SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : what do you think?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Sems

Latvia

what do you think?

I read this some time back and I do not feel good in my spirit about it...So plz do share your thoughts on this. THANK YOU.

' In the beginning God created men and WOMEN authority over the earth. The CURSE over the woman was that your husband would rule over you, Jesus died to break the curse. It's about time women experience the full extent of their Lord's resurrection power! Every religion in the world figures out some way to realize oppressing women...' - Kris Vallotton in his facebook status update.

2011/11/19 20:03Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re: what do you think?

This is my understanding..

Jesus did die to break the curse. The curse of the law, in men and in women. Yes this is true...HOWEVER... while we are still in mortal flesh we still obey certain commandments in order to please the Lord, because He knows what is best on how to live while here on earth. We are all one in Christ Jesus. But just like we need to dress modestly so must there be order.

2011/11/19 20:38Profile
Creation7

That would mean that women are not "experiencing the full extent of their Lord's resurrection power" because childbirth is still painfull. That was part of the cuse, too. :P I think it's obvious this isn't correct.

2011/11/19 20:53Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

I am not sure what version you are reading creation, but my version says sorrow, not pain.

1Ti_2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Sounds pretty joyful to me... :)

Read this Sems... https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=35&topic_id=41596&post_id=301765&viewmode=thread&order=0

2011/11/19 21:07Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

The statement is a little bit troubling in one respect, and absolutely correct in another. I think it absolutely true that there is absolutely NO difference between male and female at the cross. Where experiencing the full power of God's resurrection is concerned there is no difference.

Gal 3:27-28
(27) For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
(28) There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

The quote does hint at the idea that Christ freed women from the curse of being in subjection to their husbands. This would not be a Biblical idea at all. There is still a Godly and proper order to the husband/wife relationship that has not changed.

Eph 5:20-28
(20) Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
(21) Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
(22) Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
(23) For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
(24) Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
(25) Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
(26) That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
(27) That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
(28) So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

However this scripture must be taken in all of its statement and context. Although my wife subjects herself to me just as I subject myself to Christ there is also a reality of my own submission to her according to verse 21. There is a mutual submission to one another in Christ and in another sense a submission of wife to husband in the Biblical order of things.

2011/11/19 21:15Profile
learjet

This is an interesting thought but unbiblical, the Lord also said that he would make childbirth painful, are Christian women immune from pain during childbirth?

He told Adam that he would die physically (curse), yet Christians are still dying physically just like they did in the beginning. We also have to toil (work) all our days (another curse), even as Christians. In fact the New Covenant says that if we don't work to take care of our families we are WORSE than infidels.

I know quite a few biblical, humble, Christlike, women and they are very powerful in humility and although I've never asked them I would almost guarantee that they IN NO WAY feel oppressed, but instead joyful.

Sounds more like secular humanism to be honest with you.

2011/11/19 21:22Profile
Creation7

Re:

Quote:
I am not sure what version you are reading creation, but my version says sorrow, not pain.

Mine's from the KJV also; but the sorrow is reffering to the pain of childbirth. Pretty much any version says pain, also.

"To the woman He said: "I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; In pain you shall bring forth children; Your desire [shall be] for your husband, And he shall rule over you." (Gen. 3:16) NKJV

"Then he said to the woman, "I will sharpen the pain of your pregnancy, and in pain you will give birth. And you will desire to control your husband, but he will rule over you." (Gen. 3:16)NLT

"To the woman He said, "I will greatly multiply Your pain in childbirth, In pain you will bring forth children; Yet your desire will be for your husband, And he will rule over you." (Gen. 3:16)NASB

"Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy pain and thy conception; in pain thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee." (Gen. 3:16) ASV

Etc.

2011/11/19 21:51Profile
learjet

Sems,

If you have an uneasy feeling regarding that post, read the comments and you will REALLY feel uneasy. Sadly, this is what masquerades as sound teaching here in the US, please pray for us!

2011/11/19 22:03Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

QUOTE:
"' In the beginning God created men and WOMEN authority over the earth. The CURSE over the woman was that your husband would rule over you, Jesus died to break the curse. It's about time women experience the full extent of their Lord's resurrection power! Every religion in the world figures out some way to realize oppressing women...' - Kris Vallotton in his facebook status update."

SIGH..ain't worth your time to even consider it. Read something else, like the WORD. You can't go wrong with it.

I do not know how old you are, but as you grow in your Bible knowledge you will learn that the most dangerous lit out there is that written by professing Christians! The devil will use them to get you to question the clear reading of the WORD and once you question, you get on a slippery slope from which there rarely is any stopping until you hit the bottom!

God bless....

2011/11/19 22:10Profile
Dlight

Re:

I would like to add an interpretation of Genesis 3:16 which says "I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children..."

I have heard one interpretation (which I found believable) that states:

While this verse refers to the pain of child birth, it also refers to the difficulty and sorrow in raising children thus "in sorrow, you shall 'bring forth'...". bring forth refers to the role of mothering children, which, though very precious, is many times frustrating and exerting.

I found this interpretation believable because, among other reasons, it makes the sorrow of women ongoing as opposed to the instantaneous pain of childbirth. Adam's curse which says "All the days of your life...In the sweat of your face, you shall eat bread" is continuous over the life of the man.

So, I guess I will ask the same question here. What do you guys think about this interpretation? I got it from a random YouTube sermon, so I do not impose it on anyone.

2011/11/19 22:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy