SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Woman Teaching, Minor or Major doctrine?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
pilgrim777

Re:

Quote:
How do you know you follow Jesus? If it is not through His oral or His written Word? What do you use to know that you are following Him?

The Bible says that the "Spirit of God will lead us into all truth".

I knew about the truth of John 8:12 as a new Christian even before I ever read it. How did I know that truth? Through the Spirit of Truth. We don't have to read it first to know it. When I did eventually read it, the Scripture confirmed the truth that the Holy Spirit already had spoken to me.

Let me ask you a question, too. Why were the Pharisees so sure that they were of God and following God? What did they use to know that and be so sure about it?

Kindly,
Pilgrim

2012/1/12 10:57Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

pilgrim777.

So anything that you believe that the Lord has shown you is ok and from Jesus?

Please, enough with the Pharasee comparisons, unless you want to start hearing the "heretic" comparisons. :-)

2012/1/12 11:02Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Quote:
So anything that you believe that the Lord has shown you is ok and from Jesus?

I did not say that. And I don't believe that. True, the Spirit of God is authoritative, but I don't always hear correctly. When we hide the word of God in our heart, God will give it life by His Spirit. God by His Spirit (which is the 3rd person of the Trinity) will give the letters I have hid in my heart, life (understanding, meaning).

The Living Word gives the Letter, life.

Without the Spirit of God, I am just abusing people with the Bible the same way that the _____________ did.

:-)

Pilgrim

2012/1/12 11:25Profile

Re:

I should have mentioned in my post last night that there are about 6 or more Adult Sunday schools in the Church I spoke about, where the missionary couple share in just one of them. Each class is on a different book of the Bible or topic, like evangelism.
It's really nice to be able to choose which class you'd be interested in and that one class I mentioned is the only one where there's a woman, though I think this year they do have one class that is for women by women as well.
That's a PCA church [not PCUSA] down south - not where I live now.

Shalom, friends

2012/1/12 11:26
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
Without the Spirit of God, I am just abusing people with the Bible the same way that the _____________ did.

lol. Made me smile. :-)

2012/1/12 11:29Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re:

Quote:
by Miccah:
Please. Stop the attacks that have no bearing on the conversation.

I’m sorry you felt attacked and think that I threatened to leave or had to have my way. We've both been on here awhile Miccah, do you really believe that I called anyone a, “"legalist", "immature in the faith", "hindering revival", "not knowing grace"...”. If you do, please show me where.

I thought this was a thread about to go or not to go to a church where women are teaching Sunday school but has since become a debate about women not being allowed to preach. And I admit that I did say, “Yes, I minister,’ you caught me!! (just joking) But within the context of the thread and in the firestorm of opposition, I did not believe that admitting three little words, “Yes, I minister,” would be considered “boasting” by you (or anyone). I apologize for boasting, that was not my intention at all.

And when I said, “I wonder if half of those who disagree actually leave their computer room or church to work with the lost to actually apply what they believe first hand...” After reading your list of accomplishments, obviously that statement was not meant for you, I don’t even know why you even bothered answering! You’ve way out done anything I have done for the Lord. That statement was not meant for you.

God bless you and God bless your expanding family brother!!
Lisa

2012/1/12 11:29Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Glad you smiled. That was the intended and hoped for reaction. :-)

I know we all love God and love each other and keeping a good-heartedness towards each other is so important in maintaining healthy conversations. If I stumble, please let me know, it is not my intention.

The whole Bible to me is JESUS versus RELIGION or the TREE OF LIFE versus THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL. God's ways versus Man's ways.

In the end, JESUS TRIUMPHS over everything.

Great talking with you,
Pilgrim

2012/1/12 11:35Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Lysa. Believe it or not, I am enjoying the conversation here on this topic with you and the others. It may not seem that way at time. It is also hard to convey "feeling" on a keyboard. :-)

I do not hold punches. So if I come off as brash, I appologize. The Lord is still working in me, teaching me His ways.

It is when those of us (yes, I include myself in this category) that believe that the Bible is clear on a subject, are placed in the boxes of legalists, immature in the faith, etc... tends to get me worked up.

I see so much of the Word being thrown away these days. So when I see Christians (you and others) who I believe are throwing out the Word, it bothers me to the point of rebuke.

Please forgive me for being harsh. Even if I believe that I support the correct side, I do need to learn mercy and grace better and better.

Blessings sister.

2012/1/12 11:39Profile

Re:

Quote:
I love how those of us who follow the Bible are called "legalist", "immature in the faith", "hindering revival", "not knowing grace"...

Well, if you are following the Bible you should remember that "there is none that doeth good, no not one" believe it or not, no not even Miccah or OJ!

So why do you rail against it when confronted by it??? Just curious....

OJ

2012/1/12 12:10
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

What is your question OJ? I am not understanding what you are asking. Never once have I claimed to be good.

What am I railing against? If it is non-Biblical teachings you are talking about, then yes. I do rail against those, since they are unscriptual.

2012/1/12 12:37Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy