SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Woman Teaching, Minor or Major doctrine?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread









 Re:

Do you believe you are doing good?


OJ

 2012/1/12 12:46
Miccah
Member



Joined: 2007/9/13
Posts: 1752
Wisconsin

 Re:

In what? In life? In these conversations?

No.

I am being obediant to the Lord's calling. Call it what you will, but it is not a "good or bad" answer that can be given.


_________________
Christiaan

 2012/1/12 12:48Profile









 Re:


Joe, do you realize that most of the Scriptures you post 'at' us are about the Non-regenerated?

Though no one here preaches sinless-perfection [that I know of] the verses you questioned me with as well, on that legalism thread were about the same issue - man's condition without Christ.



Haven't we had enough name calling and innuendos here of late? Almost lost my morning coffee onto my keyboard a few times now, either laughing or a shock attack.

Hey, I thought about Art Katz's Ben Israel where they lived in Community together.
Can you imagine all of 'us' living in that way?
[That thought almost caused a coffee accident again. Ho!]
Well - that may very well happen - but we won't be on beautiful green pastures. We may be at some detention camp together one day. Maybe we'll learn to love each other there?
Corrie Ten Boom said that if you want to get through something like that - Know The Word and have the baptism in The Spirit and we could add Paul's words - "Pray one for another", and a few of his other words about "divisions".


Keep the Peace with Him.

 2012/1/12 12:52









 Re:

Quote:
In what? In life? In these conversations?

No.

I am being obediant to the Lord's calling. Call it what you will, but it is not a "good or bad" answer that can be given.



Then why do you rail about being insulted? Every insult that can be heaped upon us is too GOOD an appraisal off each of us.

OJ

 2012/1/12 12:57









 Re:

Quote:
Joe, do you realize that most of the Scriptures you post 'at' us are about the Non-regenerated?



All you are saying here is that you are thankful you are not like this publican.

When you meet the most High God, and not until then, you will see that you are just like this publican or sodomite or whatever, and will proclaim with Job, 'behold I am vile'.

The Bible condemns us ALL, that it might display mercy to us all.

OJ

 2012/1/12 13:02
Miccah
Member



Joined: 2007/9/13
Posts: 1752
Wisconsin

 Re:

OJ. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and repost what I wrote to Lysa.

Quote:
Please forgive me for being harsh. Even if I believe that I support the correct side, I do need to learn mercy and grace better and better.



OJ, I too am still being molded into His image. I fail every day, including this conversation. I am not above correction or teaching.

And, I am not above God's Word. The whole point of this conversation.

Blessings


_________________
Christiaan

 2012/1/12 13:02Profile









 Re:

Quote:
OJ, I too and still being molded into His image. I fail every day, including this conversation. I am not above correction or teaching.



Thanks for stooping down to offer me the pat on the head, but it is unbecoming for a wretch to pat another wretch on the head. Why join Job and I with "behold, I am vile", not WAS but AM.

OJ

 2012/1/12 13:07









 Re:

Quote:
All you are saying here is that you are thankful you are not like this publican.

When you meet the most High God, and not until then, you will see that you are just like this publican or sodomite or whatever, and will proclaim with Job, 'behold I am vile'.

The Bible condemns us ALL, that it might display mercy to us all.

OJ




Joe, Who's righteousness do we have - at what Great Cost to Himself?

When we meet the Most High GOD, we'll cast any crown we get, if we get one, at HIS feet.

It cost Him Far Too Much to call us by our new names, to use pre-salvation verses 'at' the redeemed.

It's not honoring Him nor HIS 'work' to keep up the synthetic humility thing, Joe.

Can you do a N.T. search on the word "righteousness" - like in Phil 3, etc ?

 2012/1/12 13:09
Miccah
Member



Joined: 2007/9/13
Posts: 1752
Wisconsin

 Re:

Quote:
Thanks for stooping down to offer me the pat on the head, but it is unbecoming for a wretch to pat another wretch on the head. Why join Job and I with "behold, I am vile", not WAS but AM.



OJ. You lost me. If I have offended you, I am sorry.

Be Blessed.


_________________
Christiaan

 2012/1/12 13:13Profile









 Re:

Quote:
Joe, Who's righteousness do we have - at what Great Cost to Himself?



And there is the key. Whose righteousness is it, His or ours?? One clue, it isn't ours!!! We have no righteousness to speak of. "There is none righteous, no not one!" "ALL our righteousnesses are as filthy rags".

OJ

 2012/1/12 14:00





©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy