SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is Christian Fundamentalism Really All That Bad?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Apparently I missed it... lol. No worries!

Krispy

2012/1/24 10:02
Sree

Re: Is Christian Fundamentalism Really All That Bad?

If Fundamentalism is relaying on every word of God and not just pick and choose the word that you like then it is really a Good thing. The problem with posters here who hate fundamentalists is they picture them as people who hit them with Scripture. This is not true. There are people who use scripture to hit people and driving away from Jesus. But a true believer in scripture will tell the truth of God, will bring conviction of Sin to listeners but will not end up leaving them as orphans. He will guide them to Jesus. There will be a balance between the loving nature of Father and his judgment upon his people. If this balance is lost, if one threatens people with judgment of God or only encourages them of their sinful life by showing the love of God without leading them to repentance then the problem starts.

I believe in every word of God, I do not support any theology. I believe God's word is true, I have never run away from any scripture because it is against my theology. I have never found any scripture contradicting another. I have never classified scriptures as saying this is for unsaved people and this cannot be true with saved person etc.

2012/1/24 11:00Profile

Re:

Sree... every once in a while you say something that makes me smile and say AMEN!

The only thing that seems funny to me is that you said: "I do not support any theology" ... and then you went on to describe what you believe. So yes, you support a theology. And you espouse your theology almost every time you write on here. I'm not saying that it's right or wrong, I am simply pointing out that ALL the word theology means is "what you believe about God".

Even an atheist has a theology. He believes God does not exist... thats "theology".

Krispy

2012/1/24 11:39

Re: Is Christian Fundamentalism Really All That Bad?

"Is Christian Fundamentalism Really All That Bad?"

yes. fore it is the gentile cousin of the pharisees, and muslim 'fundamentists' are their stepbrothers...same traits, same tendencies, same hard and brittle relgiousity.

flee.

because religion kills, Jesus saves.

neil

2012/1/24 11:51
Sree

Re:

Quote:

I'm not saying that it's right or wrong, I am simply pointing out that ALL the word theology means is "what you believe about God".

Thanks for pointing it out. I never thought believing in whole Bible is also a Theology. By theology I meant the famous sides that most believers take that prevent them from accepting all scriptures equally. I will always welcome any theology as long as it is not against the word of God.
For example one can form a Theology saying Bible says there is no God and prove it based on scripture.

Psalm 14:1-The fool says in his heart,
“There is no God.”

If you take the first sentence out and then believe only in rest and can form a theology out of it.

2012/1/24 12:01Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

I really appreciate all the replies here.

I'm thinking maybe I should word it differently. How about:

"Is Firmly Believing and Boldly Declaring Essential Truths from God's Word Really All That Bad?"

I think many "Christians" have been programmed to accept a sort of "Feministic Christianity", one that has no back bone or courage to stand up boldly for Jesus and His Words.

What we need is men and women of God who, as Wesley said, "fear nothing but sin and love nothing but God".

"Lord, raise up such an army of soldiers in these last days, who will cry aloud in the public arena and spare not, as you commanded Isaiah."(Isa.58:1)

2012/1/24 12:40Profile

Re:

Oracio... AMEN AMEN AMEN!!

Neil... you are being just as jugdmental as the people you are speaking about, brother. Not all people who call themselves "fundamentalists" are anything like what you just described.

Granted, some are, but self-righteousness knows no boundaries.

Krispy

2012/1/24 13:16

Re:

We need to trace where this title "Fundamentalists" came from and who are using that term out in the world.

Back in Daniel Webster's day - it was merely a term for those who followed "the fundamentals of the Bible".

That definition should have remained - but we've somehow [unknowingly] adopted this newer definition from secular sources and it was also picked up by the emerging[ent] interfaith church.

The slur is directed at "Fundamentalist Jews" as well - and the secular governments use radical-murderers as the key to whom falls under this category of being a "fundamentalist".

Bible believers, that believe Jesus will return, according to the first statements against us by Janet Reno, back in the 90's, categorize us as a "threat" - just for believing He'll return. They falsely claim that we may try to intentionally do something dangerous to bring about Armegeddon.

At this point in time - when the three main religions are being pit against one another - the plain of the secularists is to turn with great hatred at "those three religions together" - those fundamentalists for 'causing' the war that puts the world into a tail spin - when actually - it's those that are called by the name "globalists" that are the cause of this havoc that's coming upon the earth and it is true that the emerging church has joined ranks with them - being dominionists.

We've fallen into the labeling-hands of those who don't particularly like what the Bible says, because they desire to be the gods of this earth ...... that's all it is and where it came from and we should be very careful to not judge a fellow believer for being a Biblicist and need to think more of praying in unity together for all of the earth's population's future. Attacking one another over man made labels is a Satanic devise to rob us of the power of being in one accord - that strength that we'll need to handle what these 'gods' of this world have planned for the entire earth's population, by attempting to make people fearful of quoting His Words.

GOD Bless you!

2012/1/24 13:19
hoohoou

Texas

Re:

"We are called to preach the Word and Christ crucified. For the most part, we are not called to make sure that the people understand the message, only that they get the message. The Holy Spirit is the one that will have to work the message out inside of them."

I've got to say that I don't know where you got that. The last sentence, yes, but not the rest. Jesus told us to go into all the world making disciples of all men. He didn't say go preach at them.

That, I think, is the biggest problem people have with so-called fundamentalists. That paragraph defines what I think when I think of a fundamental. It's a "You're going to hear this and you're going to like it! I don't care if you don't like it. I told you and now it's your problem" mentality. It is our job to try to get people to understand. That's why it takes all kinds of people to preach the gospel. Some people have a certain way of learning, which God gave them. To reach those you have to speak their language. I'm not talking about watering the gospel message down. I'm talking about bringing a very old book and making it relevant to people today.

I agree with whoever said that fundamentalism is the cousin of the pharisee's. While often times "fundie" is simply meant to be an insult, being a fundamental is most often associated with being rigid and rules driven.

We all have to be careful in what we call one another and the labels we give them. Some people are naturally drawn to a more rigid life. Some aren't. And guess what, God made people with the personality to like the things they like, be it fundamentalism or more of an emergent type church (without the universalism and what not). The problem lies in making a doctrine out of our preferences.

We need to unwind a little and look at what someone is really saying before we label them fundie, emergent, or whatever. Could be that they're saying the exact same things you are but just using different language.

2012/1/24 13:23Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

hoohoou wrote: "Jesus told us to go into all the world making disciples of all men. He didn't say go preach at them."

Right, Jesus did not say go and preach "AT" them, He said go and preach "TO" them in Mark 16:15. All throughout the New Testament as well as the Old we see a clear call for the servants of God to "PREACH" His Word to those that are in rebellion against Him.

2012/1/24 14:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy