SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The battle of sexuality

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
We Christians must ask why there is so little said about, say, anorexia and far more about homosexuality?

Because God abhors homosexuality in scripture, not anorexia. One is a sin, the other is not.

We need to be careful in claiming that the two are equals. They are not. If so, the Lord would have said so.

Quote:
So, while homosexuality is a legitimate concern, there is a host of social ailments that are at the present far more destructive and dangerous.

Sister, this is just plain false and unbiblical. The Lord tells us in His Word what will lead to Hell. A homosexual lifestyle leads to Hell. What can be worse than that?.?.?. unless it leads to Hell as well, which would make it equally as bad.

We need to remember to not add to the Lord's Word. He has this thing figured out.

2012/1/21 11:18Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

If you are keen, you may wish to broaden your investigation of social issues. For example, anorexia is a growing concern. Anorexics ban together, especially on the internet, to support their condition and to glorify it.It's like their own Pride Movement. And they have the fashion industry on their side.

Hmm, although anorexia is a trouble child it doesn't match the movement of homosexuality across America and the world in general.

One of the major debates that I see in this field is that people throw out the bible and use buzz words to shun out Christians to cause them to look like bigots as well as other words.
I recently asked a group of people on a blog what foundation do they stand on to say that homosexuality is ok and good. I told them that I stand on the precepts of the bible as well as the physiology of gender.

one last thing, Speaking of anorexia, have you seen the girl in the T mobile commercial? She seems very tall but also Very think. I have noticed that when she walks she walks with her elbows inward and her forearms move outward, which is not naturally. I wonder if she practiced this? I call her 'arms' for which my wife laughs. She doesn't look healthy at all yet the fashion industry wants them that way. Yuck!

2012/1/21 18:27Profile
learjet

Re:

Quote:
I recently asked a group of people on a blog what foundation do they stand on to say that homosexuality is ok and good. I told them that I stand on the precepts of the bible as well as the physiology of gender.

I use the same strategy when talking with gays, they usually come across in many words that society and their acceptance of the lifestyle is their foundation.

To which my reply is:

'Society' used to justify their hatred of people with black skin in the form of slavery'

'Society' justified the drowning (murder) of 19 men and women in the town of Salem, Massachusetts for being 'witches'

'Society' used to support segregation in the South

The one clear thing that we can see in 'society' is there track record in getting things wrong, and in another 100 years (if Jesus tarries that long) people will look back at today and say the same thing.

I have gays on my Facebook list, in fact my little cousin is now saying that he's gay. In the last year and a half I've watched him go from 'heterosexual' to 'bisexual' to now he says he's full on gay. It didn't happen overnight, it took awhile, I've watched the progression. It makes no difference to me because the same Jesus who set me free from my sin can change him in 1 flat second.

I find NO BASIS WHATSOEVER in science to support that people 'are born this way'. In order to accept that line of thinking I have to believe that the Lord somehow created something that was not perfect and that there is 'another class' of society that somehow exists where God made people gay and since He made people this way it has to be acceptable. This will NEVER be, the Lord makes this clear from the start of the bible until the very end.

It worries me when people start making 'medical' justification for sin.

2012/1/21 20:28Profile

Re:

"I have a homosexual uncle and I have wondered why and how he went this way. At one time he was engaged to be married and she just ran away. Not long after this he became a homosexual yet I don't know if it was a natural tendency for him or if he was conditioned for it."

He was sexually abused when he was younger, liked it and couldn't get away from it. Some boys who get abused either hate it or love it, but both will be dysfunctional in any relationship that they get into. Your uncle thought that the right thing to do was to get married, but ran away from it. Through marriage he was hoping to run away from his sin, but ended up running away to do whatever it was that was driving him to sin.

The man that has same sex inclinations is not sinning as long as he doesn't fantasize about it or act on it.

Every man has some attraction of the same sex, most never act on them. Many men size one another up, we are attracted to one another as men but not in the sexual content, only that we find that being with other men we can be ourselves. Most times that is not possible when they are around women especially with their spouses.

Many homosexuals don't want to be homosexual, the majority of them have been sexually abused and because they never gotten the understanding and love from those that should have loved them and worked with them, they ran away to where they feel loved. But that love comes with a price, the price of more abuses. They know it's dirty, they know it's wrong, yet they feel it's right and the reason why they live in this love hate relationship is because their whole makeup of who they are is messed up by sin, it's twisted.

The reason why the Church has not been successful with homosexuals is because of the condemnation they get. Our message is messed up. We want them to live up to our standard and they are not even saved yet. Christ message is not condemnation rather reconciliation. Yes, we will come up against strongholds even some of those hardcore gays will soften up. I heard recently of one of those hardcore advocates that got saved while she was in a Gay Parade. God came to her in such conviction in that parade that she had to repent, she is now serving the Lord.

The problem is in the age we are living in. Women have become men and men have become women. It's the old old story and the doom of any nation or superpower of ages past.
Nothing has changed. Homosexuality is the apex of sin that brings down a nation, it seems it's God's measuring stick that once a nation makes laws in favour of this practise and pushes God out of it's borders, the nation ceases to be a nation.

The reason why the United States and nations alike are having trouble within and without especially the war on terror and with Muslim extremist is because God is doing that. It's God who is stirring up these nations to come against the United States because she is not listening to Him. It was God who stirred up the heathen kings of old and down through the ages and caused them to fulfill His bidding to whatever end He pleased.

More trouble is coming, but we who trust in Him will be protected. We will go through it, but it won't hurt our mind, we will endure it.

2012/1/21 21:07
roadsign

Re:

Reading these last few posts brings grief to me. It exposes a disturbing reality: There are people in the world who understand the nature of sin and its ravaging impact better than the people of God – and yes – better than even some who know every jot and title in the Holy Book.

Quote:
Because God abhors homosexuality in scripture, not anorexia. One is a sin, the other is not.

The term “anorexia” wasn’t even established till 1873. It did not exist in Paul’s day. No wonder Paul did not refer to it! Should he have?
Quote:
We need to remember to not add to the Lord's Word.

Should the Bible have addressed every issue in the 21st century Western world in order for them to be legitimate sin concerns? Are we at the center of things?

Quote:
Not in the bible

Quote:
We need to be careful in claiming that the two are equals. They are not. If so, the Lord would have said so.

These assertions demonstrate Oswald Chambers’ claim: That those who study only the Bible know nothing. They don’t know the Bible either. Scripture says plenty about people being lost in sin, prisoners, captives, and it says plenty about Jesus setting them free. And it says plenty about our calling to set them free through God’s only remedy: redemption.

Quote:
God abhors homosexuality in scripture, not anorexia.

Compare your statement to the words of another brother:

Quote:
She doesn't look healthy at all yet the fashion industry wants them that way. Yuck!

Yuck is right. Something is dreadfully wrong if we are not abhorred by these emaciated skeletons with sunken eyes, hair loss, broken fingernails. They are on the path of death, sometimes rapidly. Their heart and other functions shut down. Without crisis intervention they die. Many are! And God is not abhorred by that?!!!!!

But we can’t stop at merely expressing our aversion – as in: Yuck! God forbid! May God turn our repulsions into compassion – so that we can see beyond the ugliness and see the hidden heart crying for something that only God can give.

Anorexics use starvation as a survival tool, a means of having some measure of control, and note also: They hate their own bodies. They starve themselves in order to obliterate their sexuality - any sign of their femininity. Do you see here some possible similarities with homosexuality?

Quote:
Homosexuality is the apex of sin that brings down a nation, it seems it's God's measuring stick

Talk about adding to the Bible. This is quite a hefty addendum: God scapegoating a select group of lost sinners for a nation’s sins. Meanwhile we have so many people in our life paths who are on death’s path, in Satan’s grip – the direct result of human sinfulness –society’s in conjunction with their own.

Let’s admit: Many homosexuals to a large extent are functioning quite well. They are our doctors, lawyers, musicians, clergy. They can be quite polite. In fact, in many ways they aren’t much different than many among the people of God: upstanding, righteous.. proud, and have no need of a thing. They are not blind, wretched, naked, and poor – no… not in their own eyes. But who will be held more accountable before God? Is it not those who have been given much – that is the good news of Christ, the Scriptures, a rich heritage of leaders, literature, etc. Is it acceptable, in our own state, to give ourselves a clean bill of health and expect some “gentile sinners” to be the lightening rod for God’s wrath?

Quote:
It worries me when people start making 'medical' justification for sin.

Rightly so! Yet God’s people march to the same mantra as culture. The church expects medical science to explain and correct our social/emotional/spiritual disturbances. We aren’t doing it ourselves. Indeed, science as blessed as it has been, can dull the excruciating effects of sin on the world, and shield us from conviction. In that way it can be just as idolatrous for the world as for the church. So, should we not be just as merciful to homosexuals who appeal to science as we would wish for ourselves for doing the same thing?

Quote:
More trouble is coming, …. but it won't hurt our mind, we will endure it.

Yes! And No! It does hurt our minds intensely to discover that maybe we were not so right after all. God revolutionizes our minds through testings and trials – and we discover that we have been deceived, misguided…. and then we become broken and contrite. Think of how much King David’s mind hurt when he faced his own sin!

Quote:
we who trust in Him will be protected

Amen! God disciplines us like a Father – with tender mercy lest we be destroyed completely.

Now that I have rambled on, I admit, I realize how pitifully lame my words really are. Who am I to break through our spiritual darkness, our coldness – even my own! That’s God’s job. And so I plead with God to soften our hearts. May he enliven our zealous passion for the things of God with a vibrant compassion for the HEART of God.

Diane

2012/1/22 7:05Profile

Re:

"Talk about adding to the Bible. This is quite a hefty addendum".

We are adding to the bible everyday, even Paul said that we are living epistles known and read of all men. Whether it's written down or lived out, it's still an epistle, it's still a testimony and we should want that, and yes, I add that to the bible that is in my heart. Besides, that warning about adding was only given for the book of Revelation, "the prophecy of this book".

As for the topic, yes, I am well aware of many gays that are in leadership, we have Doctors, lawyers etc.. but since when does an occupation excuses one of weakening a nation?

During the day they are tending to their work, during the night they are doing what they don't want you to know about. I have seen professionals that I have known during the day doing their work circling the red district seeking to satisfy their lust with some boy. The image they want the world to see is that "we are like everyone else" but in secret they are animals.

The sin of harlotry, homosexuality is not like other sins. Oh we say it's not, but we react differently when it's spoken of. It carries with it such shame that even those that have been delivered from it are scared to mention their deliverance in a testimony service. There is rejection before they got delivered and rejection afterwards. Since the price to say it is high they don't bother. Rather they just go along with what everyone else accepts as acceptable sins that a man has been mixed up with, namely, alcohol and drugs. It's only in Churches that have a higher attendance of former homosexuals that one can be safe in delivering their testimony without fear of other members keeping their distance.

2012/1/22 10:06

Re:

"Because God abhors homosexuality in scripture, not anorexia. One is a sin, the other is not."

I agree with Dian, this is disheartening to read.

Anorexia and Bulimia is a spirit of fear. The healing process of these individuals can be long but the root problem is a spirit that has them in a grip of fear. The same is true of homosexuals, the healing process is long, but the root problem is an effeminate spirit that has twisted their ideas of what a man should be in the normal sense of the word. The goal is not for him to desire women, rather that he become whole in God. And if he desires a woman after that, all the power to him.

Anorexics usually are heavy drinkers, especially Vodka or other harder qualities that don't have a lot of calories. They are very picky during the day with how they eat, bread is not one of them. Saving up their calorie intake for the drinking binge later on. The problems that these people have are no different than homosexuals, the past play a big role in their lives as they have never been able to forget about certain traumas that have affected them, therefore they are still children living in adult bodies. They must deal with the problem before they are able to move on, otherwise they will continue on until their bodies can no longer support them.

Anything that is not of faith is sin. Anorexia is not of faith, therefore the actions of that these people are doing is a sin, yet they are in every sense of the word, sick. Why? because Anorexics is just not one sickness, it brings with it a host of other spirits more wicked then the first and dwell in that person with other problems like we mentioned, drinking, drugs, perversions, harlotry, and this list can go on and on.

2012/1/22 10:28
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
Anything that is not of faith is sin. Anorexia is not of faith...

I agree. I stand corrected on Anorexia not being sin. If it is not of faith, it is sin.

My issue is that claiming there are more destructive things in the world then homosexuality. Homesex leads to Hell. At least put all sin in the same category...

Quote:
Who am I to break through our spiritual darkness, our coldness – even my own! That’s God’s job. And so I plead with God to soften our hearts.

Sister, please tell me why we should soften our hearts towards sin? That is exactly what the world is asking us to do.

If we are to soften our hearts, it should be softened towards people, not their sin.

2012/1/22 14:10Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
Sister, please tell me why we should soften our hearts towards sin? That is exactly what the world is asking us to do.

Just curious, Miccah, How do you read this from my writings?

Diane

2012/1/22 15:32Profile

Re:

Dian said: "Now that I have rambled on, I admit, I realize how pitifully lame my words really are. Who am I to break through our spiritual darkness, our coldness – even my own! That’s God’s job. And so I plead with God to soften our hearts. May he enliven our zealous passion for the things of God with a vibrant compassion for the HEART of God."

Miccah, what Dian is saying after writing all that she wrote, she is 'basically' saying with a huge sigh said, "it's not my job to soften hearts, it's not even my job to force anyone to think the way I think, that is God's job".

So she pleads with God to soften our hearts. She didn't say anything about being soft toward sin. You need to read more of her postings, she is not one of those people that are soft on sin, if she was, she wouldn't be on SI.

2012/1/22 15:43

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy