Discussion Forum : General Topics : Eternal Hell

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

twayneb wrote:
"The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever."(Revelation 20:10)
This verse says in a very straightforward way that the beast and the false prophet along with the devil will be tormented day and night forever. What it does not say is that unbelievers will be as well. It seems that Mat 10:28 and 2Th 1:8-9 speak more specifically to the unbeliever"

If you will accept that that verse clearly seems to teach an eternal torment for the devil and the beast and false prophet, I would encourage you to consider Matthew 25:41"“Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels"

That "everlasting fire" is obviously the "lake of fire" mentioned throughout Revelation. Those on His left will be cast into the same everlasting lake of fire prepared for the devil and his demons. We also read in Revelation 20:15 and 21:8 that unbelievers will be cast into that same lake of fire.

As I stated before, the Scriptures seem very clear on that subject. There is an eternal torment awaiting the unsaved. Only human reasoning can do away with such clear teaching from God's Word. Who are we to question the justice of such a severe punishment from God? The problem is when we start reasoning things like, "If I were God I would not punish my creatures to such extremity if I loved them."
We start shaping a god that lines up with our way of thinking or feeling, instead of humbly submitting to the true and living God revealed in Scripture.

2011/10/17 21:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy