SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The SUPERBOWL! The worship of Babylonian Mammon at it's height.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

The thread is not a condemation of people watching the game but what the game has become. Most of us are quite innocent concerning what's being televised.

A week before the Superbowl, Madonna described on Anderson Cooper the spiritual importance she attributed to her halftime show:

“The Superbowl is kind of like the Holy of Holies in America. I’ll come at halfway of the “church experience” and I’m gonna have to deliver a sermon. It’ll have to be very impactful.”

While most considered Madonna’s performance as an entertaining interlude to the most important football game of the year, those blessed with symbol-literacy will probably agree with the following statement: Madonna’s halftime show was a big celebration of the Illuminati industry and of its Grand Priestess, Madonna.

That was the real message, weather we knew it or not, we freely participated in godworship. Read the full article here:

http://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusiness/madonnas-superbowl-halftime-show-a-celebration-of-the-grand-priestess-of-the-music-industry/

2012/2/7 11:48
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

HeartSong wrote: "As I left the restaurant, I met the mother and one of the little girls as they returned from the rest room. She was the sweetest looking little girl - a soft glow of innocence seemed to just flow from her as she stumbled and coughed along the way - and my heart broke as I considered what she was soon to become."

This is how I feel. Only an Almighty God can save them. How wonderful He is delaying His return that they may have a chance to turn to Him. Even the worst of what they become can still turn and be saved. Praise Jesus!

white stone

2012/2/7 12:02Profile

Baptism of the Flesh...until it's too late.

Again, the fact that a sport is played at this event is not the issue, or having, or not having a TV.

The issue is, there is a level of Babylonian pleasure being thrust upon us by the Devil that has entered our National Soul. We no longer see things with sight of good or bad, right or wrong, Godly or UnGodly but pleasurable? or distasteful, no matter the ugliness, and contend that it may be OK for another, but not for us. Everything Goes!

This was Sodom's problem, for they believed it, and to live it, one must defy God. "It'll be fun to rape these boys and watch them die!" as the two angels strolled in to get Lot." There was never one hint of Godly conscience offered, as to right or wrong, or murder and torture. It would be fun,they would satisfy their torture lust, and the entire city joined in.

When this spirit is tolerated, the numbing of the conscience begins...and soon...there is no conscience.

"Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

"Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.".. The birth of REPROBATE.

We have had an Explosion of Homosexual acceptance, and even legal marriage! Our children are taught this from 1st grade on, and it is melded into the teaching of Darwinism that this is entirely healthy, as the rules of "Natural Selection" dictate.

Today, the marriage consummation under God is seen as frivolous and silly. Get a boyfriend, and fornicate until the cows come home.

The SUPERBOWL is simply a celebration of this spirit; INIQUITY UNLEASHED....and displays our National commitment to it, that transcends mere tolerance, into WORSHIP! Where have you seen more worship of the flesh than here....with a BILLION watching?

"Do as you will!"..[ the motto of the Satanic Bible, BOOK OF SHADOWS..] Party On.

I'm seeing the end come, and we need to be ready...and our greatest defence will be holiness unto the Lord. I am convicted, and trying to repent back to God all the way....to return to my first love...Who I have left.

2012/2/7 12:12

Re: Baptism of the Flesh...until it's too late.

Quote:
The SUPERBOWL is simply a celebration of this spirit; INIQUITY UNLEASHED....and displays our National commitment to it, that transcends mere tolerance, into WORSHIP! Where have you seen more worship of the flesh than here....with a BILLION watching?

Indeed it is BT, and it always has been. It is little different than the gladiators in the Roman Coliseum. I saw post earlier wondering how many 'Christians' were watching in the Coliseum before some were actually thrown in. By all accounts here, the number would have been quite high.

OJ

2012/2/7 13:21
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

I believe pride breeds competition, however subtle that pride may be.

2012/2/7 13:54Profile

Re:

I believe competitiveness is built into people (particularly men) by God's design. There are many reasons why, and if you have raised boys... like my wife and I have (4 total, no daughters) you recognize that fact very early. And properly directed competitiveness can be a godly attribute, even a gift.

Not properly directed competitiveness breeds pride, not the other way around, my friend.

Be careful because getting that backwards you may actually be attributing a gift of God to sin (pride = competitiveness). No no... competitiveness + sin = pride.

Krispy

2012/2/7 13:59
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

I hear ya Krisp; and I also believe pride is built into our old-natures as well by Adam's fall.
I can see children competing for their father's love. Now, I don't know if that's what you meant, but regardless, I can see that.
I compete against myself in a few ways - I examine to see if I'm growing in grace in a certain area daily (ex: am I responding in the flesh when someone vexes me, or am I using that as God's means to humble me, and thereby responding in thankfulness and rejoicing).
I also compete against myself in the gym - I see how my body reacts to the program I'm on, and if not, make required adjustments.

2012/2/7 14:22Profile

Re:

Quote:
I believe competitiveness is built into people (particularly men) by God's design.

...or by man's fall.

Your boys compete because they are fallen, just like we are.

Just because something is inherent in our natures does not mean we should attribute it to God. With original sin comes the seeking of continual improvement, (man trying to raise himself up to God). Because this improvement can only be relative and not absolute, it causes competition.

OJ

2012/2/7 17:56

Re:

Old_Joe said:

"First of all, who played? Next, who won? Last, who cares?
OJ "

Made my day in Jesus. God bless you brother. -Jim

2012/2/7 18:00

Re:

Bill said: "Sometimes I wonder what is worse, the tv we watch, or the food we eat, or the way we dress, "OR" the condemnation were put under by others."

I had to chuckle at your last post. I hope to God that no one thought that I was condemning anyone in my post. Certainly not in the least. When it comes to sin, I am chief.

However, there was once a time when all of these distractions were as nothing. They meant nothing. There are so many flavours in Christ that there is no reason to taste anything else.

I watch television like most of you do. The commercials are worse than the program and I have to always turn my head or just have the program guide ready as it covers the whole screen which is a pretty good feature. So I am not more than you.

Just like you all, I long for a deeper walk with our Lord. And I feel in my spirit that God is working on that so that we can desire Him in a greater measure. And it will be just like Paul said that these things that we have in our lives today will fall away with the using.

Praise God

2012/2/7 20:34

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy