Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I’m not trying to pick apart anything you’ve written but in love I want to address this sentence. It seems as a blanket statement this sentence can be very misleading to others and promote fear. I say that only because we have another thread by soulrider who is afraid of anything of the “word” coming out of a Christian’s mouth because it will “involve” and “promote” the word of faith movement. And someone gave him that fear; do you see what I am trying to get at?

Sister, I do also believe God does the miraculous and especially to confirm the preaching at Gospel where God deems fit to do it. It is a sovereign thing and not something we can manufacture. That is the problem when you get a crowd together with the anticipation to be healed and they being Christians. And it is similar to John 6 where people were following Jesus just for the bread. God is just as able to heal Christians in their bedroom as they are in an environment of emotion, loud music, and a preacher yelling and working up the crowd. Both can be valid but it seems more genuine and biblical that simple faith heals people. Or a simple laying on the hands of Elders.

My other concern after watching some of the videos which are very emotional, well down and stir you with the fast moving pictures, sounds and preaching. But the concern is slain in the Spirit phenomenon. Something that is not seen in the early church, acts of the apostles nor in church history till of late.

Zac Poonen on Slaying in the Spirit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWGuFALq-U8

I compiled an article from historical revival accounts showing that when people fell unconscious it was not anything like modern accounts but was always under great conviction of sin.

Revival Experiences: Slain In The Spirit by Greg Gordon
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14485&forum=16

and again here are some of the marks of counterfeit revivals in our day by Zac Poonen:

1. Most Christians today are not aware of what the New Testament teaches, because they have not studied it carefully; and so they follow the teachings of their leaders and not the teachings of the New Testament.

2. Miracles (supernatural gifts) have become more important to them than their character (a supernatural life).

3. Material wealth has become more important to them than spiritual wealth.

4. They are unable to distinguish between soulish frenzy or psychological manipulation, and the genuine moving of the Holy Spirit; the cause again is ignorance of the New Testament.

5. They are unable to distinguish between psychosomatic healing (healing that comes by right attitudes of the mind), and supernatural healing in Jesus' Name.

6. Emotional excitement and strange physical manifestations have become more important to them than the inward joy of the Lord.

---

My major concern though also is in the end times there will be great deception surrounding signs and wonders that are not false but real and will deceive people to believe a "wrong message".

Matthew 24:4 "“Watch out that no one deceives you."

Matthew 24:24 "For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible."

2 Thessalonians 2:9 " The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders"

2012/5/17 12:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy