SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : i'm writing a book, please pray for me.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

i'm writing a book, please pray for me.

it seemed good that God laid it on my heart to write a book, about Who He is, and Who Messiah Jesus is, and who we are IN Him.

i only deigned to endeavour on this task, for three reasons, first, after LONG prayer, listening and waiting, God the Holy Ghost, told me to begin, second, God has gifted me with a facile pen, that prior to this second, i had employed in the secular realm, and now its time, as he leads, to employ my pen for Him. third, i had several other books i wanted to write, one about alternative history, another about a long space voyage, both of which we based in this Most Holy Faith, but God pressed my heart and soul, to use both Scripture, and the Excellency of His Holy Spirit to engage in such a blessed Task.

Saints, i seek no 'fame', nor acclaim, nor wages, as He has provided me with both manna, and a dwelling FAR from the maddening crowd, but what i do covet, and beg you, are for your prayers, that in this task, i do not veer, into strange and diverse roadways, but only to lay a Foundation of Jesus Christ and Him Crucified.

i need your prayers, because before i leave to be with Jesus, i want to leave something for not only MY son to ponder, but to leave something, that may bless my brethern, in my own simple way.

could you do that for me? please?

2011/12/18 9:03
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: i'm writing a book, please pray for me.

Everyone should write a book, if for no other reason to leave a legacy to your children. Which is the reason behind my book- written but mostly just stored on the computer.

I pondered a long time on what to do, how to get my thoughts into something that someone would actually read. There is a lot of competition for reading out there, so I decided to write something of an autobiography weaving in my experiences, revelations, and counter notions to conventional Christian thought.

A lot of people believe nonsense, and even justify it with Bible verses. Books needed today dispel "Christian myths" with the Blood of the Lamb and the word of your testimony- it makes for good reading. Everybody likes to read the stories of other people's lives, don't you?

Keep us posted on what you decide to do.

You write- we'll pray- give us good things from God!

2011/12/18 16:32Profile
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Neil, I will pray. I will pray that you stand in the council of the Lord to hear what He wants you to pen. That you veer neither to the right nor the left without His leading. And I will ask that you enjoy that blessed, sweet communion with Him as you write His heart.

May you see His fingerprints in your life today.
REJOICE! =)
Mary

2011/12/18 17:05Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
i need your prayers, because before i leave to be with Jesus, i want to leave something for not only MY son to ponder, but to leave something, that may bless my brethern, in my own simple way.

Brother, may the Lord be honored by everything you do by word or deed as you do it for the glory of Jesus Christ. We must all follow His voice and speak boldly for Him in this generation.

2011/12/18 17:25Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Praying! May the Lord bless you in this!

2011/12/18 19:32Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Hezwelling, I will pray for you. I know as a writer myself that the task is challenging. Go with God.

2011/12/18 22:57Profile
Nellie

Re:

May God help you write this book, as unto Him.
God Bless you.

2011/12/19 0:09Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

May you supply the pen.

2011/12/19 8:20Profile

May God bless all you saints you endeavoured to pray for me, and i thank you with my whole heart, love, neil

2011/12/20 6:10

"Sidewalk"

forgive me for using your moniker, and thank you for your words of encouragement as well as the other saints who did.

something you wrote piqued my interest:

Quote:
I pondered a long time on what to do, how to get my thoughts into something that someone would actually read. There is a lot of competition for reading out there...

brother, i've written quite a few things in the secular realm, although the last thing i wrote had a Gospel theme underlying it, and i can tell you this, and i write this in a gentle tenor....."competition" matters not one iota to me. Here's what matters, if anything that comes from my pen under the Leading of the Holy Spirit, turns ONE soul from death unto Life, and Life in Messiah, i'll dance like King David.

now, i speak in a secular bent, having written in and been in the "entertainment" industry....the one rule, to keep them reading, to keep them watching is this: NEVER BE BORING. i'm not talking about doing cartwheels, or foaming at the mouth, or being "controversial" to be controversial, or any such fleshly exercise. you just be real, and make it plain......when you speak or write authentically, they will read, they will listen.

before i used to do that for money....this work?.....Its not for money. It's for Our Father, It's for His Son, our Savior, our Messiah. Its for all those lonely prophets in Scripture....i NEED to discover Who they All are, and just spell it out, plain....and the Only "Reference"Book i need is That Holy Bible, the only Editor i need is God the Holy Ghost.

in short, i aint gon be writing no "Shack"...and i aint gon pretend i'm no "Matthew Henry"....bless God he kept me away from seminaries, and i mean no offense to seminary trained saints....TO THIS DAY, i cant even tell you what 'calvinism' or 'armianism' is, nor 'dispensationalism' or 'predestination" is....i'm gloriously free to wander thru the Sacred Word, unchained, a humble jew who follows Jesus. neil

2011/12/20 6:38

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy