SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Strong Delusions In This Generation

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Hello rookie, I believe you and other participants in this thread will appreciate this video:

http://www.mojvideo.com/video-the-weight-of-chains-part-1/c28ba168153f524eee71#

(there are 5 parts which can be found right of the video)

I watched it recently, and it was right on the head, showing the things very well about the hypocrisy of the Western civilization with the leader America. It's interesting that those things are happening again, and again, and again in different parts of the world in this recent history, why is so?

2012/5/26 12:00Profile

Re:

Hi Brother. I was reading that there are many people taking their lives in suicides in Greece because of the financial desparity. Have you heard this and has it affected your country the way the problems have in Greece?
That thought has been on my mind. It's difficult to confirm things from overseas here. We wouldn't know what News Service is reliable here. We have friends in other countries overseas and knowing what goes on in their countries by accurate News sources would be appreciated.

When I get a strong signal, I'd like to see this video series as well.

All His Best.

2012/5/26 22:26
a-servant

Re:

The Europe crisis is in full swing now. It's not only Greece, it goes around in circles into bigger economies such as Italy and Spain. It's not that it's a secret anymore, it sort of is hidden in plain sight. Look carefully what's happening. JR Morgan reports a 2 Billion loss. Anybody pays attention? Not really, it's just more of the same things that are underway since 2008.

I'm just following up with that, as do others, like for example:

Heist of the century: Wall Street's role in the financial crisis
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/may/20/wall-street-role-financial-crisis

now that article is basically a book review, that might only be interesting to insiders. I'm not one of these insiders, but I was watching the documentary of it on DVD which is much clearer than the article. I'd say if anyone truly wants to know what's going on on a technical level of our world economies - That's the one to watch. Europe is just the first one to go. The US will be next in line, thanks to men like these interviewed in this documentary. A high society of very clever thiefs. Truly the best of the best.

2012/5/26 23:03Profile

Re:

eta to clarify.

Just my feelings after watching the 5 videos, ToJ - Rev 17:18.

2012/5/27 3:43

Re:

"I'm not one of these insiders, but I was watching the documentary of it on DVD which is much clearer than the article."

What is the name of the documentary?

Thanks.

2012/5/27 17:27
a-servant

Re:

Oh I'm sorry, I got it partially wrong. I meant the comments to that article are the reviews. That mentioned article itself is not a review, it's an excerpt from the book version of that same documentary titled " Inside Job" by Charles Ferguson.

The video version is much better to understand than the article because it's presented in a clear and concise story telling format. It helped me greatly to understand the topic as a whole for the first time.Usually we only get bits and pieces in the news, but never the whole story and how the people involved connect to each other. The author has done excellent research and asks all the difficult questions, some of which are only partially answered or not answered at all by the people he interviews, and that makes them basically reveal themselves. Now that's investigative journalism at its finest.

2012/5/27 19:06Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
ginnyrose Ok, so what can a body do about it?

Wow! lot of focus on the world here lately, hope all this don't take our focus off Christ. I ask this question once before here, on another thread, and it was avoided like the plague. Isn't there some things that are destined to happen according to the word of God that no prayer, no man, no concerns or worries are going to prevent? so why concern ourselves?

I personally don't know exactly what those things are, but God does give some examples of the things that will happen in in the end times, of course just in my personal opinion, the end times started over 2000 years ago and will continue until "GOD" tells his son Jesus Christ to return, because Jesus don't even know, and I am sure he is sure not as concerned as we are, he is probably even wondering why we spend so much time worrying about it, and not more time focusing on him.

My personal ticket to Heaven has been blood bought, and I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior, and been saved by grace. Yes I know we are to use our God given wisdom for certain things, like we should not stand in the middle of the freeway, but are some letting the things of the world take away some of their focus of the Lord? I personally try and stay so focused on Jesus Christ, that I will not the things that are happening around the world that I have no control over, take my eyes off him.

I know in these last days drama will take over some minds, if you don't think so, take a look at the members on facebook and the money facebook is worth, and some of the damage it's done to what was once good folks with good relationships and focused on God. I really personally believe that FB is evil, yet it has not shown it's real face yet, only time will tell. I just thank God I got off a long time ago, and I personally think it was my discernment, speaking of discernment, it's really lacking in the Church of today.

Satan is still setting his traps as always, but now with the internet, he has the opportunity to catch more, lure them in with things that may appear to look like Blessings, but are just the opposite. My message here is, just be real careful about what you focus on, not one of us is beyond being lured away from our focus on Christ as long as we are on earth.

We really all need to focus more on these scriptures if we choose to also stay somewhat focused on the world.

Eph 6:10-17...Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armour of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled round your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

2012/5/27 20:50Profile

Re:

Dear Mr. Bill Pro and Ms. GinnyRose:

I believe it is a good question to ask: Why is God allowing one of the largest global economic collapses in history? I am reading Art Katz's book "The Holocaust: Where was God?" and it is very sobering. As Paul writes Titus that "the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:11-13).

So hopefully all this worldwide and American catastrophes will drive us to our knees before God so we might truly repent and turn from our selfish ambitions and worldly lusts. Then may He break us, like He did Job, and fill us with His Holy Spirit so that our bodies might be a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship - that we would be witnesses that bring glory to His name.

Thank you for all the postings on this very important subject on learning more of the signs of the times and God's perfect will in preparing His Bride.

Love in Christ's name,

Kenneth Martin

2012/5/27 22:45

Re:

Dear a-servant,

I found another documentary on the global collapse that is for free called: "Meltdown-The Global Financial Crisis."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXfnHM9QBjk

BTW, that video on Yugoslavia "The Weight of Chains" was well done and I had no idea about the extent of the history of this country.

Thanks,

Kenneth

2012/5/27 23:01
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

MrBillPro wrote:

"We really all need to focus more on these scriptures if we choose to also stay somewhat focused on the world."

This is very true. As we feed on the Scriptures, the full counsel of God, we are also taught to recognize the deception that is in this world. As we recognize this deception, because of Scripture, we will grow in like mindedness. The like mindedness that we encounter is testified of in the book of Hebrews...

Hbr 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, [fn] embraced [them] and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Hbr 11:14 For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland.

Hbr 11:15 And truly if they had called to mind that [country] from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return.

Hbr 11:16 But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly [country]. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.

I have never counted the number of Scriptures which are concerned with evil, with that said, I believe more than half testify to the deception.

So as ginnyrose asked what can we do? We can as pilgrams bring the darkness that is in this world to light so that those who still have affections for this world will see the time of the current season...

2012/5/28 8:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy