SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 13

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Humility allows Christ’s life to be perfected in us. But pride, the opposite of humility, works death in us. To be exalted, honored and recognized was the desire of Lucifer. He was not content with what God had chosen for him so he decided to exalt himself: “I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God” (Isaiah 14: 13). Because of this Lucifer fell, rejected by God because of the pride in his heart. All sin originated in pride and self-exaltation. But our salvation originated in Christ humbling Himself by His death on the cross." - K.P. Yohannan

2012/1/13 16:47Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"The most unhappy people in the world are the ones who live only for themselves. All that they do, they do only for their own sake. For these self- centered individuals, the most precious things in the world is their "self." Like a cancer that eats and destroys its own cells, the self-centered individual is slowly dying inwardly." - K.P. Yohannan

2012/1/13 16:48Profile
pilgrim777

Re: Hudson Taylor - The Exchanged Life

"Ah, there is rest!" I thought. "I have striven in vain to rest in Him. I'll strive no more. For has not He promised to abide with me ­ never to leave me, never to fail me?" And, . . . He never will.

...As I thought of the Vine and the branches, what light the blessed Spirit poured direct into my soul! How great seemed my mistake in wishing to get the sap, the fullness out of Him! I saw not only that Jesus will never leave me, but that I am a member of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. The vine is not the root merely, but all ­ root, stem, branches, twigs, leaves, flowers, fruit. And Jesus is not that alone ­ He is soil and sunshine, air and showers, and ten thousand times more than we have ever dreamed, wished for or needed. Oh, the joy of seeing this truth! I do pray that the eyes of your understanding too may be enlightened, that you may know and enjoy the riches freely given us in Christ.

...Do not let us consider Him as far off, when God has made us one with Him, members of His very body. Nor should we look upon this experience, these truths, as for the few. They are the birthright of every child of God, and no one can dispense with them without dishonoring our Lord. The only power for deliverance from sin or for true service is Christ. And it is all so simple and practical!

"But are you always conscious of this abiding in Christ?" Mr. Taylor was asked many years later. "While sleeping last night," he replied, "did I cease to abide in your home because I was unconscious of the fact? We should never be conscious of not abiding in Christ."

(Taylor, Dr. and Mrs. Howard, Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret. London: China Inland Mission. 1935. pgs. 114-116).

2012/1/13 17:29Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Joy is at the heart of satisfied living. (J. I. Packer)

2012/1/13 21:56Profile
Madefree

Alabama

Re:

“The glory of the gospel is that when the Church is absolutely different from the world, she invariably attracts it. It is then that the world is made to listen to her message, though it may hate it at first. That is how revival comes. That must also be true of us as individuals. It should not be our ambition to be as much like everybody else as we can, though we happen to be Christian, but rather to be as different from everybody who is not a Christian as we can possibly be. Our ambition should be to be like Christ; the more like Him the better. And the more like Him we become, the more we shall be unlike everybody who is not a Christian.”

~ D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones

2012/1/14 2:22Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"The reason that so many fail to attain the BLESSED LIFE is that there is some one point in which they hold back from God, and concerning which they prefer to have their own way and will rather than His. In this one thing they will not yield their will and accept God's; and this one little thing mars the whole, robs them of peace, and compels them to wander in the desert." - F.B. Meyer

2012/1/14 14:25Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Great Quotes 13

Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible. ~ Wisdom from Oswald Chambers

2012/1/16 9:15Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Fill your heart with God’s Word, meditate on it and put your faith in Jesus. And then, when you pray, believe like a little child and you will see your Heavenly Father meet your need." - K.P. Yohannan

2012/1/18 1:53Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

“Have we armed ourselves with the willingness to suffer – to the same extent that Christ suffered for us when He was on earth?” - K.P. Yohannan

2012/1/18 1:56Profile
Giggles

Re:

"I just cant immagine 50 years from now the devastating results of this shallow new evangelicalism promoted from preachers and teachers who lack substantially the essense of genuine holiness in their preaching and lifestyle."

~Elected

2012/1/19 11:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy