Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I would like to be rained on, and yes, i am asking for it right here where i am for the time being, but no rain yet

hmm
Quote:
But then i have to ask you, has it rained yet?

OK, to be honest I am abit confused about the way you use the "rain" word? what exactly do you mean. I know of what is called the 'latter rain' movement which is in charimatic circles? could you please clarify?

For a Christian to be used, you don't have to travel and most of God's work for Christians is where they where saved! for instance you see the apostles first commision was to be witnesses to there our country [b]before[/b] being witnesses to the entire world.
Acts 1:8b
"and ye shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."

2003/5/24 0:48Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:
But then i have to ask you, has it rained yet? How long will you wait? How do you know if you are persevering or just going about it the wrong way? Perseverance brings forth fruit right?

Nope, where I am it is very dry right now, but then again, it's that way in general no matter where you go. Why? Because "judgement begins at the house of God" and right now the church of God is under judgment. And even if rain falls in isolated areas, as Amos 4 teaches us, it is still a sign of judgment, for that rain will not be enough for the surrounding communities. Woe is me, I am ruined!

We must continue to seek God, repenting of not only our own sins, but confessing the sins of our community. And when we are done seeking God, we must seek God still some more. For if we give up in our perserverance, then we show that we lack faith. If we lack perservering faithful prayer, we ought not expect to receive anything.

Quote:
Let me ask you a question, have you received the power from on high?

Yes I have.

2003/5/24 1:04Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
and right now the church of God is under judgment.

that is a truth many dont want to hear, it seems most north american christians have their fingers in there ears and dont want to hear the grim truth of the condition of the Church.

Quote:
Yes I have.

Hmmm... is this the promise of the spirit spoken of in acts 2? have you spoken in tongues? was it a big emotional experience or is recieving the power from on high happen when you recieve Jesus into your heart and become a new creature?

2003/5/24 1:46Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:
Hmmm... is this the promise of the spirit spoken of in acts 2? have you spoken in tongues? was it a big emotional experience or is recieving the power from on high happen when you recieve Jesus into your heart and become a new creature?

I've received the baptism of the Holy Spirit, and have spoken in tongues. It's been my experience that operating in the gifts can often stir up the emotions, because one becomes passionate about what God is moving you to do. For gifts such as prophecy, tongues, or teaching, the "emotions" are often easily decifered by the hearers, because the tones of our voice carry a lot in them.

This turns of some folks, and many think that the preacher has just been overtaken by emotionalism. Sometimes these critiques are right, but sometimes people are just so used to hearing monotone preachers read from a script that they've seen both extreemes of the spectrum.

I fail to see how somebody who preaches with power from on high will not be emotional, as emotions typically reflect the passions of the heart. For out of the abundance of heart does a man speak, and if God has given us such power, our mouths will not only speak the utterances of God, but will also reflect the heart of God.

In a nutshel, antyime God is going to touch us, be it in regeneration, or in the baptism of the Spirit, He's going to touch our heart.

And I didn't receive my "power from on high" until I was 17, about a year after I had become a Christian. That is not to say though, that I had the inability to live a victorious Christian life, but I had yet to become active in the giftings that God had equipped me with.

2003/5/24 13:08Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I fail to see how somebody who preaches with power from on high will not be emotional, as emotions typically reflect the passions of the heart. For out of the abundance of heart does a man speak, and if God has given us such power, our mouths will not only speak the utterances of God, but will also reflect the heart of God.

I totally agree! I think a good book for fundemental churches to read is: 'Religious Affections' by Jonathan Edwards.

2003/5/24 18:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy