elizabeth"...Elibeth.

Me too approved; Tom

2012/2/10 0:42

Re:

"The SUPERBOWL is simply a celebration of this spirit; INIQUITY UNLEASHED....and displays our National commitment to it, that transcends mere tolerance, into WORSHIP! Where have you seen more worship of the flesh than here....with a BILLION watching?"...comment BrotherTom

I didn't watch the halftime show with Madonna...but I was amazed and shocked as I perused some news sources just how prophetic my comment was. Madonna was actually worshipping Satan in a ritualistic fashion.

The link below is clean enough to read, and may be Christian:

http://www.dangerousminds.net/comments/the_devils_discotheque_madonnas_half_time_show_a_satanic_ritual

I had a TV in my home in 1951, age 2. We had 3 channels, and it went black at midnight. God's name was never taken in vain, all of the women wore long dresses, and the only kissing was a peck on the cheek.

Today, actual Pagan , Satanic ritual is performed with the most vile intent, and accepted as the norm.

Yo quote Bob Dylan, "the Times, they are a changin'."

2012/2/16 12:58
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

The Super bowl is a celebration of the 2 best teams in American football. Then it invites companies to product the best commercials at the steepest prices to get peoples attention. These are the essentials of it. Now, tell me what is worse, the Super Bowl or an ocasion such as Mardis Gras?

During the Super bowl I did something I have never done before. I Followed twitter and found a combination of feminists as well as others making their voice heard by critiquing commercials and proclaiming if they will buy it or not. Well, it doesn't take long me for me to see how twisted the thinking of some people are with some commercials in their interpretation them. Yet, the whole thing became a sort of cultural experience for me.

I know many in the church poo poo the Super Bowl and especially since it is on Sunday evenings and so on. Yet I find the correlation, many times, that those who speak against it usually are not sports fans at all and so they speak out against it.

2012/2/16 13:46Profile

Re:

"I know many in the church poo poo the Super Bowl and especially since it is on Sunday evenings and so on. Yet I find the correlation, many times, that those who speak against it usually are not sports fans at all and so they speak out against it."

Deadn - you can find my testimony of how Jesus delivered me from being a sports fanatic at my blog, and a recent struggle I had with it. There is a great video of David Wilkerson preaching on the subject there too.

http://fleebabylon.wordpress.com/2012/02/05/imagine/

2012/2/16 17:11
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I definately can't say I am a sports fanatic. I love college football and some college basketball but I don't do the fantasy sports stuff. Not interested. I love to watch college football and see a few basketball games, especially if Florida State is playing. I listen to some sports radio but only enough to be in the know of a few things.

My younger brother does the sports fantasy thing and showed me how it works. Although it looks like a fun thing to engage in it seems to me it takes up too much time to deal with. Time that I would rather spend reading something such as sermonindex or listening to some kind of talk radio.

I will read your blog........

2012/2/16 18:10Profile

The Days of Sodom are upon us.

Really the Superbowl, The Play-off championship of the most popular sport in the richest Nation that ever was in itself, is not evil. I've enjoyed sports and played them, and have been a fan, I suppose.

My reference to evil was how much the Mammon Worship was apparent, and how increasing wicked up front, in your face Demon worship was increasing. I wrote this post before kick-off, sensing demon worship in the half-time show.

It happened, in spades....just like mom, apple pie, and the flag....Now lets worship and honor the devil.

It's now a normal part of our culture, and it's getting worse every day. It's shocking....We are now living in the days of Sodom, as a Nation.

2012/2/16 20:16

Re: The Days of Sodom are upon us.

To be considered:

2012/2/17 3:49
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

I don't know, I don't follow baseball...

2012/2/17 10:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy