SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : question about a book i just bought, unsure about it?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Dear Krautfrau,
I wasn't at all implying that Evan was living with her in an ungodly way, and God forbid any of my statements should be interpretted that a man way more righteous than I was put on the shelf by God because of his "supposed" wickedness. Anyway, I must say this, that upon reading your post this occured to me - that I must admit that in times past, I have heard many suspicions concerning this matter, and much gossip thereof. Now, I have mentioned hear of certain things that I have heard from other preachers... Now, I do feel rebuked, and I do apologize - for because I have heard certain things, that I do discern as negative, I will keep to myself, unless I have witness that the one accusing another has said something spitefully or maliciously against another... Then I will share that reference on this forum whether in a book or sermon, and not by "hear-say"... Besides that, I will keep quiet pertaining to "what I've heard", for indeed such a thing is spreading gossip! God help me, for I hate such sin myself and I repent. I do thankyou for the light you have shed on this Krautfrau.

2012/1/2 8:21Profile

Re:

The Search function on the Homepage works very well and I already posted two links from just page 1 of the Search under the title of 'War on the Saints'. Others have mentioned in those past threads of the influence JPL had on Evans and it wasn't challenged.

When we defend any 'author' or 'teacher' without sufficient SCRIPTURAL proof that what they're teaching is truth, from The Word, then we've become partial - accepting exaggerations or false teachings because part of the teaching is good.

No where in HIS Word do we find "sin" in a Believer to be 'blamed on demons' ---- there are no "spirits of this or that" but just commands to REPENT.
Please scour the N.T. to see how "sin" is dealt with. Paul nor any of the other Apostles ever once called the cause of any sin, "the spirit of anger" or the spirit of anything - they addressed "behavior" that's against GOD's Word as "sin" - and the person themselves were basically told to JUST STOP. No "deliverance services" for BELIEVERS to stop sinning. No blaming devils.
Whenever Any Believer was found to be in sin - the closest we come to demonic involvement is when Paul gave a man over to Satan that the man's spirit might be saved. He didn't cast the spirit of adultry out of him - he turned his flesh over to Satan that his spirit might be saved.

The sad state of the Church is caused by drifting from HIS Word and taking to ourselves a multitude of "teachers".

Everything we need to know about sin and Satan is in our New Testaments and wherever that Book is contridicted - we should, by now, be able to spot the errors.

The Church is impotent because we've left His Word and not recognised that HE 'is' The Word of GOD and Bread of Life that we're to feed on. The Only zoe-Life that we have. The only Word that can be called "living".

I gleaned from this book in question, but again, we need to be able to discuss where Any teaching drifts away from New Testament theology and also, in this case - "demonology".

We've gone beyond "what is written" for far too long and lack the book of Acts power and testimony because of it.

2012/1/2 8:42
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
I see what Jessie Penn Lewis is trying to say, but I think i will try seeking the word and maybe that e.m bounds book.

Bible4Life, This seems like a good plan! You will find EM Bounds to be far more wholesome and edifying.

Maybe it's time for set JPL aside and move on. We get nowhere spinning our tires over this stuff – other than embroiled in irresolvable controversies which has divided God’s people for decades. I suspect that the devil has "accomplished" more through these highly-charged controversies than through her "infamous" book itself– as slanted as it may be. Why fuel that bandwagon!

Diane

2012/1/2 8:59Profile

Re:

Personally, I am very grateful these type discussions take place here because of the greatest sin of this generation is going beyond HIS WORD for our theology and 'that' is what has caused The Church to lose it's power.

GOD came in the flesh - Being the Very WORD of GOD - yet what do we read in several of the posts through-out the internet forums but human's beliefs, mixed with psychology, humanism, false doctrine of demons and so forth.

Yes, John chose the better way - THE BOOK alone and Thank GOD.

Unity at the expense of Truth is Not from Him.

If the topic of this thread, when you boil it down is "Sin", then we need to quote His Word and Know it to be set free. Going beyond His Word keeps one in 'rebellion' - the Number One 'sin' of this generation. Many teachers lacking Scriptural proof for what they're teaching.

If we don't begin to make a great push toward directing people Back to His Word - Sola Scriptura, we'll stand before Him guilty of the greatest sin known to man ... neglecting The Word of GOD for Who and What HE is, is nothing more but human pride of intellect.

His Sheep won't follow another. Jn 10

2012/1/2 9:14

Re:

Thanks Jeshuasboy

JIG

"No where in HIS Word do we find "sin" in a Believer to be 'blamed on demons' ---- there are no "spirits of this or that" but just commands to REPENT.
Please scour the N.T. to see how "sin" is dealt with. Paul nor any of the other Apostles ever once called the cause of any sin, "the spirit of anger" or the spirit of anything - they addressed "behavior" that's against GOD's Word as "sin" - and the person themselves were basically told to JUST STOP. No "deliverance services" for BELIEVERS to stop sinning. No blaming devils."

Yes indeed, the blame is not on the demons. We are responsible for continuing in unrepented sin and the answer is to desire to stop. Having the desire is not always sufficient however to which many believers will attest to. There are addictions etc to which they are bound and it takes God to deliver them. I agree that the deliverance ministries we see are unnecessary and unscriptural. We may be able to have victory over certain sins but certain ones we cannot overcome ourselves and often these are the ones we are blind to though others see them.

I would rather not leave the subject of JPL behind when so much false information and accusations are being made against her.

2012/1/2 9:40

Re:

Quote:
Having the desire is not always sufficient however to which many believers will attest to. There are addictions etc to which they are bound and it takes God to deliver them. I agree that the deliverance ministries we see are unnecessary and unscriptural. We may be able to have victory over certain sins but certain ones we cannot overcome ourselves and often these are the ones we are blind to though others see them.

Could you post Scripture to prove these sentences out, Sis?

2012/1/2 9:43

Re:

Well its not quite so simple as that seeing as we are not interpreting them in the same way. Paul is describing what I am talking about in Romans 7, but those who have not reached the point of seeing how they are not achieving the goal set forth by the sermon on the mount due to conviction by the Holy Spirit, and despair of being obedient to that level, will not have their eyes open to the deeper meeaning in the scriptures which talk about it.

You only have to read the many posts on here of believers who are struggling with various issues to know that this doctrine matches reality.

2012/1/2 10:20

Re:

The letters that we call the Epistles, did not have divisions of chapters and verses in them.

We cannot seperate Rom 7 from the two chpts that sandwich it (Chpts 6&8) and are one conversational message. Please always read the surrounding chpts to get Paul's full message from GOD. Chapter 8 is the final word on the topic that began in Chpt 6.

I don't base doctrine on what others "experience". I can't Sister - because I can give testimony after testimony as well of people who have suffered through the greatest troubles, trials, persecution and "alone" and KNEW GOD just by His Words and prayer - to where there was no sin that they felt that He has not already died to free them from and live a selfless victorious, eyes-off-of-SELF life ...... and The Word of GOD testifies that That 'is' The Normal Christian Life!

Glory to GOD for those great affirmations to His Word - that His Word is True. That He purchased it ALL for us already.

Glory to GOD for those who have lived a life of sacrifice, out of Love for Him alone.

Glory to GOD for those who have died to their own desires and have His instead.

Glory to GOD for His Word is filled with Hope - not bondage, at all!

Alleluia - for as He is in this world, so are we - if we'd just get our eyes off of ourselves and our own self-centered ambitions or lusts.

GOD Bless you!

2012/1/2 11:42
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
I would rather not leave the subject of JPL behind when so much false information and accusations are being made against her.

Krautfrau, You as more virtuous than me! JPL has been labeled as Jezebel, a witch, and much more. That merely exposes the church’s more barbaric side. So it’s not just a case of defending her, but of protecting God’s name. “Hallowed be thy name”.

But I don’t see how you can dialogue effectively on JPL where participants have not studied her work. We just spin wheels and find ourselves forming opposing camps. Because I have expressed some measure of usefulness in JPL’s writings, I am potentially ostracized into her ‘Jezebel' camp. And that merely diminish the credibility of anything else I say. Sometimes I think it’s best to be silent - out of love for one another.

Mind you, I did a quick search for commentaries on JPL. Interestingly, they are written from an eclectic assortment of slants. One I found rather intriguing. According to the author - now that she is dead her works are very good and even men can read them. There is no risk of a dead woman usurping authority.

As for me: JPL once had a place in the past. This morning she has a new place – and that is to observe how people’s existing slants so strongly influence their judgment. Sometimes you can discover more about the commentator than the author being critiqued.

Likewise, God can use our own comments to teach us about ourselves. After all, we have slants of some kind or other – and a few of them may need to rise into our awareness – so we can see that they need revising.

Diane

2012/1/2 11:58Profile

Re:

No need to exagerate what was said on this thread and make matters worse by doing so.

I and others, only faulted her use of the term "possession/possessed".

Division over a "person" is playing the same game that you condemn.

I have two of her books on my book shelf and again - causing anyone to believe that a Christian can be "possessed" is Scripturally blasphemous - after what it cost Him to free us and make us a Testimony to the world and the other world's religions.

What have we to offer them all if we say that 'we' can be "demon possessed"?

What a reproach.

Head knowledge, IQ, verbology, craftiness in print, etc, is not what HE Needs right now to have a Victorious Church of Overcomers - in view of what is ahead of us all - but He needs those who do Know The Word of GOD - both written and intimately with The GOD made flesh.

If that's not our sole direction and motive within our posts - to point to HIM and HIS WORD solely - we've failed Him and His purpose for saving us.

Yes, GOD is revealing hearts and motives on this earth and everything that can be shaken Is.

It's HIS Name that is at stake - not ours or JPL's.

2012/1/2 12:13

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy