SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Bible School update (webmaster)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Bible School update (webmaster)

Just to update everyone on the progress with the Bible school situation. I will be leaving January 10th to stay at a brothers house for 2 weeks before the Feb 1st school start date. I will be living on campus for the 1st semester of school from feb-june. I have placed the housing deposit and the tuition is due before feb 1st. The closer I come to beginning school to study the Word of God the more excited I am getting! Thank you all for your prayer support and encouragements. I have many tasks to finish up before I leave to Bible School.. here are a few for people to pray about:

-SermonIndex Non-Profit Application Process
-Backup Solution for SermonIndex media files
-Finishing of encoding materials (OJ smith and Art Katz)
-Tying up of loose ends and handing over responsibilities to some people.

I have had a few people ask about support. If you want to support me financially you can do so here: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/support.html]Donations[/url]

--

for info on the application and prior happenings check this forum:
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3431&forum=16&29]Bible School Application (webmaster)[/url]

2005/1/1 14:25Profile
dougkristen

Re: Bible School update (webmaster)

Hi Greg,

What loose ends do you need help with? Also, what ideas do you have for a backup solution? Do you have funds available for this? Let me know.

Grace,
Doug

2005/1/1 22:56Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
What loose ends do you need help with? Also, what ideas do you have for a backup solution? Do you have funds available for this? Let me know.

Hi Brother, As for the backup solution I have been downloading the entire site to an external harddrive 80gb. And also onto another external hard drive which I will be mailing to a brother in Florida before I leave. Brother Jason in florida will be restoring many of the wav audio sermon files and helping get better quality for many of the recordings. And it will be great for him to have an [b]entire[/b] backup of the 63gigs of SI materials.

I am hoping to have a 2nd media server with a copy of all the mp3 files as a better backup solution that could be switched in 1 minute if one server went down. But I am waiting for more support to make that happen. I think for the interm to have a backup solution locally is quite sufficient but quite soon down the road it would be great to have a second server up and going. Another idea is to host the materials in a more stable atmosphere such as the gospelcom server cluster, they are hosting my physical site for free at this point but it would be nice to have the media there also. They do tape backups and have good security on their system and also its all run by chrisitans. I am looking into the pricing for this but it would be alot more expensive then the 1 server I am running now. But it might be worth while quite close down the road just for peace of mind to ensure SermonIndex still delivers the sermons available. I would appreciate prayers towards this and if anyone feels led to send in more support on a monthly basis they can do so also.

As for bible school if God lays it on anyone's heart to help fund it is definetly needed. I might have to try and get a vechile down there and there might be an open door to go to a different extension campus in england or israel. I just want to be open to what God wants for me in this next two years. The establishment of the Non-Profit for SermonIndex will definetly help in the raising of support for this ministry.

Thanks for your concern brother I would love to hear your ideas also towards backup solutions and what I am thinking.

2005/1/1 23:31Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I will be leaving January 10th to stay at a brothers house for 2 weeks before the Feb 1st school start date.

There are a few more days for me left in Toronto, Canada before I leave for Calfornia. I would ask for prayer for all the last-minute preparations that are needed and also last chances for me to meet people and friends. Its really amazing how the Lord has gotten so many things working all together like this.. I have felt the last month has been divinely led in so many ways. I will be applying for the student visa at the airport so please pray that goes smoothly. Many of my goals have been accomplished that I wanted to finish before I left, praise be to God. Just to let people know again I [b]will[/b] still be actively updating and monitoring SermonIndex when I am in California. At times I will not be as involved in promoting SermonIndex so I would ask if the Lord lays it on your heart and if you have been blessed by this ministry to tell others about it through these various means: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4057&forum=15]Getting Involved with SermonIndex[/url]

Any questions are welcome. Thanks all for the interest and support in what God is doing in my life.. I am humbled to be able to study Gods word more and spend and be spent in that precious work for the next 2 years. I pray I can give as much as I take in.

2005/1/6 23:45Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
I pray I can give as much as I take in.

And I pray we can give back as much as you have given all of us brother.

Dear saints, [b]DO[/b] pray for our fearless leader as he travels out to the land of horrible sports teams and really smog congested air quality. I know I am asking for it (our sports teams around here all left to go play chess it seems, so I ought not to talk)...

All kidding aside. Do pray, and give what we are led, Greg has put so much into all that we see and hear, a great sacrifice that I am sure he bears more than willingly, but he has poured out much more than any of us will ever know, now we can help give of ourselves in whatever ways we can and prayer is certainly what has under girded all this magnificent effort.

Not only for this site but for our brother personally. There will be a need for some transportation while he is here for next couple of years and just the day to day things that will be certainly more stretched in this situation.

Praise God that He is bringing a dear friend so close to my own backyard..I am so jazzed about this for him, what an opportunity!

2005/1/7 0:29Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Praise God that He is bringing a dear friend so close to my own backyard..I am so jazzed about this for him, what an opportunity!

Ahh I am looking forward to meeting you brother what a blessing you have been in my life and such an intergal part of this ministry. Yes I will God willing need some transportation ie car while I am in california and there are other expenses to living there for the next 2 years. I know the Lord will provide. I am leaving for California in [b]2 days[/b]!! I am very stoked about this..! :-D

2005/1/8 1:08Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I am leaving for California in 2 days!!

I am leaving on the plane early tommorow morning for LA. I would ask that people pray for my safety and that I get my student visa with no hassles at all. Thanks and God Bless.

2005/1/9 22:48Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Praise God brother!

Been much in my thoughts and prayers and in case we miss you in the morning, have a good flight and let us know when you get settled in.

2005/1/9 23:03Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

God speed Greg.

2005/1/10 3:25Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Definitely praying! Especially when I was awaken at 3:00 in the morning by the craziest thunder and lighting storm I've ever experienced in California. Still raining today and I heard the rain fall has been more severe in LA, so I definitely prayed that you got in safely. Actually... by now you would have arrived in LAX.

Sounds like you have quite a few options open to you in the next 2 years and I trust that God will lead you and guide you in His perfect will. See ya real soon! :-)

2005/1/10 13:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy