SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : CHRISTMAS -Pagan Holiday #1

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Just like with me... you're not going to get an answer.

1) He does not believe in the New Testament.

2) He does not know the Bible well enough to answer.

Yesterday he brought up several points of the Levitical Law, even had them numbered. Demanded we must follow them. When I ask if he follows another point of the same Law (hair/beard) there is no answer. Why? Because he does not follow it. He cherry picks the Law, yet tells YOU that YOU must follow the whole Law.

Krispy

2011/11/11 11:21
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

It doesn't matter, we can celebrate the birth of Christ every day if we want to, and I want to. I also observe Christmas, and there's no Biblical prohibition against Christmas. It's one of the most beautiful times of the year when most can get together with their families and have a good time in the Lord.
Observe Christmas or don't - your choice - but mind your own business - don't make up condemnation and judgment for those who do - hide on Christmas or whatever you want to do.
In the meantime, all days belong to Christ.
I first thought this might be another Christmas bashing thread, and I'm happy that it isn't.:)

2011/11/11 11:25Profile

Re:

It's not. This is very much a theological issue.

Krispy

2011/11/11 11:28
dietolive

Re:

Hi jochbaptist.

Thanks for taking the time to actually respond. However, you re-numbered my arguments and then only responded to arguments 3,4, and 5.

What about my 1st argument? What about my 2nd argument?

1. The Bible says that the observing or not observing of holy days is not a “salvation issue.”

2. Attempting to discredit something by supposedly showing a “pagan origin” is biblically and historically inaccurate"

Please read these and answer them too.

You quoted me:
"Cut out the pagans, (since they neither “originated” nor “own” any day of the year)."

And then wrote:
"- I think you underestimate the Demonic realm..."

No, I think rather that you OVER-estimate the power of the demonic realm, and consequently UNDER-estimate the power of our God.

You quote me:
"Give God thanks alone as LORD of every day that He has made...."

And then write:
"- My point exactly, WE SHOULD celebrate his Incarnation, the fact that He (ALMIGHTY GOD) appeared as a babe, Mary’s service in giving birth to Him in the stable etc RIGHT THROUGH THE YEAR, or as the Holy Spirit moves in and amongst us. I listen to “Christmas music” right through the year … Why limit it to one day?"

Actually, we celebrate Christmas all year. We do. Really.

Regarding Argument 3.“Christmas Trees” are not condemned in Scripture:
Ashtaroth worship is."

You wrote:
"- I agree.
- So why don’t you decorate a tree and keep it in your house for the whole year? The reason is that the tree was part of the Pagan practices incorporated into Christmas, and goes with the “spirit of the season."

Anyone may do as he pleases. There is no compulsion with our view, only with yours. We may have a tree decoration up for one day or 365, it matters not.

Regarding Argument #4 "Attempting to use a ‘false-dilemma’ argument is a logical fallacy."

You wrote:
"You quote:
"- Gal 4:9&10 - But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how [is it that] you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be IN BONDAGE? YOU OBSERVE DAYS AND MONTHS AND SEASONS AND YEARS."

There is no compulsion in our practice, only in yours. We may celebrate it, or we may not, according to the Scriptures in my argument #1.

Regarding #5 "One who erects walls of division between believers over non-essentials is a wicked abomination to Jesus Christ"

You wrote:
"- This is not non-essential according to Gal 4:9&10 - But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how [is it that] you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be IN BONDAGE? YOU OBSERVE DAYS AND MONTHS AND SEASONS AND YEARS.

Again, there is no compulsion, no "bondage" in our practice, only in yours. We may celebrate it, or we may not, according to the Scriptures in my argument #1.

You continue:
"- I believe we should correct each other, in a Godly way. 2Ti 4:2 Preach the word! Be ready in season [and] out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching."

Amen.

Be well,
Doug

2011/11/11 11:33Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
KrispyKrittr.....
It's not. This is very much a theological issue.

Krispy

Well then here is some theology to read:

Regardless of how brilliant or how great one's intellect may be, God's Word is not understood by human wisdom or reasoning. It is only through the Spirit of God that the Word of God is understood.

Jesus said it is the Spirit of truth that teaches us all things.

2011/11/11 11:38Profile

Re:

You have to have the Spirit of Truth dwelling inside...

Krispy

2011/11/11 11:42

Re:

Dear Solomon101

Isaiah 42:6 -The Servant himself would be the covenant —- he would be the basis of the relationship for both Jews and Gentiles.

The Savior himself is the covenant sent to make atonement for us. To clear the confusion, here is what he said:

Don't ever think that I came to set aside Moses' Teachings or the Prophets. I didn't come to set them aside but to make them come true. (to fulfill) Matthew 5:17

The word "fulfill" also means sometimes "to teach" or "to inculcate," Colossians 1:25.

Every time we conclude that the Savior did away with the Law, we call him a liar.

He cleared that confusion in Matthew 5:17

2011/11/11 11:45
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
KrispyKrittr
You have to have the Spirit of Truth dwelling inside...

Krispy

Ah! this is true.

2011/11/11 11:45Profile

Re:

Haircut... haircut... haircut... got an answer yet?

Krispy

2011/11/11 11:46

Re:

To quote George Thorogood:

"Get a haircut and get real job..."

C'mon Monkzz... you've avoided the question long enough. Do you or dont you?

Krispy

2011/11/11 11:47

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy