SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Woman Teaching, Minor or Major doctrine?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
pilgrim777

Re:

We certaily are in it together. I spend most of my time on a non-christian forum standing for the truth and wanted to come back here for some, er, refreshment. Did not know I would be wrestlin'. Tough crowd here but they're my brothas and sistas and it is always sweet to find those that know Him. A lot of people have had patience with me in life and I really am thankful to them.

:-)

Pilgrim

2012/1/11 19:56Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
Tough crowd here

God’s grace builders :-)

2012/1/11 20:05Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Amen! We would not know grace if there was no law/legalism.

...and I will give you rest for your souls.

2012/1/11 20:24Profile

Re:

Quote:
Is it ok for a Homosexual or a Lesbian to teach? Why or why not?

OK, rabbit trail time!! :-)

That depends on what you mean by OK, and OK to whom, please clarify, noting Phil 1:15-18 where God allows even His enemies to promote Him, but does not condone them or what they are doing because of it.

Next, please look at it in light of James 2:10 where ALL of us are guilty of all sin (including sodomy) for the very least of sin, and then tell me what is best. IE Does God see your sin of omission as any less offensive than their sin of sodomy? And remember: God is no respecter of persons. Next, being guilty of sodomy, are you and I disqualified from preaching?

The lesson from Balaam's ass is that if God wants someone, anyone, to do something, it will get done whether it is OK or not!

Fodder for thought:
A missionary story I read some years ago, but can't recall the origin, goes something like this.
Missionary goes to island of cannibals.
Chief cannibal is saved.
Reduces human consumption but still has odd snack on human.
During this time he preaches to other cannibals.
Others are then saved and converted.
Finally quits human consumption after others helped him.

Was it 'OK' that he taught others while still being a cannibal? One of the keys to this account was found in the fact that he wasn't proudly a cannibal at any time, like Job he had shame. Other cannibals could try to follow in his footsteps, but none may.

Often times the answer comes down to: Maybe, it depends on the person, place, and will of God in the matter! Sorry to grey up the black and white...

Patiently awaits tar and feathers....

OJ

2012/1/11 20:58
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re:

Diane and Pilgrim (and anyone else I might have forgot), God bless you both for your willingness to hang in there!! I've enjoyed both your posts and learned much from them.

I am going to do what the Lord has called me to do and not let the naysayers drag me down. Yes, I minister and know I'm not sinning ongoingly doing it; I wondering if half of those who disagree actually leave their computer room or church to work with the lost to actually apply what they believe first hand.

God bless you guys,
Lisa

2012/1/11 21:02Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
We would not know grace if there was no law/legalism.

Yes legalism by nature produces death (the letter kills). Yet good can come from that: For what dies is raised in the newness of the Spirit. And we discover grace!

“He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant —not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.” 2 Corinthians 3:6

Old Joe: Good post! It’s seasoned with grace!

Lisa: God bless you in your ministry! May God make you competent as a minister (servant) of the new covenant.

Diane

2012/1/11 21:10Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Hey there Lisa,

Definitely do what the Lord has called you to do. A Sister reminded me today of the following;

"If they (men) would go to mission stations across the world, hopefully they would be appalled at the dearth of men in leading roles - because the men are still at home!"

I know Sisters that go to men's prisons to preach the Gospel.

You are an inspiration, Lisa. You're not just behind a computer but are following His leading. Follow Him and don't be dissuaded.

Pilgrim

2012/1/11 21:16Profile

Re:

Quote:
I know Sisters that go to men's prisons to preach the Gospel.

Kudos to them, but having done the same I found the gospel to be relatively welcome in prison. If you want a dangerous place to preach the gospel to the vilest of the vile where it ISN'T welcome, try it in a church!

OJ

2012/1/11 23:40

Re:

Good gravy! :D I posted and was out for the day and look at this thread. How funny is this!

Quote:
How did God lead His people in the 1400 to 1600 years before the printing press without everyone having The Word of God in their possession to compare it to?

Sorry Lisa, I didn't realize that I hadn't answered this. I hitch-hike on some unsecured wireless connection, as I've said, and it fades in and out - so GOD only knows what I've missed.

Anyhow - John 16:13,14 applies to that situation as well.

Now to try to answer the other points regarding what I posted ... Wow! I need to stop giggling first.

OK, first, we're talking about teaching doctrine and teaching in "the assembly".

Secondly, I see authority over men in that same verse we're discussing so I see those two going hand in hand, despite that there's an "or" between them, in that verse.

We're talking New Testament only here. Right? This is where I get a bit tizzied because we call those that use the O.T. legalists, normally, but when we want to prove some point outside of what's written in the New Covenant - we use the O.T..

I need to get the topic that's got me giggling so much out first. Maybe it's not funny in His eyes, so I better go for that one first.

I said I woke feeling that love for His Church and called that love an "emotion" and off the thread went for more than one page about "women and emotions" and if emotions are OK or not.
GOOD GRAVY... when I wake up with 'that' Love for His Church, that sure ain't my flesh --- it's Him.
What else do you call "feeling love" besides an emotion?
Is there another word I could have used to describe Him loving His Church and allowing me to feel it as well? MaMaMia!

I wish we all could have such an emotion. When we know very well that it isn't originating from 'us' - it's a blessing beyond any other feelings of love in the world.

Joe, sharing on a forum is not teaching men in the assembly. The whole context here is in the Assembly.

I've tried to keep my conversations with ladies as much as possible on these threads, but if a Brother posts between us - well - what are we to do - ignore him?

Nope - we're just a bunch of brothers and sisters here, drinking coffee and sharing our thoughts, as if we were meeting for coffee [or whatever] at a local restaurant together. :p

Now, I have to differ with that article by John MacArthur in that he said that a women cannot "prophesy" in the Assembly. Where were the women that Paul told to cover their heads when prophesying? Surely not alone somewhere.
In the AoG, women do prophesy during the service, but when visiting a Church that doesn't practice those things - I believe The Holy Spirit doesn't force these things on them and the woman wouldn't be used that way in those other denominations. But, He may give her a properly worded message to give to the Pastor after the service. That's what I am used to and it's been well received.

Sticky topic and I haven't fully expressed all that I believe on this thread but Have over the yrs on other threads on this topic.

We were taught by retired female missionaries in that AoG college. No problem that I see with learning from them.
In my last Church, a husband and wife team of older missionaries teach the adult class - but she mainly uses the teachings and books of men and let's the class discuss what she's read. That's not teaching doctrine herself nor usurping authority. But she and her husband take turns and he sits there and participates when she's up there and she's normally quiet when he's up there. And when they're out on another missions trip - the Pastor's wife will take over for them and she's one of the best I've ever heard and wish she'd do it a lot more.

One thing I know for certain - but you guys don't know, is that I'm not a legalist but I ain't going to try to 'prove' it to you all because it wouldn't do a bit of good, for either side of this discussion to do so. It's my secret :p

A short time back I went off the forum again because I felt that we could not disagree without all but hating those who disagreed with us and it hit my [emotional :] heart like a spear. But, I sought counsel on the matter of posting and was told to get back in here with those I care very much about - BUT, I see where we act like High School kids - forming clicks instead of trying to bring unity and that was the one word "unity" that caused me that hurt enough to leave off again.

No, we won't all agree, this side of seeing Him - but we cannot get away from those verses on His Love. WE are not perfect - None of us - but if we Love one another - Love covers a multitude of sins in HIS eyes.

Unless a person speaks vulgar, we shouldn't shun anyone here.

I too was on an unsaved site and I'll have to say that they cared more about each other than we have here.
Every morning they'd sign-in for a "How are you?" thread and each member would post what was up with them that day or just say "Good Morning, I'm alive and here."

Makes me sad to remember how nice that caring was 'there'.

Well, about rabbit-trails - I really love rabbits. Great pets they are.

Have a Blessed Thursday, all!

2012/1/12 0:04
pilgrim777

Re:

Quote:
Kudos to them, but having done the same I found the gospel to be relatively welcome in prison. If you want a dangerous place to preach the gospel to the vilest of the vile where it ISN'T welcome, try it in a church!

You got a point there! Or in an online forum.

2012/1/12 0:34Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy