SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Woman Teaching, Minor or Major doctrine?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
pilgrim777

Re:

Always appreciate your point of view Old_Joe.

And that is a great quote:
"Faith allows you to do things that law doesn't."

Such as having mercy and compassion.

Here is what Law allows. The death penalty for an assortment of crimes.

Blasphemy (Leviticus 24:11,13-14)
Contacting spirits (Leviticus 20:26-27)
Working on the Sabbath (Numbers 20:26-27)
Worshipping false gods (Deuteronomy 17:2-5)
False prophets who deceive the people to reject God (Deuteronomy 13:1-5)
Influencing others to worship false gods (Deuteronomy 13:6-10)
Disobedience of a child including gluttony and drunkeness (Deuteronomy 21:18-21)
A new bride not being a virgin (Deuteronomy 22:13-14,21)
Adultery (Deuteronomy 22:22)
Rape and fornication of an engaged (married) woman (Deuteronomy 22:23-24)

Old_Joe,

We could also turn it around and say that LAW allows things that Faith will try to stop.

There was nothing in the commandments of God that allowed Jesus to heal on the Sabbath. Law did not allow that or going through the corn fields to eat. He also interfered when an adulterer was being stoned (Deut 22:22).

"Without faith it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God..." Heb 11:6

Take care bro,
Pilgrim

2012/1/12 20:57Profile

Re:

When we call clear commands to obey Him by loving our brothers "paint" - we've got a real problem.

If you can't love your brothers - how can you love GOD, John wrote, and if you can't love your brothers - how do you expect to love your enemies?

I believe we're getting mighty close to situational ethics here as well - as there is something working to cause some to say and/or question "Hath God said?", by all these recent threads.

The serpent was the wisest guy in the garden ... I do believe he trying awfully hard of late to replace The Word with 'something' -

we were taught that men or the enemy only replace The Word with that something, when either desire to be followed.

The true "Spirit" or man of GOD will reverence and lift up The Word and jealously guard it ... not replace it with their own words.
That's been a true safeguard against being deceived by men or the enemy. A protection against deception and deceivers.

Psa 56:4 In God I will praise His word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.
Psa 56:10 In God will I praise His word: in the LORD will I praise His word.
Psa 138:2 ..for thou hast magnified Thy word above all Thy name.

2012/1/12 23:56

Re:

It is just the paint you prefer to use in every instance when your righteousness is proven non-existent, you defer to something you are to do rather than something that He has done. This is paint. You do this because your hope depends upon YOUR righteousness, not His!!

Quote:
If you can't love your brothers - how can you love GOD

That is backwards, but it is what you always do, put the work of man ahead of the work of God!!! It doesn't work that way.

Lift this one up, "all your righteousnesses are as filthy rags"

OJ

2012/1/13 0:12

Re:

I understand that you're miserable since you equated your life with Job's and understand that misery loves company - but judging your brother or sister that you don't know is also a dangerous thing, according to His Word.

1Jn 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

[eta] backwards?

2012/1/13 0:17

Re:

OJ, this sermon you posted on your website is good ...

http://www.theinvisiblechurch.ca/sanctify/A_Call_to_Holy_Living.html

2012/1/13 0:28

Re:

Don't know you, that's actually pretty funny, you forget our conversations?

There are a number of heresies that you hold to, a pretty big one being denial of the eternal Sonship of Christ. That one alone is enough for me to question your sistership.

Remember John 15:26 "...he shall testify of me" does the Holy Spirit testify to you of the denial of the eternal Sonship of Christ?

OJ

2012/1/13 0:40

Re:

Yes it is pretty good, do you live up to it?? Do you figure living up to it counts for anything? Even living up to it Paul saw himself as nothing more than an unprofitable servant.

OJ

2012/1/13 0:42

Re:

No, I surely haven't forgotten anything that we've discussed. That's why I keep posting the commands to love, Joe.
If you "don't consider any man here to be your brother" - than I can only post scripture, to love your enemies.

Ho - not believing in the eternal Sonship is worthy of being burned at the stake, and with green wood at that. :)

Love ya, Joe!

2012/1/13 0:50

Re:

You've got me thinking, Joe. If you love your enemy: you that are spiritual will correct them - right?
So if you believe, Joe, "There are a number of heresies that you hold to" - then why is it that no 'man' has tried to correct me on the eternal Sonship controversy since I've been here?

I'm stuck on the tenses of these verses -

Act 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, "this day have I begotten thee."

Heb 1:5,6 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, "this day" have I begotten thee? And again, I "will be" to Him a Father, and He "shall be" to me a Son? And again, "when" He bringeth in the "firstbegotten" into the world, He saith, And let all the angels of God worship Him.

Heb 5:5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, "to day" have I begotten thee.

Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; "this day" have I begotten thee.

Psa 89:26,27 He "shall" cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation. Also "I 'will' make" him [my] "firstborn", higher than the kings of the earth.

Also these two, for Who I believe He is, in Eternity past and Eternity future -

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and His name is called The Word of God.

And while you're at it - since you accuse of "a Number of heresies" - If you would - point out for this woman what the others are, that you see and lead me into what you see would be sound doctrine or maybe some other Brother could set me straight, once you point out the others.

Grateful!

Eph 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, "and [thus] Glorify your Father which is in Heaven."

[A.T. Robertson: Mat 5:16 "Even so (houtōs). The adverb points backward to the lamp-stand. Thus men are to let their light shine, not to glorify themselves, but “your Father in heaven.” Light shines to see others by, not to call attention to itself."]

Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works

Tit 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

2Ti 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2012/1/13 2:05
roadsign

Re:

Just backing up a page. I was intrigued by Pilgrim’s question:

Quote:
"What do I think about when you read the word "commandments" in the Bible.

Now I ask:
What word/precept/law did the psalmist of Psalm 119 have in mind?
Do we beguile this entire psalm by assuming he is referring MERELY to the written word - ie the Torah?

As in here:

Quote:
I said, "the written commandments of the Bible" (of course)! This is the same mistake the Hebrew Roots Movement makes and why people can be so easily beguiled by them if the written word is more authoritative to them than Jesus Christ.

Diane

2012/1/13 9:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy