SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is the denial of the eternal Sonship of Christ a damnable heresy?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Jesus Christ does have an everlasting Kingdom; 2 Peter 1:11

Jesus Christ does have everlasting power and Honor; 1 Tim 6:16

In Christ and He in me forever with the Holy Spirit in me forever also, even the Fathers Nature making His abode with the Son in me giving eternal life.

We are born again eternally in Christ Jesus the only Begotten Son of the Father, without Christ in us being eternal we would not be eternal either. John 3:16

Phillip

2012/1/16 15:17Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

God sent His eternal Son to earth. You cannot "send" someone that does not exist. He was born of a woman, conceived by the Holy Spirit. That is how He came into being in human form.

God did not have a baby boy.

The Son always existed within the Godhead.

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Pilgrim

2012/1/16 15:38Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Amen and He is eternal, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the Last. Rev 1:18 "behold I am alive forevermore."

"Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. He lives today and is still the fulness of the Godhead. In us bodily by His eternal Spirit.

In Christ, The Son of God, forever.

2012/1/16 15:43Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: """God did not have a baby boy."""

I don't understand this one. What was in the manger birthed of the virgin Mary?

In Christ: Phillip

2012/1/16 16:24Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Philip, that was not the first time Jesus Christ existed.

Jesus always existed.

2012/1/16 17:00Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

I understand Jesus is eternal past and future, but it was the first time He was incarnate in the body prepared for Him.

2012/1/16 18:29Profile
PrimaDogma

Re:

// Likewise, if the doctrine of eternal Sonship be not true, to hold to it shows that the Holy Spirit is not testifying to one of Christ. One or the other is not being testified to by the Spirit, which leads to the conclusion that one or the other has not been born again.//

I already said this. Your allegiance to the a priori calvincom hypostasis doctrine proves that you have received the Spirit; JiG's rejection of it proves that she hath not the Spirit and is therefore unsaved.

As the scripture says, "The fruit of the Spirit is correct Christological formulations."

2012/1/16 19:00Profile

Re:

Quote:
"The fruit of the Spirit is correct Christological formulations."

If only you knew what the Spirit of God does....

Grow up Wayneman....

OJ

2012/1/16 20:24

Re:

Well - I can stay "silent with Good posts" - but when WHO Jesus is is being misrepresented - I really need to say that you, Joe are discussing something about Incarnational-Sonship that you don't truly understand or are merely intentionally misrepresenting.

WHO was in the burning bush that Moses had been talking to and had all of those experiences with on the mountain and spoke and wrote the words on the tablet?
Easy question, I would hope - because HE gives His Name - "I AM".

Jesus called Himself "I AM" while on earth.

Some people believe that the one we know now as Jesus, was back up in Heaven, waiting for GOD to come back from that mountain and burning bush.

The One we know as Jesus IS INDEED ETERNAL.

It's the ABSOLUTE CO-EQUALITY that most can't grasp.

The LORD our GOD is ONE GOD.

The greatest of the greatest scholars have their time of explaining the Triune GODHead as well.

No where in Scripture is Jesus called The Eternal Son - but He IS The Eternal GOD - The Word of GOD from eternity past till Eternity Future {Rev 19} and The ONE GOD that HE was in the O.T. from Rev 21 on.

WE do not deny the incarnate Son.

To prove a belief wrong - you need to understand what they believe - and not make it up as you go along - just to be able to call them unsaved.

Very biased and unfair scholarship.

THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD. Tripartite as we are body, soul and spirit - made in His Image - three equal independent yet working in conjunction [in His Case] - not ours.
He walked the walk that He did while on earth so that we'd learn how to walk as body, soul and spirit - the same way He walked. GOD became a man. The Son of GOD & Son of man.

He walked in dependence on GOD in Heaven [first time He was seperated from being in the bosom of The Father] as He never needed to before His Incarnation as man - because HE is The same I AM that Moses talked to and saw in the bush and hind parts.

It is so much more than what you are presenting.
Honoring "The One True GOD".

IF He were the Son as we know He was on earth, "Man/flesh/as we" - BEFORE the incarnation - He'd have been 'under' The Father but any "Word" that came from GOD is The Word of GOD ... such as from Genesis - "Let US make man in OUR Image" is The Word of GOD speaking that we know now as The One that came in human form and repeatedly the Word says that it was on a specific day that He became the Sone of man [in our human form].

Many are posting Scriptures that do not reflect how anyone believing that HE is The Same GOD that spoke and did all those works in the O.T. is still the One that took on Human flesh and was named "Ieous" Yehoshua at His conception.

It's amazing that GOD would take our form to be the sacrifice for our sins, send us HIS Spirit and be the compassionate high Priest that has tasted all that we have and now intercedes for us ... until All things come to completetion from Revelation 21 on .......

Every description and Name of GOD in the Old Testament is and always be the same Name and description of The One we know now as "Jesus".

If we can't see that HE 'is' the Same GOD of the entire O.T. and that those words are HIS Words and actions - then we have two Gods.

That's the only and main point of contention.

We don't have three Gods - and because we can't properly explain The Three in One to the Jewish people - we can't witness properly to them.

The majority do not see the words and acts of GOD through-out the entire Old Testament as being Jesus.

They've unknowingly made the trinity - tri-theism... if even ever so slightly.

We are taking away from He Who said - "I AM" in the O.T. & New.

The Eternal "I AM" became flesh and died to purchase our salvation.

He did not take on the form of human flesh until the Incarnation. He was the firstborn of many brethren/sons.
The second born - the last Adam - the "''begotten'' Son".

HE is The Same GOD - eternity past and future. The Whole of what we call our Bible speaks of Him - as The Almighty GOD.

2012/1/16 21:05

Re:

Quote:
WHO was in the the burning bush that Moses had been talking to and had all of those experiences with on the mountain and spoke and wrote the words on the tablet?

It was the Son of God.

Who did Abraham see in Gen 17:1?

Same answer.

No man hath seen the Father at any time.

OJ

2012/1/16 21:14

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy