SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Woman Teaching, Minor or Major doctrine?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Just reading this this morning. Chock full of meaning for the heart -

Joh 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Joh 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Joh 15:14 Ye are my friends, If ye do whatsoever I command you.

2012/1/12 14:35

Re:

More paint for you I see.

as you read it you should see the upper limits of a man's love are defined as laying down his life for a friend. Christ goes infinitely further I'm laying down His life for His ENEMIES. There is a world of difference between the two.

OJ

2012/1/12 15:17
pilgrim777

Re:

Quote:
Joh 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Joh 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Joh 15:14 Ye are my friends, If ye do whatsoever I command you.

Great scriptures from Jesus-is-God.

What should a born-again person having God's Spirit living in them, think about when they read the word "commandment" in the Bible?

What do you think Jesus thought about?

Blessings,
Pilgrim

2012/1/12 15:29Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
What do you think Jesus thought about?

Why don't you tell us pilgrim777, you apparently know it better then He who wrote it.

2012/1/12 15:38Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Well, someone once asked me the same question. I thought it was a fair question and wanted to learn. His question to me was: "What do I think about when you read the word "commandments" in the Bible. I said, "the written commandments of the Bible" (of course)! This is the same mistake the Hebrew Roots Movement makes and why people can be so easily beguiled by them if the written word is more authoritative to them than Jesus Christ.

He continued, "what do you think about when you come across words in the Bible like "precepts, statutes, word" etc? I thought, well, the Bible of course!

Maybe these verses by Jesus can shed some light on what I am getting at.

Jesus said this:

John 10:32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

He did not say, "for what scriptures that I am not keeping, do you stone me." He healed the sick, raised the dead, spoke words of life to people, explained parables, spoke prophetically, etc, etc.

From John 10:32 we can assume that His Father was speaking to Him apart from the letter for there is no place in the letter that told Jesus to put mud on someone's eyes. He got that directly from His Father.

These good works came from His Father as Jesus indicated.

Notice, that Jesus is not pointing to the Bible, here.

John 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

John 10:38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

"That the Father is in me, and I in Him".

John 16:3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor ME.

He did not say the "because they have not known the Bible" here. He said, "they will do these things unto you because they have not known the Father nor me".

John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

As Jesus hears His Father, He acts.

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Blessings to you,
Pilgrim

"The Bible is not an end in itself, but a means to bring men to an intimate and satisfying knowledge of God, that they may enter into Him, that they may delight in His Presence, may taste and know the inner sweetness of the very God Himself in the core and center of their hearts." (A. W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God. Christian Publications. 1948. pg. 10).

2012/1/12 16:10Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Jesus IS the Word. Why is it so hard to understand this?

2012/1/12 16:38Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Miccah,

Probably time to let this rest.

I agree, Jesus is the Word of God.

Take care,
Pilgrim

2012/1/12 16:51Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

As you wish.

Be blessed.

2012/1/12 16:54Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Thank you, brother.

I would like to let others weigh in on this subject.

I am sure there are many that can explain what I am talking about much better than I and I need to let them share their perspective.

Like you I am always learning and may have to adjust my views. I have had to adjust my views many times in my walk with the Lord and know I will have to many more times.

Much love to you in Christ,
Pilgrim

2012/1/12 17:08Profile

Re:

Well Pilgrim, you got that one right on the nose!!!

There was nothing in the commandments of God that caused Abraham to attempt to slay his son, actually it was just the opposite! Same with David and the shewbread, same with Rahab and her lie. Each responded to an internal calling or commandment in faith to go forward in something that goes directly against an external commandment. Each are biblical examples of "my sheep hear my voice"

It is what I was pointing to earlier with this:

"Faith allows you to do things that law doesn't. "

OJ

2012/1/12 20:31

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy