SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Word Study: The Faith of God (or Christ)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Can the nature of what God calls friendship change?

Both a slave or a son could be a friend, but that doesn't mean that every friend is a son, or that every son developes into a friend.

2005/1/20 17:57Profile
rookie

Re:

Can one be an heir without being a son?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/1/20 18:22Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
[i]Jeff posted: [/i]Can one be an heir without being a son?

[b]A wise servant shall have rule over a son that causeth shame, and shall have part of the inheritance among the brethren. (Pro 17:2 KJV)[/b]

2005/1/20 18:31Profile
rookie

Re:

Gal. 4:7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Gal. 4:30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? “Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.”

Was Isaac heir of the bondwoman or the freewoman?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/1/21 10:43Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Earlier in the thread you spoke of an understanding of the progression of the growth of faith in an individual. You spoke of justification, then regeneration. And then you said that you probably would not teach this.

Hi Bro Jeff,

I must have grossly mispoke if thats what I actually said. Certainly I did not mean that. I have audio teachings from the class on this site that teach both topics. What I meant to say is that I do not unravel the quantum elements of faith as to lead down paths where there is either little light or the light I have is not enough to expand in that area past that point.

God Bless,

-Robert

2005/1/21 11:02Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Was Isaac heir of the bondwoman or the freewoman?

Sorry, don't understand what you are getting at. Is this a response to my answer to your earlier question?

2005/1/21 11:47Profile
rookie

Re:

Br Robert wrote:

Quote:
I must have grossly mispoke if thats what I actually said. Certainly I did not mean that.

I probably put more emphasis on your words and saw something that was not intended.

I have learned that as God reveals Scripture to me, the more I share the understanding that I have at that moment, the more God works to refine that understanding that is coming into the light. I know many of you may disagree with a number of the thoughts that I have shared, but I have experienced the verse, "line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little there alittle." I do not claim to have the understanding of the truth, just the road that leads to the truth. My Lord has much work to do.

God Bless
Jeff

2005/1/25 14:57Profile
rookie

Re:

Br Ron used this Scripture:

Quote:
A wise servant shall have rule over a son that causeth shame, and shall have part of the inheritance among the brethren. (Pro 17:2 KJV)

I don't believe this pretains to the question, Can one be an heir without being a son. Paul writes, Galatians 3:

29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. 1 Now I say that the heir, as long as he is a child, does not differ at all from a slave, though he is master of all, 2 but is under guardians and stewards until the time appointed by the father.

Abraham was an heir, is he a son also?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/1/25 15:04Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
I don't believe this pretains to the question, Can one be an heir without being a son. Paul writes, Galatians 3:

Yes, [b]Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; (Gal 4:1 KJV)[/b]
Servants certainly were not 'sons'. When the fulness of time came God sent forth His Son to redeem those that were under the law; these were children. Heirs but children; they had not entered into their inheritance because the 'time appointed of the father' had not 'fully come'.

As a result of the Spirit, children become heirs, and so do slaves. Yes, you can be an heir without being a son, but you can't be son without being an heir. Not in the sense implied by Paul in Galatians 4.

2005/1/25 15:17Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Ron,

What does Paul mean when he writes, "though he be lord of all?"

In Christ
Jeff

2005/1/26 12:01Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy