SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Cult of Biblicism

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

You folks do realize that what is being promoted here this morning is not in tune with historical orthodox Christianity... right?

Yes, the Spirit will lead us into all truth. Yes, His sheep hear His voice. This is true. But He does so in conjunction with His written and preserved word... or, in the case of some remote tribe in Africa, according to the revelation given them.

We have the full revelation, as least as far as God deemed it necessary to reveal Himself, in the BIBLE. Together with His Spirit we are taught and led and matured. There is no divorcing one from the other.

This is a natural progression (or digression, I should say) due to the plethura of versions that have come out in the last 100 years. I'm not a KJV only-ist in that sense, but what all these new versions have created confusion... and now no one knows what to believe.

And we end up here... doubting the Word of God. And be sure of one thing, casting doubt on the very Word of God is exactly what is happening here. There is a LOT of ignorance and immaturity (and rebellion) being espoused here.

If no one else will call it what it is... I will.

It's things like this that caused me to vacate this forum, and I think perhaps it's time I seperate from it again.

Krispy

2012/1/12 11:35
pilgrim777

Re:

I don't doubt the Word of God - Jesus.

And I don't doubt the Bible.

I believe everything in the Bible. I don't believe Creation is a myth. I believe in Noah's Ark and the flood and that it took place, I believe David slew Goliath with a sling, etc, etc. There is not a thing in the Bible that I believe is superstition or a myth.

Where is anyone saying that the Bible is being doubted or the Word of God, Jesus is being doubted?

Pilgrim

2012/1/12 11:38Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

pilgrim777, Krispy is right.

I would ask that you pray on it. Once we start to believe in ourselves over the Word, we have turned a scary corner.

His Word will NEVER go against His written Word. Ever.

2012/1/12 11:43Profile

Re:

Quote:
Where is anyone saying that the Bible is being doubted or the Word of God, Jesus is being doubted?

It's been stated repeatidly in this discussion that the Word contains errors, mistranslations, etc... thats doubt. If there are errors in the Bible then it draws the whole book into question. Thats the only conclusion we can come to when we apply "logic".

There is no doubt that certain translations do. The Message is horrible. But do we believe that God was incapable of preserving His Word? That it was lost over time?

My God is bigger than that.

Krispy

2012/1/12 11:43
pilgrim777

Re:

So, Krispy, using your own words. With all these "plethura of versions" what is the Word of God in your opinion?

Who is casting doubt on the Bible except maybe translators.

No one here is. People are trying to make a distinction between worshipping the letter as the Pharisees did and worshipping the Living Word of God.

If we truly believe the written letter is the Living Word of God, Jesus Christ Himself, then why is the Church letting the Lord be marred by translators?

Do you see what you are saying?

Pilgrim

2012/1/12 11:44Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Quote:
It's been stated repeatidly in this discussion that the Word contains errors, mistranslations, etc... thats doubt. If there are errors in the Bible then it draws the whole book into question. Thats the only conclusion we can come to when we apply "logic".

Can you answer some questions for clarity sake?

Do you dispute that there are errors and mistranslations in some of today's Bible versions?

Do you believe everyone should be reading the correct Bible version and then will know the correct Jesus? Which one is it?

Do you believe that some don't know the right Jesus because they aren't using the right translation?

Thanks,
Pilgrim

2012/1/12 11:48Profile

Re:

Quote:
So then what can we believe? The Bible we have today is "littered with mistakes, mistranslated phrases and quotes, which makes the scriptures contradict itself".

We are all hopelessly lost, and the Bible can not be trusted.

No, we are not lost, we have to work a little harder to get the true meaning of any verse that's discussed. Many individuals have been inspired to teach and correct these anomalies. These days we have an arsenal of tools at our disposal to help us discern the truth. Strong's Dictionary of Greek and Hebrew Words is helpful as well as many other resources out there.

2012/1/12 11:54

Re:

Listen... we dont worship the paper or ink. We dont use God's Word to our own advantage, or to rule over people, etc. We agree on that. That would be worshipping it (putting it above God).

But the Bible is God's revelation about Himself. It is the story of redemption. It is how God communicates with His people. It's how we learn about Him. He teaches us thru the Spirit, using His written and revealed Word.

Thats why unbelievers can not understand or comprehend it. They are missing the key ingredient: the Spirit.

Conversly, if someone is a believer they have the Spirit... but if they never open their Bible they also can not be taught.

But again, I state... the problem in the church today at large is NOT that people think too highly of the Bible! My goodness, who is foolish enough to entertain that idea? For several decades now "believers" have ignored the Bible and relied on emotionalism, feelings... and "the Spirit" to lead them and guide them... and we now have a train wreck in most churches in America.

Yes, we need the Spirit!! But we also need the very Words of God!

I'm not going to get drawn into another stupid debate about versions. Most people dont know what they are talking about when it comes to that issue, but it rarely stops anyone from voicing their opinions... and it leads to arguments... and then the thread gets locked... etc etc.

Krispy

2012/1/12 11:55

Re:

Quote:
No, we are not lost, we have to work a little harder to get the true meaning of any verse that's discussed. Many individuals have been inspired to teach and correct these anomalies. These days we have an arsenal of tools at our disposal to help us discern the truth. Strong's Dictionary of Greek and Hebrew Words is helpful as well as many other resources out there.

So the Word of God is very important then!

Krispy

2012/1/12 11:56

Re:

Quote:
Can you answer some questions for clarity sake?

Do you dispute that there are errors and mistranslations in some of today's Bible versions?

Do you believe everyone should be reading the correct Bible version and then will know the correct Jesus? Which one is it?

Do you believe that some don't know the right Jesus because they aren't using the right translation?

Brother, you should know by now that bating me is the fastest way to get me NOT to answer your questions. :-)

Krispy

2012/1/12 11:59

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy